PDA

View Full Version : Ruby - Labrador Retriever

Fran
28-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Ruby's now 14 months old. She has had her hips and elbows scored by the BVA. Elbows 0/0 which is the best score you can get, hips 3/3 (combined score 6) which is a very low score, the breed average for hips for Labs at the minute combined is 15 so as you can imagine we are absolutely made up. We have just enrolled Ruby on the Kennel Club good citizen awards for the bronze, silver and gold awards. I have decided to do a few basic 'puppy class' lessons first and she is flying high bless her...here's a piccie of her..

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/chapelrose/Ruub0001.jpg

Jac
28-10-2007, 06:19 PM
She's lovely Fran. Are you going to breed her that you have had all that done?

Jane
28-10-2007, 06:20 PM
Yay that's great news :D

She's gorgeous :)

Fran
28-10-2007, 06:23 PM
She's lovely Fran. Are you going to breed her that you have had all that done?

Most probably Jac, I want to get the Kennel Club certificates under her belt and get her BVA eye test done and see what her Optigen status is and then if all is well I should imagine we might consider a litter from her when she has turned 2...

Erin
28-10-2007, 06:24 PM
she absolutely gorgeous Fran :D

Jac
28-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Congratulations!!!!

Moli
28-10-2007, 06:32 PM
She has a lovely gentle face, very calm, bet she is a good girl too...:)

Fran
28-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Congratulations!!!!

Thanks Jac, she is our first generation, the first one we have bred that we have kept, so she is quite special to us. She really is a super little girl (not that we are biased or anything :roll: ) breed standard wise she is much better than her mum and it is hoped that we will do some agility or working trials training with her in the future. Might even do a bit of local showing with her, the classes where we are doing the Kennel club awards also do ringcraft training, so I am thinking of having a little delve into that too..

Fran
28-10-2007, 06:38 PM
Here's her mum - Maddie..

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/chapelrose/MaddieTikkaJul06020.jpg

Fran
28-10-2007, 06:46 PM
She has a lovely gentle face, very calm, bet she is a good girl too...:)

She is a very good girl indeed, she has been a joy to have as a puppy and I think we have been spoilt, doubt it will be so easy next time!!! She is definitely not your stereotypical looney chocolate lab :roll: Very sensible girl, mature for her age, who loves her training, picks things up very quickly and is very eager to please. She is very much 'my dog' which is lovely for me as Maddie is a daddy's girl ;)

Mags
28-10-2007, 07:06 PM
She's gorgeous Fran .......I can still remember her and her brothers and sisters as beautiful "podgy" pups!:lol:

I wish you every success with her!:D

borderdawn
28-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Lovely photo Fran. I think (and I hope you dont mind me saying) her head is much better than her mothers, but Maddie has EXCELLENT eye colour!

Best of luck with all the activities.
Dawn.

Kim
28-10-2007, 07:25 PM
She is beautiful Fran. Good scores too, excellent!

Kay
28-10-2007, 07:27 PM
They are both gorgeous in their own right. Congratulations on the elbow and hip scores I know how nervous you were. They are excellent. You should be mega proud that you bred such a beautiful, intelligent well mannered girl. Give them both a hug from Auntie Kay until I see them again.

Fran
28-10-2007, 07:27 PM
Lovely photo Fran. I think (and I hope you dont mind me saying) her head is much better than her mothers, but Maddie has EXCELLENT eye colour!

Best of luck with all the activities.
Dawn.

Thanks Dawn, her head is very much better than her mum's, she has a lot of other points that are better than her mum's too but she'll never have her mum's 'presence' and yes Maddie does have exceptional eye colour for a choccie. A Maddie X black lab mating will be very interesting, as this will be Maddie's last litter, I am hoping there will be something very special in there ;)

Kay
28-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Fingers crossed for that mating.

Fran
28-10-2007, 07:29 PM
She is beautiful Fran. Good scores too, excellent!

Thanks Kim!

They are both gorgeous in their own right. Congratulations on the elbow and hip scores I know how nervous you were. They are excellent. You should be mega proud that you bred such a beautiful, intelligent well mannered girl. Give them both a hug from Auntie Kay until I see them again.

Awww, thanks Kay and yes I will give them a big hug from you :cool:

Grete
28-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Oh wow what gorgeous dogs! Both are stunning and have really gentle, kind features.

charliebubs
28-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Both lovely girlies and lovely in the flesh too!!! :)

Give them a hug from me too. I hope to visit them again soon..........when the stork has been to Bliss and Mildred too ;)