PDA

View Full Version : Ouuuccchhh! Broke My Toe!

Amber
28-10-2007, 10:41 PM
I'm not having a good weekend! Max nearly getting hit by a car and I got my wing mirror snapped off, I've now gone and broken my little toe :(

I caught it on the corner of a wall when I was in the kitchen, and heard it go crack! sat down on the sofa and within 45 minutes it's swollen up and turned purple! :shock: God know's how I'm going to drive to work tomorrow with 1 wing mirror and a dodgy toe :roll: at least it's on the same leg as my bad knee otherwise I'd have two bad legs lol

Mags
28-10-2007, 10:51 PM
Ouch!!! You must be accident prone, Hayley!!:roll::lol:

How on earth do they treat a broken little toe ....... they can't very well put it in plaster, can they? I really hope it start to feel less painful for you very soon ......
((((hugs))))

Amber
28-10-2007, 10:52 PM
Ouch!!! You must be accident prone, Hayley!!:roll::lol:

How on earth do they treat a broken little toe ....... they can't very well put it in plaster, can they? I really hope it start to feel less painful for you very soon ......
((((hugs))))

I asked OH if I could go to the hospital and get it plastered and he laughed at me :oops: wonder why!

dandysmom
28-10-2007, 10:52 PM
Oh, ouch! That's so painful; and there's nothing much they can do with a little toe; can't splint it! Grit your teeth, take a painkiller and drive carefully tomorrow; (((hugs))) !

Mags
28-10-2007, 10:54 PM
Oh, ouch! That's so painful; and there's nothing much they can do with a little toe; can't splint it! Grit your teeth, take a painkiller and drive carefully tomorrow; (((hugs))) !
I wonder if they could use lollipop sticks??? :-D

Kay
28-10-2007, 10:54 PM
You aren't having a very good run off luck are you. Hope the toe eases quickly. I don't think they do anything for broken toes anymore. They just let them heal on their own.

I lost my wing mirror the other week as well. Took the car through the car wash and it washed it right off. I wasn't amused as I had only had the car 2 days.

dandysmom
28-10-2007, 11:03 PM
It's amazing what they don't do anything for any more, isn't it? Broke a rib quite a few years back when I was working for the doctors, and they said they wouldn't tape it, just let it heal by itself!!! Hurt like the devil, too....

Amber
28-10-2007, 11:04 PM
Maybe I should wrap myself in bubble wrap and stay in bed from now on :lol:

*wanders off to find some lollipop sticks to splint her toe!*

MrsH
28-10-2007, 11:19 PM
Rotten time you're having lately :(
I'd recommend a good stiff gin if it weren't for the painkillers! Sit still and do nothing....... get waited on!

dandysmom
28-10-2007, 11:33 PM
MrsH. I relied more on the good stiff gin than the painkillers with my rib.......:-D

Jac
28-10-2007, 11:44 PM
That sounds like me Amber. Good luck with the driving tomorrow. :D