PDA

View Full Version : Should I.......Shouldnt I???

Erin
08-11-2007, 12:08 PM
Ok people Im thinking about having my hair cut short into a bob again :shock:
My hair is quite long at the moment but while I was looking for baby pics yesterday I found a pic of my from about 3 years ago when I had it bobbed,I have an appointment for next week at my hairdressers and think I want a change.
Heres how long my hair is now (well actually its a bit longer now,this was taken 2months ago)-

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/looby_loo83/wedding062.jpg

and this is what Im thinking of going back too -

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/looby_loo83/abcerin.jpg

what do you think??? Do you think my face looks fat when my hair is shorter and do you think it may be a bit drastick going that short straight away :?

Donna
08-11-2007, 12:09 PM
I say keep it longer!!

Erin
08-11-2007, 12:16 PM
I say keep it longer!!

Thanks Donna,any reason why ??? I just really fancy a change with my hair but dont really want to rush into something Ill hate.
I did like my hair when It was short but its the longest its been in years at the moment so Im really not sure how Ill feel about going so short :roll:

dinahsmum
08-11-2007, 12:17 PM
I prefer the bob .... all the young things look like pic 1 - be different!

Erin
08-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Thanks DM,I think the bob makes my hair look thicker,my hair is so fine and being longer just makes it look even finer.

Donna
08-11-2007, 12:20 PM
Thanks Donna,any reason why ??? I just really fancy a change with my hair but dont really want to rush into something Ill hate.
I did like my hair when It was short but its the longest its been in years at the moment so Im really not sure how Ill feel about going so short :roll:

I just think it looks nicer... you could try changing it with a bit of colour if you are getting bored... I had long hair and now due to a hairdresser error (she didnt listen to me) my hair is just touching my shoulders.... will take years to get it back to a reasonable length :roll:

Donna
08-11-2007, 12:21 PM
Thanks DM,I think the bob makes my hair look thicker,my hair is so fine and being longer just makes it look even finer.

Agree it does look thicker... maybe I was wrong!!! Just think I am not a bob fan due to my hair not suiting it and having nightmares with it myself, but if your hair is fine you wont have the problems I had :-D :-D

Erin
08-11-2007, 12:22 PM
I just think it looks nicer... you could try changing it with a bit of colour if you are getting bored... I had long hair and now due to a hairdresser error (she didnt listen to me) my hair is just touching my shoulders.... will take years to get it back to a reasonable length :roll:

Ive experimented with coulor and really like the blonde with the dark brown underneath and all the layers cut in,but because my hair is so fine the layers a pretty naff tp be honest :roll:

Fran
08-11-2007, 12:24 PM
I like it both ways Erin. I think the shorter cut makes you look older, so do you want to look older? or younger?

Erin
08-11-2007, 12:26 PM
I like it both ways Erin. I think the shorter cut makes you look older, so do you want to look older? or younger?

older is always good :lol: I was told by Elaine a few days ago that I look 12 :lol:

Donna
08-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Ive experimented with coulor and really like the blonde with the dark brown underneath and all the layers cut in,but because my hair is so fine the layers a pretty naff tp be honest :roll:

Oh to have fine hair ;) No one is happy with their lot are they :D

The blond colour does "thicken" it up so if you want to look like you have thicker hair then that works!

Erin
08-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Oh to have fine hair ;) No one is happy with their lot are they :D

The blond colour does "thicken" it up so if you want to look like you have thicker hair then that works!

:lol: no they arnt are they,I would just like it to be a little bit thicker,I brush it then 5 mins later it looks all straggely and like it needs a good brushing again.
Mine hair is too fine :lol:

Donna
08-11-2007, 12:31 PM
:lol: no they arnt are they,I would just like it to be a little bit thicker,I brush it then 5 mins later it looks all straggely and like it needs a good brushing again.
Mine hair is too fine :lol:

I will give you half of my hair as I have enough hair for about ten people :roll: :-D :-D :-D (which is a pain) :evil:

Erin
08-11-2007, 12:33 PM
I will give you half of my hair as I have enough hair for about ten people :roll: :-D :-D :-D (which is a pain) :evil:

awww and I would gladly take it Donna,your hair looks fab on you profile pic

Donna
08-11-2007, 12:35 PM
awww and I would gladly take it Donna,your hair looks fab on you profile pic

Thank you! Its rather much shorter at the moment tho which I do not like :cry: Am on another growing mission to get it back to how it was. My hair does grow quickly too so shouldnt take too long and have to think positive - cutting lots off has made it look healthier as it suffers from being very dry as it is so thick..... barbed wire springs to mind :roll:

Decided what to do with yours yet?? ;)

Erin
08-11-2007, 12:38 PM
No I havnt,I could go either way and keep it long or get it bobbed :roll: Ed wants me to keep it long but I just really dont know,someone decide for me :lol:

Donna
08-11-2007, 12:40 PM
No!!! The decision is yours!!!! Could you not go to a hairdresser just to discuss options??

Erin
08-11-2007, 12:42 PM
No!!! The decision is yours!!!! Could you not go to a hairdresser just to discuss options??

:lol: I thought you might say that :lol: never mind it was worth a try.
Yeah Ill talk with her when I go in next week but I know what she will say,she will say go for the bon,she was trying to get me to go shorter when I went last time.

Donna
08-11-2007, 12:43 PM
Let us know what you decide... and then post the new you pics!!

yola
08-11-2007, 01:12 PM
I personally, like longer hair. Yours looks very nice long, but I like the blonder colour of the 2nd pic. How about having it layered around your face a little shorter, having colours; not just a single, block colour but 2 or 3 colours woven in - this will make it look thicker, and keep the length at the back?

I have very fine hair, but it's layered a bit and shorter around the face and I have several colours through it. Most of the time it looks quite passable :roll:

Good luck with whatever you decide :D

Erin
08-11-2007, 01:15 PM
I personally, like longer hair. Yours looks very nice long, but I like the blonder colour of the 2nd pic. How about having it layered around your face a little shorter, having colours; not just a single, block colour but 2 or 3 colours woven in - this will make it look thicker, and keep the length at the back?

I have very fine hair, but it's layered a bit and shorter around the face and I have several colours through it. Most of the time it looks quite passable :roll:

Good luck with whatever you decide :D

I had 2 different shades of blonde and a brown put in last time Yola but it faded alot quicker than when I just had the blonde put in for some reason :?
Think Ill just have a word with my hairdresser and see what she says although I already know the answer :roll:
I may just go for the brown underneath and blonde on top and have it cut to just below shoulder length this time and then go shorter next time.

babycakes
08-11-2007, 01:33 PM
Hiya Erin

Both styles suit you. You do looker older with your hair bobbed and it appears thicker X

Erin
08-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Hiya Erin

Both styles suit you. You do looker older with your hair bobbed and it appears thicker X

Thanks BC I think im swaying towards the bob!!

Moli
08-11-2007, 03:47 PM
I like the bob Erin, its an easy style to keep too, I wear mine like that...

Erin
08-11-2007, 03:55 PM
I like the bob Erin, its an easy style to keep too, I wear mine like that...

Me too Moli,think im gonna just go for it !!

MrsErin
08-11-2007, 04:46 PM
you look gorgeous in both pics babe, but the 1st one is my favourite :)

Erin
08-11-2007, 05:36 PM
awww thanks babe

dandysmom
08-11-2007, 05:38 PM
I like the longer look also, but go for what you want! (I have very fine hair also, hate it!)

random
08-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Oh I think both look lovely but I prefer the bob and get some layers it will look smashing! :mrgreen:

Oh and pics!

Grete
08-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Hehe having been faced with this decision myself recently I know how hard it is to know what to do.

I went from waist length hair to just about collar bone length which was a bit drastic but it was totally the right decision for me. My hair is very fine too so was just flat all the time.

Looking at your face shape, a long bob would suit you - no drastic layers but enough to give it some body. And no, having shorter hair doesn't make your face look fat - You are blessed with cheekbones ;)

Have a chat with your hairdresser before hand - maybe look at some style books and look at some pictures of people with a similar shaped face - that would give you an idea what might suit you. Failing that and you are uncomfortable with going the whole way, then get it cut to half of what you think you want but are worried about.

Good luck anyway :) I know when I had mine done it was very liberating and it felt like my head was floating ;)

Jac
08-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Well you know what happened to me:roll: . I still hate it.
I would say dont go drastic. Yola's sugestion sounds good.
If you go short remember you will have to style it EVERY day, no just sticking it up.;)

EmmaG
08-11-2007, 10:24 PM
I would be tempted to go very short, a really quirky cut, you have a great face shape to take that off, if you want to. Otherwise I would keep it longer but change the colour.

Elaine
08-11-2007, 10:52 PM
When did I say you looked 12?:roll:
I like your hair longer but thats probably because i am really desperately trying to hang on to my youth by not cutting mine short:lol: :lol: :lol: Too late I fear but what the hell.
You'll look gorgous what ever you decide.

Erin
09-11-2007, 05:02 AM
I couldnt go to short em my ears stick out so i need a bit of length to try and cover them up :roll:

Awww thanks Elaine.
I cant remember the conversation exactly but it was the other day,i said something really dumb and said i shouldnt be 23 i should be 12 and you said something like you arnt you :lol: it was something like that anyway

Elaine
09-11-2007, 09:02 PM
My memory isnt what it was Erin:lol: thats an age thing:lol: very often my mouth engages before my brain too:lol:
Surprising really isnt it as I come across as being so damned intellegent dont I?:-D

Erin
09-11-2007, 09:05 PM
My memory isnt what it was Erin:lol: thats an age thing:lol: very often my mouth engages before my brain too:lol:
Surprising really isnt it as I come across as being so damned intellegent dont I?:-D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well thanks all,but I think Im 100% decided on the bob,and might even have some bright red streaks put in with the dark brown underneath,how cool would that look :lol:
Ill most likely change my mind and chicken out as she is about to start cutting my hair :roll:

Donna
09-11-2007, 10:17 PM
Good luck and post the piccies once you have had it done!