PDA

View Full Version : Worming

Erin
30-10-2007, 07:57 PM
Can I crumble the worming tablet over their food :? My little angels have wasted 4 tablets today :roll:
I tried worming Jerry first and he just kept spitting it out,so in the end I broke the tablet up in to quarters and put in in their food but non of them have eaten it :roll:

Fran
30-10-2007, 08:00 PM
I should imagine it will be fine to crumble it over their food Erin but they might not eat the food :? Have you tried the panacur favourites which taste like treats? Or you might find Panacur paste easier??

Erin
30-10-2007, 08:04 PM
I should imagine it will be fine to crumble it over their food Erin but they might not eat the food :? Have you tried the panacur favourites which taste like treats? Or you might find Panacur paste easier??

They run off spitting the paste all over the place Fran,last time I did Milo and Tink with the paste I was following them wiping it up,most of it ended up on the floor :lol:
I tried Jerry on the panacur favourites once and he just looked at me as if to say you must be joking :roll: I havnt tried them with the babies though,may be worth a try.
My vets have that new spot on stuff but its so expensive!!!!! I suppose it wouldnt be that bad if I just have to get it for Jerry if the kittens would take the panacur favourites,im babbleing now arnt I :roll:

Fran
30-10-2007, 08:07 PM
Isn't there a 'spot on' wormer now Erin?

Erin
30-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Isn't there a 'spot on' wormer now Erin?

yeah thats what I meant Fran,its really expensive but it wouldnt be to bad getting it for just jerry if the kittens will take the Panacur Favourites,ill try them with them.

dandysmom
30-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Erin, as you and everyone here probably know, I cannot pill a cat...:oops:...their "won't" power is much greater than my will power; and they would eat around it in food. If you can find the liquid liver-flavored wormer there, try that! Works for me! And not pricy, either.

Mags
30-10-2007, 09:27 PM
Panacur Favourites appear to suit Cassie best, she will eat them out of my hand, also if they're crumbled into her food..:D

Elaine
30-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Erin if you want to wait a few weeks I will worm them with you if you like? I reckon if I can worm the Diva, I can worm most kitties, not ferals though:lol: :lol: :lol:

dandysmom
30-10-2007, 10:22 PM
If you can worm the Diva,Elaine, you could probably worm anything!!!!Even Leia!

Fran
30-10-2007, 10:27 PM
If you can worm Sylvester, you can worm anything and I mean anything!!

dandysmom
30-10-2007, 10:29 PM
Fran, I gather Sylvester is a bit, shall I say reluctant, to taking a pill?:-D

Fran
30-10-2007, 10:44 PM
Fran, I gather Sylvester is a bit, shall I say reluctant, to taking a pill?:-D

Shall we just say that Sylvester is a little how shall we put it?.... 'keen' with everyone and everything :shock: :roll: But he still gets wormed every three months along with everyone else ;)

dandysmom
30-10-2007, 10:49 PM
Shall we just say that Sylvester is a little how shall we put it?.... 'keen' with everyone and everything :shock: :roll: But he still gets wormed every three months along with everyone else ;)

:-D You are a brave woman, Fran!!

Elaine
30-10-2007, 10:58 PM

Keen? Thats a very nice way of putting things:lol: The Diva is just well the Diva, thats all I can say about her with out using foul language:lol:

Fran
30-10-2007, 11:20 PM
:-D You are a brave woman, Fran!!

He may frighten the pants off everyone else but he doesn't frighten me and he knows that! ;)

Amber
31-10-2007, 10:59 AM
Amber gets a Drontal tablet shoved down her throat using a pill popper and avoids me like the plague for the following day :-D

Have you tried using a pill popper? They are fairly easy to use and allow you to get the tablet to the back of the throat without getting your fingers bitten off :lol:

Jane
31-10-2007, 11:35 AM
Patch and Meow both have Panucar Favourites and take them with no problems ;) Patch eats it like a treat and Meow eat it off her food.

Kay
31-10-2007, 07:51 PM
Why not try Panacur Liquid instead of the paste. That is what I wormer all my cats and all the kittens with and never have a problem with it. Even bossy Tilly takes it that way. It is worth a try.