PDA

View Full Version : I could quite happily not have cats sometimes..

Luke
29-10-2007, 11:02 PM
..especially when in the space of one day you've had the corpse's of six mice and a wood pigeon to dispose of.
Both the girls have been out all day making the most of the sunshine, i think my life would be so much easier with house cats:roll:

Kay
29-10-2007, 11:03 PM
Now you know that you don't mean that Luke ;) ;) . Whats a few mice and birds amongst friends :roll:

sarahd
29-10-2007, 11:20 PM
Its because they love you so much that you have all these wonderful pressies to dispose of lol

Grete
30-10-2007, 09:08 AM
..especially when in the space of one day you've had the corpse's of six mice and a wood pigeon to dispose of.
Both the girls have been out all day making the most of the sunshine, i think my life would be so much easier with house cats:roll:

Lol I am with you there Luke! I get birds, mice and frogs :shock:

I have to say tho, I am impressed with the wood pigeon - they aren't small!

CathyW
30-10-2007, 10:22 AM
when we first lived here my 2 went on a killing spree. i was keeping a tally in the end. was getting too much in the end.
one bird they killed i wasnt happy about, they killed a robin. dare not tell the neighbours they are all bird nuts around here.
now if i can train my 2 to attack the nasty neighbour id be very happy.

random
30-10-2007, 01:30 PM
At least you are getting the full corpse. Tucker has a thing lately about bringing in random innards. :|

Luke
30-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Lol I am with you there Luke! I get birds, mice and frogs :shock:

I have to say tho, I am impressed with the wood pigeon - they aren't small!
Oh i wish it was just that, we get everything really
Mice, rats, toads, frogs, shrew type things, rabbits, pigeons, every bird imagineable including ducklings sometimes:shock:, the odd squirrel, occasionally bats, and that makes the usual row of hunting trophys my darling moggies choose to bestow to us.

charliebubs
30-10-2007, 02:55 PM
I never get anything!!! :) The joy of having an enclosed garden.

When an injured bird found its way into my garden the cats had no idea what to do with it :roll: They watched it and batted at it with their paws, but really didn't have a clue. I tried to save the bird and lifted it up high so that it could fly away, but it must have had an injury and plummeted straight back into the garden :roll:

Poor bird. The cats didn't kill it - but I think the shock did :(

Rosie
30-10-2007, 03:33 PM
That is why I could never have a house cat. The pure pleasure they get from hunting and triumphantly bringing home their catch. I just think that's what cats were born for. Now shoot me:lol:

dandysmom
30-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Oh i wish it was just that, we get everything really
Mice, rats, toads, frogs, shrew type things, rabbits, pigeons, every bird imagineable including ducklings sometimes:shock:, the odd squirrel, occasionally bats, and that makes the usual row of hunting trophys my darling moggies choose to bestow to us.

Luke, may I please, please borrow the squirrel killer??? :-D

TraceyR
30-10-2007, 06:19 PM
hehe see my post on the cat bib thread! I am so with you there

Luke
31-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Luke, may I please, please borrow the squirrel killer??? :-D
I'm not sure which girly it is tbh..i've never seen them actually kill one, just had to clear it up from the backdoor.
Only had four this year mind..

Jane
31-10-2007, 12:17 PM
Does anyone else get live ones brought into the house?? :roll:

Grete
31-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Sadly yes :( I don't know if it's because she's not hungry, has already snacked outside or is bringing a trophy or snack to her 'mum' but we get live Mice and birds *shudder*.

After we found a very rotting mouse under the sofa a year or so ago, we instigated mouse check when Bubbles comes in ;) Fizz is going to be a hunter as well *sigh* lol but she still has a week before her final set of jabs so she is IN for the moment :)

dandysmom
31-10-2007, 09:15 PM
I stepped on a mummified mouse in the dining room once . ick!! Apparently Leia had stashed it away somewhere: I knew she'd killed it but never could find it......till then!! Apparently she got it out of her hidey spot...
I was not a happy camper...:-D

Socks
02-11-2007, 08:46 PM
Be happy ;) Atleast you don't get ducks. Garfeild brought home a wild goose the other day -___-;;

dandysmom
02-11-2007, 09:27 PM
In roasting condition??? :-D