PDA

View Full Version : Went to the Supreme.........................

borderdawn
17-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Looked at all the beauiful cats, came home and saw the 6 most beautiful ones in the world! :) So I just ordered them this:

http://wwwdogsey.com/pics/1438249399_trixie_kratzbaum_maqu_1.jpg

dandysmom
17-11-2007, 08:59 PM
That's a nice looking one, Dawn, bet they'll love it!
Did you meet any of the Catsey crowd?

Kazz
17-11-2007, 09:00 PM
You could have told us you were there Dawn ......:)

smudgley
17-11-2007, 09:40 PM
I spotted you Dawn, but you didn't see me. :(

random
17-11-2007, 10:06 PM

You should have harrassed her! :-D

Lovely cat tree Dawn!

Fran
17-11-2007, 10:34 PM
That looks a super cat tree Dawn! :cool:

borderdawn
17-11-2007, 11:33 PM
You could have told us you were there Dawn ......:)
As I said in my text Kazz we didnt stay long, came away after a short while.

I saw Pura's too Eileen. :D

dandysmom
17-11-2007, 11:54 PM
What was your impression, Dawn? I'm terribly prejudiced, of course, as I had the most wonderful Pura in the world! If you like large cats (and I do, witness Leia!), you might not care for them, but they are super smart, exceptionally friendly people oriented cats!

borderdawn
18-11-2007, 12:07 AM
I did think they were small Eileen, but compact and solid little Cats. I loved the temperaments on the ones I had a good look at. I wouldnt choose one myself, but Id happily cuddle one all day. :)

smudgley
18-11-2007, 12:08 AM

did you see this Dawn

borderdawn
18-11-2007, 12:47 AM
OOOOOOO!! I didnt see you! Didnt stay long Smudgley, did you buy anything?

Grete
18-11-2007, 01:36 AM
Fantastic climbing/scratching tower, I was looking at those the other day - price was pretty good :)

ajs
18-11-2007, 08:37 AM
I went and had a lovely day. Really enjoyed seeing lots of beautiful cats.

Good job I went on my own as there was no room in the car for anyone else on the way back. :-D

Bought a massive climbing/scratching tower (still in the car as I will need help getting it out and it was too dark anyway when I got home) - not a brill price compared to the zooplus ones, but it was already in one piece so I don't have to worry about putting it together. Also bought 2 other smaller ones.

Bought zillions of toys, lots of bits and bobs from the CPL stalls and 2 litter trays - one of those rolling ones to try, although I fear it will turn out to be just a gimmick. I really wanted a litter quitter but didn't see one.
I also bought 2 new beds and a small roll of vetbed.

Oh and a couple of cards from one artist and a couple of stunning framed prints from another.

The food sacks and litter were too heavy for me to get to my car - I hope I didn't miss out too much by not getting them. (Pity they were not hiring out trolleys!)

Now all I need are my new furry friends!:D

smudgley
18-11-2007, 08:38 AM
OOOOOOO!! I didnt see you! Didnt stay long Smudgley, did you buy anything?

Only a couple of things from one of the CP stalls. I wasn't very impressed at all with the show to be honest. I wanted a RC rucksac but left it till the last thing, by which point they'd got none left! :roll: I think the lady on the stand was most put-out that I didn't actually buy a bag of RC once I knew there was no free bag coming wih it! :shock: I've never been to a cat show before & had only got crufts to compare it too as an idea of what it might be like. I knew it wouldn't be on that scale, but was quite disapointed at how small the show was & not many stands to go look around, although the cats were good. You were just leaving as I saw you. We were just going back in as you were coming out.

Grete
18-11-2007, 10:10 AM
Now all I need are my new furry friends!:D

Wow sounds like you are all set and then some! I had to cover my cats eyes as I was reading in case they got jealous :-D :lol:

Tinker
18-11-2007, 10:11 AM
Thanks for that link. I am looking for a big scratching post so if I don't get the one I've bid for on ebay I might get one from them.

alexgirl73
18-11-2007, 11:13 AM
I was disappointed compared to last years show. It seemed smaller and there weren't many freebies being given out lol. I dont think I'll go to next years, maybe give it a break for a few years and see if it omproves.

borderdawn
18-11-2007, 11:16 AM
Only a couple of things from one of the CP stalls. I wasn't very impressed at all with the show to be honest. I wanted a RC rucksac but left it till the last thing, by which point they'd got none left! :roll: I think the lady on the stand was most put-out that I didn't actually buy a bag of RC once I knew there was no free bag coming wih it! :shock: I've never been to a cat show before & had only got crufts to compare it too as an idea of what it might be like. I knew it wouldn't be on that scale, but was quite disapointed at how small the show was & not many stands to go look around, although the cats were good. You were just leaving as I saw you. We were just going back in as you were coming out.

Im pleased you said that Smudgely, I was very dissappointed but didnt want to say so! Thats why we left so soon, I was very bored very quickly. I dont remember it being so dull a few years ago when I went last. I coudnt stand the advertisments for breeders and their Cats, some of these people were so big headed Im surprised they got through the hall doors! :shock: Putting the names over the Cats cages, HATED that, stunk of cheating, although I appreciate it probably wasnt, just hated the whole "look at my Cat" thing. I DID like the pens people had created for the competition, a lot of work will have gone into some of those, but even so, some of those the poor Cats couldnt move in they were so full of everything NOT cat!;)

I also saw a couple of people taking "orders" for kittens, one woman writing down this and that and showing people pictures of kittens she had at home waiting for new owners. I expressed my distaste at this.:-D :roll: she didnt seeem to agree, but the person she was talking to did and said she would prefer to look at different breeders before making her decision :D DAMN it!! she lost her sale!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/dawnieb/mutley.gif

borderdawn
18-11-2007, 11:23 AM
Oh almost forgot, saw this yesterday, at the Supreme, is somebody not letting on...................?
Dawn.

http://wwwdogsey.com/pics/14002DSC00065.JPG

borderdawn
18-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Fran.
One Cat that did take my eye was a Bi-colour oriental, it may just have been the markings on this black and white cat, but it was very striking indeed.

smudgley
18-11-2007, 11:54 AM
I saw some beautiful cats there. The security seemed a bit naff as there were people coming in & out with cats & I didn't notice passes etc being shown for the cats, but maybe there was :? The cats were on the whole unsupervised in the pens, which I didn't like. I could have opened any of the pens & put one in my bag. :shock:

borderdawn
18-11-2007, 11:56 AM
I saw some beautiful cats there. The security seemed a bit naff as there were people coming in & out with cats & I didn't notice passes etc being shown for the cats, but maybe there was :? The cats were on the whole unsupervised in the pens, which I didn't like. I could have opened any of the pens & put one in my bag. :shock:
Do you know Kelly, when I took Rowan to the show the breeder had entered him in, I wanted to put a padlock on his pen! :-D :shock: I felt like you, anyone could of taken them.

Kazz
18-11-2007, 12:04 PM
I actually said that "God God there's no locks on the cages. Totaly floored me. If I showed I would set up permant guard outside the cage then follow the judge who took them out.