PDA

View Full Version : My House Is Starting To Smell

freckles
06-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Hi All

I wonder if anyone can help me. I have recently taken on my brothers cats, as he is in the process of moving.

Laurel & Hardy came from a litter that one of my own cats had, so i kept two of the kittens and my brother had the other two.

However, i am having a big problem with Hardy as she is peeing in the bath & downstairs in the hall. When they first came to me they settled in well used the cat tray without any problems.

When living with my brother she also did the same, she would pee in his lounge, but not as much as she is doing here, however they used to stay outside a lot more than they do now.

My cats have the choice to go out or stay in, day or night.

If i leave the bathroom door open she will pee in the bath, she does it in the hall by the shoes. I am now starting to get fed up with washing the carpet & the shoes & slippers all of the time. Plus i am embarressed at the smell it is causing.

Laurel the other cat is fine she will go out & do her business no problem. Hardy does go out, but also likes to sleep a lot. I have a litter tray in the kitchen for them, but Hardy will not use it.

Has anyone got any ideas why she is doing this or how i can stop it? (i have thought about putting the litter tray in the hall where she is peeing)

They have been with me now for about 5 months and will be staying with me, as my nephews like to be a bit rough with them.

Many thanks

Freckles

yola
06-11-2007, 10:30 PM
Hi Freckles. Sorry you're experiencing this :( Initial thoughts would be a cat that is stressed by being in a different environment with different smells and is trying to make it smell of herself.

Destressers such as Bachs Rescue Remedy in water and a Felliway plug-in + spray is a starting point. Lots of litter trays in places that she pees is something else to try. Are you using the same litter that she's used to?

Others here have had this problem in the past, I'm sure they'll be along with advice soon!