PDA

View Full Version : Fran

babycakes
09-11-2007, 07:12 PM
How is Mildred? Any sign of ickle paws, noses and whiskers yet?

Fran
09-11-2007, 07:20 PM
:-D well!!!!!!..................................

Nope :roll: She's hiding at the moment under the vetbed and keeps looking at her tum as if to say what's going on, so I think things are progressing but no babies just yet :lol:

Mags
09-11-2007, 07:27 PM
Are you calm Fran?? ;):lol:

Fran
09-11-2007, 07:32 PM
Are you calm Fran?? ;):lol:

I'm always calm Mags ;) :-D

babycakes
09-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Awww Mildred is wondering what is happening in her tum. Do they usually go on their predicted date Fran?

Fran
09-11-2007, 07:53 PM
Awww Mildred is wondering what is happening in her tum. Do they usually go on their predicted date Fran?

From my experience they tend to be a little late rather than a little early but 65 days pregnant is considered the *norm* Mil is 65 days tomorrow from the first day she spent with her boyfriend

babycakes
09-11-2007, 07:56 PM
:lol: :lol:

Is this all usual behaviour then, hiding and looking at her tum and things? I've never had a birth in the house and I was curious you see

Fran
09-11-2007, 07:59 PM
:lol: :lol:

Is this all usual behaviour then, hiding and looking at her tum and things? I've never had a birth in the house and I was curious you see

Yes, it's normal as is digging and biting the bedding and a whole host of other quirks, it's also normal if they don't do these things. There are no hard and fast rules, each queen is different and each pregnancy can be different much like it can be with humans. Mil's behaviour is a positive sign that things are progressing. Her mum never gives any indication at all and just delivers them without warning, so I'm feeling lucky :-D

babycakes
09-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Wow it must be fascinting to watch. Would you ever video it?

Fran
09-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Wow it must be fascinting to watch. Would you ever video it?

I've never thought about videoing it tbh! All you'd probably hear is me sending out the orders to hubby to do/fetch whatever :lol:

Fran
09-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Actually, Siamese and Orientals are not always the most natural of mothers initially. I had to get all the kittens of both my litters out of their sacs, sever cords etc...It's not quite the textbook delivery you imagine...

babycakes
09-11-2007, 08:11 PM
That must feel more special though being hands on for your babies and grandbabies