PDA

View Full Version : This is what makes it all worthwhile

Fran
08-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Just received this icard from one of the owners of Ria's kittens. She must have seen the new arrivals on my website and sent me this lovely card via email :cool: Nori is the Seal boy who was the last to go if you remember? (I called him Eric whilst he was here :lol:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/chapelrose/iCards.jpg

dandysmom
08-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Oh how lovely of her! It does make it all worthwhile; so nice when they keep in touch like that!!!

Jac
08-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Aww thats lovely Fran.

Mags
08-11-2007, 09:30 PM
How nice of her Fran........I bet you were so pleased!:D

Fran
08-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Thanks all :D

Mags, yes I was so made up. I often get updates from all my puppies/kittens and do see quite a few of my pups too but the fact that she has taken time out to find out the kittens are here and then go to the trouble of sending me that lovely card and with an update of Nori too, it really did touch me :-)

Moli
08-11-2007, 09:36 PM
That is lovely PK..:D

Luke
08-11-2007, 10:55 PM
How lovely.
Whispers, could you pm me the link to your website please?:wink:

babycakes
08-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Such a lovely sentiment to have. And a precious picture of Eric too

yola
08-11-2007, 10:58 PM
Yes, me too please! I didn't know you had a website :oops:

That is a really thoughtful thing to do. How nice of her . . . now all you have to do is introduce her to Catsey . . . ;)

Fran
08-11-2007, 11:02 PM
Such a lovely sentiment to have. And a precious picture of Eric too

The piccie isn't Eric, I think it's just one of the standard ones available as an icard. Eric is a seal point Siamese :cool:

I'll pm you Luke and Yola..

babycakes
08-11-2007, 11:04 PM
The piccie isn't Eric, I think it's just one of the standard ones available as an icard. Eric is a seal point Siamese :cool:

I'll pm you Luke and Yola..

I thought I didn't recognise the kitty!!!!!!! Nice sentiment though

Grete
08-11-2007, 11:09 PM
Aww that was really sweet :)

random
08-11-2007, 11:51 PM
Oh how lovely!

Kiara's breeder never replies. :(

Fran
09-11-2007, 12:21 AM
Kiara's breeder never replies. :(

:( :( :( I just can't get my head around that at all :(

dandysmom
09-11-2007, 12:44 AM
I kept in touch with Dandy's breeder for all the years he was with me; several chatty phone calls every year and loads of pics! While I'd never actually met him, I was devastated to hear that he'd had a heart attack and died too early. He bred wonderful, healthy very well socialized kittens, like yours, Fran!

random
09-11-2007, 12:50 AM
:( :( :( I just can't get my head around that at all :(

I know Fran I chose a pretty big breeder on purpose as I 'thought' they would have more morals e.t.c.

I think i've just had pretty bad luck to be honest, the dogs breeders not much better either. I hear more from the owner of Maddy's sister than I do her breeder. :roll:

Kiara's breeder's site (when I was last on it some time ago now) now has a notice on it (AFTER I got Kiara mind) 'We always love to hear how any of our cats are doing in their new homes although we may not have time to reply'. Something like that! :roll:

Funny, they had a lot of time for me when I was enquiring for a £400 cat. I thought it amazing that they even offered to deliver her the 2 and half hour journey (I had to pay their petrol money of course).

Sorry Fran for hijacking, bit of a sore point! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Fran
09-11-2007, 08:21 AM
This is so sad, I cannot imagine not hearing/seeing how my babies are doing. I wouldn't dream of not replying to one of my kitten/puppy owners, it's lovely to get updates and if people take the time and trouble to contact me, then the very least they deserve is a reply and that goes for anything in life not just cats/dog. It's just plain common curtesy. My new owners don't just buy a kitten/puppy form me, they buy a lifelong commitment from me that I will be there for them at any time throughout that animal's life. A lot of my new owners have become much more than just owners, they are now dear friends :-) So too, have the breeders I bought Bliss, Mildred and Morse from we are frequently on the phone and I often see Mildred/Morse's breeder as we live quite close and often have a coffee and a catch up together and even thought she didn't breed Bliss, she has been intouch everyday since the kittens came to check mum and babies are well and when I was worried about Bliss last Sunday she offered to come over and take a look at her. This is what I expect of a good breeder and what my new owners can expect of me. I notice you said you paid £400 for Keira, that really is the top end price for a 'pet' Siamese kitten. Well it is up here, although 'down' south' the prices do tend to be somewhat higher as with everything.

Sorry this post is so long winded! This really winds me up, it is something I feel very passionately about :roll: