PDA

View Full Version : Max help yet again

kado
14-11-2007, 11:42 AM
Hi all. Max is a female and getting bigger around the belly. The problem with her at the moment is that she is visiting a neighbours house all the time with another cat from where she lives. There is another cat there and they get on as well but now she is leaking her nipples are getting bigger as well how long do you think the birth could be now. The owner of the house is at work all day and doesnt came back till realy late and has a garage with out a door on so i am afraid she will give birth there by herself. If she gives birth there should i leave her or take her home as i can stay with her so i know she will be ok. She still goes home but has something to eat and then goes back.

jane

Grete
14-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Hmmm I would start keeping her in Jane I think. I have no experience with kittening so I will leave that to the experts we have here :)

Jane
14-11-2007, 06:37 PM
I have no experience with pregnant cats/kittens either but surely it would be better to keep her inside all the time now? If you let her out there is a chance she could give birth pretty much anywhere..also, if there is problems she wont be near you.

Jac
14-11-2007, 07:29 PM
To be honest I would be keeping her in.

tilly
17-11-2007, 11:28 AM
I have to agree if possible I would keep her in.
sally

kado
18-11-2007, 11:36 AM
The trouble i have got is that she wont come home for me too keep her in. She goes to a neighbours house with oscar a cat from her home to play with max my friends cat and he has under floor heating. He is feeding her but if she gives birth there should i take her and the kittens back home and put her in a bedroom or should i leave her where she is. Max'xs owner is at work all day and i know he looks after her but i cant bear to think that she could give birth with out somebody there.

smudgley
18-11-2007, 12:31 PM
Who's cat are we talking about here?
Is it yours or the neighbours cat?
Is she definitely pregnant?
When is she due?
what's her history?
If the neighbour is feeding her, why is he & what is he giving her?

kado
18-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Its my friends cat who was a stray and he thought it was a boy. I am looking after his cats while he is on holiday.

She is defintely pregnant but i dont know her due date. She has started showing signs i think by leaking milk.

She found us on the 27th of august. She cried outside my flat and i couldnt take her in incase she had babies outside but she then found where she should be now.

The friend that is feeding her techincal and tuna and and has cat as well so she goes in through the cat flap. I think she follows another one of the cats from her household there. As his cat goes in and out he cant shut the cat flap it wouldnt be fair to him

All the cats above have been neuteured as well and max will be spayed as soon as she can be and there are good homes waiting already for the kittens.

The neighbour is ok with her been there and is a very good friend with the owner as well.

jane

smudgley
18-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Well I think someone needs to take responibility for the cat & provide her with the care & attention & nutrition that a pregnant lady needs.

She should be having several meals per day of premium quality food suitable for pregnant cats. The nutrition a cat receives during pregnancy is so imporant & has a reflection on the health & wellbeing of the kittens when they arrive.

I would decide where you want her to have the kittens & get an area sorted asap with a bed / box with some newspaper in it, in a quiter place where she won't be disturbed. If you don't she is likely to give birth anywhere, which could be under a bush somewhere & cats are excellent at hiding their kittens, so however much you try & follow her to the nest of babies, you might not even find them until they are a few weeks old. The kittens will need to be kept warm & safe which is why you need to get organised for her. She also needs time to get used to her birthing quaters. The kittens will need handling from a very young age which is why they need to be close by.

Hope that helps & do get her inside where she will be safe.

You'd be surprised how many cats (ones that have an established home) will go off somewhere to give birth, so a cat with new surroundings is more likely to.