PDA

View Full Version : Followup in Leia's Great Escape!

dandysmom
19-11-2007, 09:28 PM
As you may remember, she got out last week, and I had to carry her in kicking, hissing and growling. Emphasis on the kicking: she is a big, strong cat; and gave me a really good kick! Here's a pic of the bruise that's developed...think it's kind of funny! You don't get kicked by your cat every day...:-D

http://www.catsey.com/%5Bcenter%5D%5Bimg%5Dhttp://wwwdogsey.com/pics/22122DSCN0965.JPG%20%5B/img%5D%5B/center%5D

http://wwwdogsey.com/pics/22122DSCN0965.JPG

Jac
19-11-2007, 09:31 PM
Oh Eileen that looks really sore! No wonder you were so shaken. (((((((((((( ))))))))))) hugs

Elaine
19-11-2007, 09:37 PM
OMG Eileen that looks pretty bad.

Darky
19-11-2007, 09:42 PM
Ohh, ouch.. My sister once learnt how strong cats truly are when Tiger [RIP] once tried to hit the dog - but missed, and whacked my sister's leg. Apparently it felt like being punched. :shock:

borderdawn
19-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Looks like Leia can give a kick like a Kangaroo! Hope it gets better quickly Eileen.
Dawn.

dandysmom
19-11-2007, 09:55 PM
Looks like Leia can give a kick like a Kangaroo! Hope it gets better quickly Eileen.
Dawn.

Love that. Dawn! I had no idea she was that strong..:-D. Actually it's not particularly sore at all, just rather colorful! The red mark to the right is where one of her hind claws caught me: that was sore. To be honest, I should add that I bruise easily...:-D
Thought I'd share the laugh with you all...

Moli
19-11-2007, 10:28 PM
Blimey DM, my staffys bruise me like that when I play with them!!! Leia must be a big girl!!

dandysmom
19-11-2007, 10:32 PM
She's 14 solid pounds! Now you all know why I have such trouble pilling her!!! :-D

Kazz
19-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Eileen would you like me to post you the sharp stick.

Hope it heals soon.

MrsH
19-11-2007, 11:04 PM
Ouch, let's hope she never needs rescuing again, ungrateful Leia!

dandysmom
19-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Ouch, let's hope she never needs rescuing again, ungrateful Leia!

Awww, she didn't mean it! She was very scared at being outside and had found a safe hidey-spot under the porch and there I was dragging her away from it! She's normally a very sweet, laid back cat (except with the mice!) :-D

Elaine
19-11-2007, 11:23 PM
Poor baby, you just cannt explain to them that you are only trying to help. I am sure she didnt mean to harm her mum xxx;)

Mags
20-11-2007, 12:12 AM
Ooh Eileen, Leia certainly packs a fair punch!:? I hope it heals soon....

Grete
20-11-2007, 09:28 AM
Ow! lol what a brat she was :)

Hope you heal up fine *hugs* :)

Kazz
20-11-2007, 10:36 AM
Cleo did something similar to me any years ago I decided when first moved here to let her see the front door from the back door (we are semi detached not on main road) I brought a cat harness adn lead - MAJOR MAJOR mistake.
We did the walk twice and then dog came roud the corner with owner - PANIC - Cleo went up the nearest thing my legs......!!!!!!!! and tried to get onto the fence I tried to get her off and she turned and bit me I think she thought I was the dog grabbing her leg. Nightmare world.
It is purely purely panic, and the survival instinct kicking in.
Never took her out on the lead again I threw it away, she sorted herself out.

Karen

Grete
20-11-2007, 11:32 AM
Lol Kazz, that sounds painful!!

Reminds me of an incident my mum had. My sister and her husband were living with my parents for a time while they were saving for a deposit on a house and their cat (called Treacle) hated the dogs so she stayed in their room and occasionally ventured downstairs. They had a baby gate across their bedroom door so she could hop over if she wanted to but the dogs couldn't get in.

Anyway, she got brave one day and came down, the dogs saw her and got excited (even tho they have always lived with cats) and she panicked and ran back upstairs... only instead of going over the gate, she tried to run through it and being a fattypuss, she got stuck between the bars.

My mum ran up and instead of pushing her bum through or tugging her back out from behind, she reached over the other side and went to pull her free that way.... and the poor panicked cat completely savaged her hands.

My mum just looked at me (cos I had run up too after hearing the commotion) her mouth open, I looked at her standing there dripping blood and she said 'well that wasn't a good idea was it?'

We couldn't stop giggling after that and she refused to go for any stitches so I patched her up as best I could and then told her to go to the doctors for antibiotics the next day. She didn't :roll: but did a few days later when the bites got infected as cat bites invariably do.

Even now when we talk about it, the fits of giggles start again.

dandysmom
20-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Lol Kazz, that sounds painful!!

Reminds me of an incident my mum had. My sister and her husband were living with my parents for a time while they were saving for a deposit on a house and their cat (called Treacle) hated the dogs so she stayed in their room and occasionally ventured downstairs. They had a baby gate across their bedroom door so she could hop over if she wanted to but the dogs couldn't get in.

Anyway, she got brave one day and came down, the dogs saw her and got excited (even tho they have always lived with cats) and she panicked and ran back upstairs... only instead of going over the gate, she tried to run through it and being a fattypuss, she got stuck between the bars.

My mum ran up and instead of pushing her bum through or tugging her back out from behind, she reached over the other side and went to pull her free that way.... and the poor panicked cat completely savaged her hands.

My mum just looked at me (cos I had run up too after hearing the commotion) her mouth open, I looked at her standing there dripping blood and she said 'well that wasn't a good idea was it?'

We couldn't stop giggling after that and she refused to go for any stitches so I patched her up as best I could and then told her to go to the doctors for antibiotics the next day. She didn't :roll: but did a few days later when the bites got infected as cat bites invariably do.

Even now when we talk about it, the fits of giggles start again.

Oh wow, Grete: that wasn't really funny as your mum was hurt, but I can just picture it! Poor stout panicked cat stuck in the gate...
Happened to me once: my Siamese was in the back garden when a strange tom came in, and in a second they were in a real cat fight! In theory I know you break up a cat fight by throwing water on them or a blanket, but I made the mistake of grabbing my boy, and he thought he was being attacked from behind and bit the hell out of me! Had to go to the ER for stitches and a shot!!

My bruise isn't sore, just colorful! Poor Leia didn't mean it....

Grete
20-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Oh wow, Grete: that wasn't really funny as your mum was hurt, but I can just picture it! Poor stout panicked cat stuck in the gate...
Happened to me once: my Siamese was in the back garden when a strange tom came in, and in a second they were in a real cat fight! In theory I know you break up a cat fight by throwing water on them or a blanket, but I made the mistake of grabbing my boy, and he thought he was being attacked from behind and bit the hell out of me! Had to go to the ER for stitches and a shot!!

My bruise isn't sore, just colorful! Poor Leia didn't mean it....

Awww I know, poor Leia didn't have the sense to know you were trying to rescue her and just went on instinct. It's a good instinct in most cases, except when it's you trying to help ;)

I think it was mum's 'well that wasn't a good idea was it?' that set us off, it wasn't 'funny' in the slightest but just at that moment, the adrenaline and shock just hit us and we were crying with laughter. Even now remembering it a lot of years on I can't help giggling.

Treacle was fine anyway, she swore a lot from the bedroom at her loss of dignity but accepted some tuna as a peace offering ;)

dandysmom
20-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Grete, I just have to say I love your stories!!!! :D

Kay
21-11-2007, 11:13 PM
What a nasty looking bruise Eileen. That's what comes of having naughty torties (or torbies).

Grete
22-11-2007, 01:04 AM
Grete, I just have to say I love your stories!!!! :D

:oops: thanks lol, I witter a lot :oops:

How's your kitty kick bruise now?

dandysmom
22-11-2007, 02:58 AM
Not as colorful! It's fading fast.....:-D I had no idea my girlie could kick like that...:shock:

Grete
22-11-2007, 06:46 AM
Not as colorful! It's fading fast.....:-D I had no idea my girlie could kick like that...:shock:

Maybe she's part Kangaroo? ;)

dandysmom
22-11-2007, 04:41 PM
Maybe she's part Kangaroo? ;)

Lol, that's what Dawn said too .... :-D

Grete
22-11-2007, 07:45 PM
Oops sorry Dawn lol ok I'll change my comment to Maybe she's part mule ;)

dandysmom
22-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Lol, she can be as stubborn as one sometimes...can't they all!!!

Grete
23-11-2007, 07:21 AM
Hahah and there is one of the great truths about cats ;)

dandysmom
23-11-2007, 04:49 PM
Oh, amen!!! A cat's "won't" power is amazing !!!!! :-D