PDA

View Full Version : Strange...

Jane
30-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Hey :)

Unfortunately on our allotments it's not uncommon for vandalism etc. and people coming on to steal things but something strange happened over night/this morning.

My dad visited this morning and someone has took some of our leeks and peppers :? It's not the normal "let's rip these out of the ground just to annoy the person" they have cut the peppers off the plant and cut the leeks off and also trimmed the leaves :? (also, annoying they have walked all over the onions and garlic! :evil:).

Maybe it's just us but we find this really strange? It's presumably an adult (well, maybe not but we assume) but if it was anyone on the allotment they would ask not cut a whole in some brambles, climb over and take them whilst standing on everything :?

The only person we think/assume it might be is an old man with the allotment next door to ours - there is a little fence and some brambles between ours and his allotment and there is a big hole cut in it...then again, that could have been anyone but he is rather strange, probably wouldn't ask and hasn't got anything growing himself.

Just thought I'd share this, anyone shed some light on the mystery? :lol:

Jane

dandysmom
30-10-2007, 10:38 PM
How very annoying! I can see cutting off the peppers if they were ripe, but why on earth cut off the tops of the leeks? And trample on the garlic and onions? Doesn't make much sense .......

Mags
30-10-2007, 11:03 PM
How strange Jane..:? It was obviously someone who has no respect for other people's property and hard work..:mad:

Fran
30-10-2007, 11:26 PM
I'd be livied Jane! and I'd probably camp out in the hope of catching the culprit :roll:

Jane
31-10-2007, 11:42 AM
It's really strange I know :? It's kind of like it was someone who knows us because they went in through the side..we have a fence and gate on the front which is alarmed (if the gate is opened/greenhouse door is opened) the alarm goes off and it rings me dads mobile. We purposely don't put a lock on it because most people would just open the gate. Then again, if they knew us well enough to know we had an alarm then they would just ask for the stuff...soo, it probably wasn't anyone we know. Ahhh I dunno lol so strange.

I'd be livied Jane! and I'd probably camp out in the hope of catching the culprit :roll:

lol I wish :lol: Hate going on there in the dark it's spooky lol.

Kay
02-11-2007, 12:31 AM
Could be Aliens :roll:. The next step up from crop circles :lol:. You never know.

dandysmom
02-11-2007, 02:30 AM
Lol, good one, Kay!!