PDA

View Full Version : Help mobile phone genius needed

Kazz
02-11-2007, 11:20 AM
Can anyone help, my Mom (late 70's) has a mobile phone a PAYG Sagem. And somehow, Mom doesn't know whats happened all it is doing is saying Emergency Call Only - she says she topped up with credit and then thought no one is ringing when she looked it says Emergency Call Only

Any idea how to release it?

Thanks in advance Karen

MrsErin
02-11-2007, 11:27 AM
If you remove the battery from the back, then take the SIM card out, then replace the battery, turn the phone on, leave it for a few seconds, then remove the battery, replace the SIM, replace the battery and turn it on, it *SHOULD* solve the problem, if not, give the SIM contacts both on the phone and the card a soft wipe down with a soft, DRY cloth, replace and try it again.

If those ideas fail, then id contact the supplier :(

Kazz
02-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Ah Ha A Mobile phone genius in our midst I bow too your knowledge will try that and let you know....Ta :)

MrsErin
02-11-2007, 11:30 AM
Not quite a genius, just a nerd! :P but yeah try it, and let me know how you get on.

Kazz
02-11-2007, 11:31 AM
If you remove the battery from the back, then take the SIM card out, then replace the battery, turn the phone on, leave it for a few seconds, then remove the battery, replace the SIM, replace the battery and turn it on, it *SHOULD* solve the problem, if not, give the SIM contacts both on the phone and the card a soft wipe down with a soft, DRY cloth, replace and try it again.

If those ideas fail, then id contact the supplier :(

Okay total idiot here do I turn the phone off first before removing battery etc. Or remove items with phone switched on?????

MrsErin
02-11-2007, 11:34 AM
It doesnt really make that much of a difference, its like removing a plug without switching it off, once the battery is out the SIM is ok to come out (it cant be removed without taking the battery out) But, in good professional manner, please turn the phone off before removing the battery.

Jac
02-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Not quite a genius, just a nerd! :P

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044 Couldn't resist!!

MrsErin
02-11-2007, 11:48 AM
Remeber its us nerds who keep your PC's running well, and give you the internet ;)

Jac
02-11-2007, 11:53 AM
Yeh and we thank you but you left yourself wide open for that one:lol:

Kazz
02-11-2007, 02:44 PM
Well I think you are a genius you at least had a suggestion. :)

dandysmom
02-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Has it worked, Kazz? And all hail to the nerds; I'd be lost without them to answer my dumb questions!

Kazz
02-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Nope not worked sadly have to return it to the phone hospital. :( But I think it was excellent advice.

smudgley
02-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Kazz - Does she ever use it? (If she's like my mother, she probably doesn't) ;)
If she hasn't used it for ages, even if there's credit on the phone, you may find the credit is no longer there & she may need to put some on.......or worse still if it's been a realy long time since she used it, they may have discontinued her number.