Kazz
17-11-2007, 09:17 PM
Well guess what we saw at the Supreme:-D

MrsH
17-11-2007, 09:19 PM
I guess "cats!"

Kazz
17-11-2007, 09:28 PM
Yeap you are right but actually a specific breed .....

smudgley
17-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Yeap you are right but actually a specific breed .....

a smudgley?:-D

Kazz
17-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Another right answer....however think a breed who one member has a soft spot for in their heart....

Soupie
17-11-2007, 09:36 PM
I don't seem to have made it out of the British Section all day - all morning watching judging, then 30 mins for late lunch, mad dash to see potential new kittie and then back for best of variety judging then not quite sure what I did with the rest of the afternoon ;)

Hope everyone had a good time :D

smudgley
17-11-2007, 09:39 PM
well I saw Kazz & Alex, but only briefly & I saw Borderdawn as she was leaving, but she didn't see me & I saw Mollie Green & Jenny Jones (Kazz will know who they are) Mollie is really nice.

dandysmom
17-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Kazz, did you see Puras!? :shock:

smudgley
17-11-2007, 09:44 PM

Yes, I do believe she did. ;)

dandysmom
17-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Did you also, Smudgley?

Kazz
17-11-2007, 09:57 PM

Yes, I do believe she did. ;)

Ah Ha a voice from across the pond.........:-D ...womdered where you were.

YES; THERE BE PURA'S THERE.:-D :-D :-D

Seriously Eileen we found the Pura stand. And we saw and touched an adult 5 year old Pura....called Kadir. I have to say they are smaller than I thought however he was solid.:-D
I could not get a picture as it seems I left my camera at home I did not take my bag....:cry: ...but forgot to take my camera.

However on the bright side Eileen I got you 2 Sinapura cat club newsletters. A window sticker/a catnip "catsized" pillow with Singapura cat club on it and a keyring again Signapura cat club on it. And two mice brought from their stand. Witnessed by Alex (leia) sized mice those little light ones she loves.... I will post the lot to you.

Have to say the Singapura's are lovely Eilleen we told them about you and your love of the breed and they were most interested.

Karen

Karen

dandysmom
17-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Oh how lovely, Kazz, and so thoughful of you to get those things for me! :D You shouldn't have, but I know I'll love them! Leia will appreciate the mice when she finishes exterminating the field mice that have moved in for the Winter apparently! She caught one yesterday and another one this afternoon! Seems it was mum, dad, the relatives and Uncle Tom Cobbley and all that have moved in! :shock:

Puras are a small breed, but very solid and heavy for their size; they look fragile with those big eyes, but are as tough as old boots!

Sounds as if a good time was had by all! :D

Kazz
17-11-2007, 10:17 PM
Not thoughtful Eileen Alex twisted my arm behind my back....:) but thats what the lady told us tough as old boots into everything and climbing onto your shoulders.

smudgley
17-11-2007, 10:31 PM
Did you also, Smudgley?

Yep. :cool:

dandysmom
17-11-2007, 10:56 PM
Not thoughtful Eileen Alex twisted my arm behind my back....:) but thats what the lady told us tough as old boots into everything and climbing onto your shoulders.

Not only climbing, jumping! Thank God Dandy was only 8 1/2 pounds. can you imagine if Leia were a back-jumper...:shock:. I'm so glad you got to see the Puras!

borderdawn
17-11-2007, 11:54 PM
I cant get my head round how much Cat people ADVERTISE!! You wouldnt dream of it at a Dog show, they dont half boast and shove it in yer face!:shock: Id be dead embarrassed!

Kazz
18-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Yes I kept saying that Dawn, everywhere we wentthere were pedigree's and info telling you how many show's certificates of what they had won what thy needed to become "champion" whatever. Pedigree's, pictures, certificates. The cages are done up...like castles etc....very very surreal.

Karen

borderdawn
18-11-2007, 11:07 AM
Yes I kept saying that Dawn, everywhere we wentthere were pedigree's and info telling you how many show's certificates of what they had won what thy needed to become "champion" whatever. Pedigree's, pictures, certificates. The cages are done up...like castles etc....very very surreal.

Karen
I mean saying "look I am so and so" isnt that a bit like saying to the handlers, tell the judge this Cat is...........?? Just seems totally wrong to me, Id never consider it, really OTT and in yer face!

alexgirl73
18-11-2007, 11:08 AM
The 'Pura was gorgeous Eileen. So fragile looking and sucha glossy coat. I can see why you love the breed! Karen and I had a lovely time yesterday walking round (and round and round lol), unfortunately I am now paying for it BIG time. I think I only got about an hour of sleep last night due to the pain. I did enjoy myself though.

Soupie
18-11-2007, 12:54 PM
:oops: I have to say I did a board for Quando but with him only being a provisional breed people seemed to like the fact I had done a board?

Lots of people stopped to read it and ask about the breed and the local breeder had done leaflets which I handed out so for us the publicity generated for our breed by boards was invaluable.

HOWEVER I only put 3 Intermediate Certificates up and corresponding rossies - I did rather think as on one board 22 Premier Certificates was excessive and showed they are unsporting by continuing to show in that class when attained the title instead of moving up?

For me this was Quando's bowing out of competitive showing under GCCF until the breed attains championship status to allow other cats to attain the ICs required.

The downside was that people felt the need to shove their faces to Q's pen to look at him and despite announcements asking people not to pet cats through the cages people kept sticking their fingers in :(

I think the Supreme should have ropes up like in museums beyond which only owners can go as all the announcements about being considerate to the cats seemed to go ignored :?

alexgirl73
18-11-2007, 02:12 PM
lol Sarah, those with hundreds of rosettes were a bit OTT weren't they. So glad I got to meet you and the gorgeous Quando yesterday. Beautiful boy!

As were Kays Kisses and Cory. Stunning kitties! Very lovely to meet you too yesterday Kay (even thought I am still trying to get my head round the genetics thing lol)

smudgley
18-11-2007, 02:29 PM
i looked for Cory & kisses, but had forgotten what pens Kazz had said they were in. :roll:

As for colour genetics, I gave up on that years ago, I've reaslied I just don't get it & I don't really need it either. :-D

Kazz
18-11-2007, 03:55 PM
:oops: I have to say I did a board for Quando but with him only being a provisional breed people seemed to like the fact I had done a board?

Lots of people stopped to read it and ask about the breed and the local breeder had done leaflets which I handed out so for us the publicity generated for our breed by boards was invaluable.

HOWEVER I only put 3 Intermediate Certificates up and corresponding rossies - I did rather think as on one board 22 Premier Certificates was excessive and showed they are unsporting by continuing to show in that class when attained the title instead of moving up?

For me this was Quando's bowing out of competitive showing under GCCF until the breed attains championship status to allow other cats to attain the ICs required.

The downside was that people felt the need to shove their faces to Q's pen to look at him and despite announcements asking people not to pet cats through the cages people kept sticking their fingers in :(

I think the Supreme should have ropes up like in museums beyond which only owners can go as all the announcements about being considerate to the cats seemed to go ignored :?

I agree with the rope idea totaly stop people touching the cages. And the idea of the board "informing about the breed" is great I mean me and Alex were totaly lost at some points and Alex had to read what breed we were looking at and we thought we knew. But were wrong on serveral occasions.:roll:

Your board was great Sarah and Quando is a gorgeous cat.

Kazz
18-11-2007, 03:57 PM
i looked for Cory & kisses, but had forgotten what pens Kazz had said they were in. :roll:

As for colour genetics, I gave up on that years ago, I've reaslied I just don't get it & I don't really need it either. :-D

You should have rung Alex and we could have refered to the oracle ie my envelope with info of cages on.

Cory and Kisses are stunning.

Kay
18-11-2007, 10:31 PM
Thanks Kazz.

It would have been lovely to see you Kelly but I didn't have any time to look around the stalls. Both Cory and Kisses were quite far apart and then I my friend had her colourpoint there who I bred and also the Colourpoint Cat Club stall. So I spent most of the day going backwards and forwards.
I had a look at Quando, Sarah, he is very stunning but unfortunately you weren't there. I did intend going back but you know what it is like.
It was lovely to meet Alex, Kazz, Charlie, Jac and of course Cellidah. Sorry I misse Erin, Elaine and Dawn.

dandysmom
18-11-2007, 10:44 PM
The 'Pura was gorgeous Eileen. So fragile looking and sucha glossy coat. I can see why you love the breed! Karen and I had a lovely time yesterday walking round (and round and round lol), unfortunately I am now paying for it BIG time. I think I only got about an hour of sleep last night due to the pain. I did enjoy myself though.

As said to Kazz, that is very deceptive; they are as tough as old boots! Although they can very cleverly play on that image: oh the sweet, wee little kitty...they are a smart breed,,:-D
Sorry to hear about the pain, and hope you're feeling much better today......