PDA

View Full Version : Good News At Last

Jac
06-11-2007, 10:58 AM
Well as you know I went for my steroid injections yesterday.
To begin with the Doctor was just going to do one side of my spine but when he got the pictures up with the x-ray machine he asked if I wanted to go for both sides. I bit the bullet and said ok go for it.
I was told I would probably be very sore and stiff to day as he had stirred things up.
I'M FEELING GREAT!!! the injections have worked!!!! I'm so pleased. The only thing is at the base of my spine just at the top of my bum I have two puncture wounds and nasty bruising but I don't care. This is the first time in nearly 7 years I have managed to dress, put socks on and shoes without pain, no having to stop half way to get a rest. I'm over the moon!!!!!!
The pain of the injections was well worth the result!:-D

yola
06-11-2007, 11:01 AM
Oh, I'm (I@m) so delighted for you Jac! Living with constant pain must be dreadful :( You'll soon be chasing Ceilidh around the park; they'll be no stopping you!!

How long does the pain relief from the injections last?

Jac
06-11-2007, 11:12 AM
From what I can gather Yola it's varied. From weeks to months depending on the individual. A good outcome would be about 6 months.
I honestly feel like a new person. It's great. I wish I had been given them years ago.
I'm going back to the pain clinic in 6 weeks so I'll find out more then.

Fran
06-11-2007, 11:15 AM
Oh Jac, this is brilliant news :D I am so pleased for you x

Jac
06-11-2007, 11:20 AM
To be honest, I didn't really know what to expect. He told me all the things that could go wrong:roll: Then said it could take three or four days to settle down. Yet today I feel great (exept my bum:oops: ) If Bootsey was here I would give it a go!!! That's how good I feel. Just to be able to make a coffee without hurting is fantastic!! I really dont know how to describe it. Even my mood has lifted so much.

Grete
06-11-2007, 12:42 PM
That is EXCELLENT Jac, I am so pleased for you :)

Just a cautionary note, don't go mad with doing things and still take it easy ;) I know how it is tho to go from being in chronic pain all the time to suddenly none. It's liberating ;)

Erin
06-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Oh Jac thats fantastic news,and fab at how quick they have worked :D I thought you would have been really sore for a few days.I so pleased for you mate :D

Mags
06-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Excellent news Jac, I'm pleased for you..:D

dinahsmum
06-11-2007, 01:30 PM
Great news - I'm realy pleased to hear it. Keep it up! :)

dandysmom
06-11-2007, 05:31 PM
I'm so happy to hear the news, Jac! Made my day!!

babycakes
06-11-2007, 05:33 PM
That's excellent news Jac you must be so relieved.

Jac
06-11-2007, 05:49 PM
Awww thanks all. I'm still getting used to this, it's great:D . The initial pain of the injections was well worth it. Bring on tomorrow:lol:

MrsH
06-11-2007, 06:49 PM
Great news, I'm glad the injections are having such a positive effect. Be careful not to overexert yourself though.

MrsErin
06-11-2007, 08:00 PM
Im pleased for you Jac, and i know how the injections can be, my Mom suffers from Gout in her elbow/pelvis (for those not in the know, Gout is crysalisation of blood on the joints due to too much uric acid in the body). I went with her once to have cortisone injected into her elbow, and it hurts, so well done and all my love being a brave girl :) Well done mate!

Eddy x