PDA

View Full Version : Tabs

random
06-11-2007, 08:45 PM
I've put this off and off but I think it's time now.

3 weeks ago we lost our beautiful Tabs aged 14. She was part feral and spent most of the day outside (weather permitting), but has never left the garden in 5 years. Always comes in for dinner and stays in for the night. 3 weeks ago today however, is the last time she was seen.

She was on 4 meals a day as was loosing a lot of weight recently, she was due in the vets on the Thursday for blood tests but went missing on the Tuesday so we are not sure as to what exactly was wrong with her. She's been unwell for a few years now with what was described to us as internal kitty hemarroids(sp?) which often had her on painkillers and antibiotics. She seemed happy enough in herself apart from her weight, I just wish I knew what has happened to her.

babycakes
06-11-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm sorry to hear this Random. I hope Tabs is ok and I have everything crossed that she returns home safe and well. :(
Big hugs to you while you wait ((((((((((((())))))))))))

Mags
06-11-2007, 09:34 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this about Tabs Random:( ...there is still a chance she will turn up. I take it you have done all the obvious checks around your area:?

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=19077

Fingers crossed she will one day come home to you ((((hugs)))) xx

Grete
07-11-2007, 01:23 AM
So sorry to read about Tabs :( I hope she is alive and well and will come home - could it be she was picked up by someone because she looked unwell?

Thinking of her and wishing her the best, wherever she may be.

Fran
07-11-2007, 08:16 AM
{{{Hugs}}} I have everything crossed that Tabs will still return x

yola
07-11-2007, 10:41 AM
Random, that must be such a worry for you. Please do all the local checks and do the posters etc! It could be that as Grete says, someone thought she was ill and took her to a vet.

However, we all know what the worst case scenario could be, and if she was unwell it could be that she's just gone off to find a quiet spot to be on her own :(

Either way, hugs and I hope you get some closure one way or another - preferably in thatTabs will come home!

dinahsmum
07-11-2007, 10:53 AM
It's a shame that she's been a typical cat and decided she'd rather be on her own. :( Your post seems to be accepting of the fact that she is gone. I am sorry for your loss and sorry that you don't really have certain closure. Try to content yourself with the fact that she went as she wanted, wasn't confined, didn't have people fussing etc. x

Erin
07-11-2007, 11:02 AM
so sorry Random ((((hugs))))

random
08-11-2007, 03:54 PM
We have done all the checks and rang everywhere, all the shelters and vets and posters and everything. I didn't want to give up hence why I didn't post 3 weeks ago, didn't want to tempt fate but as she was unwell, unless someone has picked her up but no one seems to knwo anything, so as bad as it may sound, I have kinda accepted she's gone.

I also found a clump of (what I think to have been) her hair round the back of our house, nothing gruesome, just looked like straight out of the furminator no blood or anything but a big clump so I really don't know if it is hers at all or what happened for it to get there.

The council have picked up 2 Tabby cats (dead) around the same time in our area, but not right near our house so if one was her she's went pretty far from home which is odd as I said, she hasn't left the garden in 5 years. Neither were wearing collars (or if they were it wasn't in the notes :roll:) but Tabs was wearing a collar so unless she lost it, I don't know. I guess one could have been her, they don't know the sexes of the cats. I don't know what to think but 3 weeks is an awful long time considering she hasn't been away from home in years.

Donna
08-11-2007, 06:04 PM
So sorry to hear this Random. I hope she does return home x

janey83
08-11-2007, 07:59 PM
Aww it must be awful for you. Just keep calm and hope she returnes safely!

Jac
08-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Aww Random I'm so sorry. Iv'e been in your position and it's not nice. The not knowing.
I hope Tabs come's back. ((((((((()))))))) Hugs

Kazz
08-11-2007, 09:44 PM
I am so sorry to read your post I really am they worry you when they are old but the not knowing would break me. Do you think she had another home (one you don't maybe know about, there again you would not know if she had one you did not know about ;) forget that its babble) but maybe they had the same idea and took her to the vets cats are creatures of many identities sometimes. Why not put posters up or ask at local vets...you may find her that way.

But you have shown her only love and that will always be with her, forever and always.

Karen

babycakes
08-11-2007, 11:00 PM
The fur you have found may indicate a fight Tabs has been in and feeling a bit sorry for herslef she may be nursing a wound somewhere which may lead her to take up residence with someone else. As she may fear returning only to be shooed away again( we have had older cats wonder in with no trace of owners). Shame seeing as there is a collar on Tabs though. You must be seriously stressed out ((((((())))))))hugs to you XXX

random
08-11-2007, 11:57 PM
I am so sorry to read your post I really am they worry you when they are old but the not knowing would break me. Do you think she had another home (one you don't maybe know about, there again you would not know if she had one you did not know about ;) forget that its babble) but maybe they had the same idea and took her to the vets cats are creatures of many identities sometimes. Why not put posters up or ask at local vets...you may find her that way.

But you have shown her only love and that will always be with her, forever and always.

Karen

Thanx kazz, we have had posters up for the last 3 weeks and have had posters in the vets and informed the vets too incase any cat matching her description comes in.

I don't think she did have another home Kazz as she only ever stayed in our house or teh garden, we have only been here 4 years just over and if ever you called her in she was straight there, never anywhere else just the house our our garden.

random
09-11-2007, 12:02 AM
The fur you have found may indicate a fight Tabs has been in and feeling a bit sorry for herslef she may be nursing a wound somewhere which may lead her to take up residence with someone else. As she may fear returning only to be shooed away again( we have had older cats wonder in with no trace of owners). Shame seeing as there is a collar on Tabs though. You must be seriously stressed out ((((((())))))))hugs to you XXX

Thank you bc. She was wearing a collar and tag but not chipped. She hasn;t lost a collar in years so I felt safe with that on her. Plus she never wandered.

Thank you Jac, it is the not knowing that is the worst, I think in convicing myself she's gone is just my way of coping, I can't handle the not knowing very well.

Fran
09-11-2007, 12:29 AM
{{{Hugs}}} x

Kay
10-11-2007, 10:50 PM
Thinking of you in this difficult time. I really hope she does turn up. {{{Hugs}}}

dandysmom
10-11-2007, 11:40 PM
I''m so sorry, Random. It's the not knowing that's so hurtful. :( The ginger tom I grew up with did that, just never came home one day, he was 17. Never had any closure...(((hugs))

random
10-11-2007, 11:51 PM
Thanx everyone.

Thanx DM it is definately the not knowing, I just keep thinking up scenarios of what might have happened to her. The exact same thing happened with my first cat Tom, he was a Tabby too, although I was only very young at the time I still remember it vividly when he went missing. Still no closure. :(