PDA

View Full Version : Toys

Jane
28-10-2007, 03:59 PM
What toys do your kitties love?

Patch doesn't seem to play with many of his toys anymore but he has a red plastic ball which he loves..I think he likes it because it's really light, no idea where it came from otherwise would get him a few more.

What do your kitties enjoy?

Janeeee

Jac
28-10-2007, 04:01 PM
Caspurr seem's to enjoy Potato's at the moment. Abi likes bottle tops.
They have loads of toys but they seem to enjoy the things they shouldn't play with:-D

Jane
28-10-2007, 04:03 PM
lol so true! Patch loves playing with straws, cable ties and clothes pegs too :lol:

dandysmom
28-10-2007, 04:14 PM
Too true, they really like strange things! Right now Leia is having a lot of fun with her tunnel; she still plays with her mice from time to time, but has gotten bored with the kitty tease toy and her various balls. Truthfully, she seems to prefer a cardboard box or paper bag .......

Mags
28-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Cassie has a carrot on a stick, plastic balls, furry balls, ping-pong balls, small catnip sacks, numerous furry mice including one special old one which has no filling .... she always takes that one to bed with her and it also goes with her to the Cattery. :D Then she has a laser beam mouse (thanks to Emm;)) and finally her tunnel ...... both of which appear to be her toys of the moment! :-D

Jane
28-10-2007, 04:17 PM
We wanted to get a laser thingy for Patch - we had one before but something happened to it..havn't been able to find another for ages though..any ideas where we can get one from?

Donna
28-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Feathers and strings are the favourites - plus Chloe loves a ping pong ball and elastic bands, Misty plays with imaginary toys - pouncing on things that arnt even there!

Kay
28-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Mine love ping pong balls, mice and feathers but most of all they love crisp packets folded up and tied in a knot like a bow. They go beserk for them and even sit waiting for you to have finished your crisps.

Tate's favourite toy is a metal extendable tape measure :roll:. And Angel loves to pounce on all the knots in the laminate floor :roll:. Bless them they aren't all there ;).

Fran
28-10-2007, 07:00 PM
All sorts of toys here! The kitty-go-krazy is a hit with the mogs but not the Meezers who are frightened by it :roll: They love the crinkle tunnel and the catnip mouse but I think their ultimate fav are the pipecleaner spiders and Em's hair bobbles :D

Those laser pens Jane, I have seen them at cat shows, have you tried ebay??

Elaine
28-10-2007, 07:03 PM
Eva and Bernie love their laser mouse which I bought from Zooplus.
Bernie is a big carboard box kinda kitty while Eva loves to play with the ring pull from milk cartons.
Currently their best toys are Da Bird and the Wiggly Waggler.
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=23&osCsid=0596523fc65187094fa4df80133fd154

Kazz
28-10-2007, 07:08 PM
Oz used to adore a newspaper tunnel. And Cleo liked chestnuts or walnuts......:) Both when younger liked those very light mice. Like the ones I sent to Leia Eileen.

Karen

dandysmom
28-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Oz used to adore a newspaper tunnel. And Cleo liked chestnuts or walnuts......:) Both when younger liked those very light mice. Like the ones I sent to Leia Eileen.

Karen

Those are the ones I meant when I referred to her "mice"...she loves them still! She also likes to play with a green bean or an empty pea pod in season...she's very good at killing them..:-D

Grete
28-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Bubbles used to be absolutely obsessed with bottle caps when she was a kitten and would beg for it when the bottle was empty, spend hours playing with it then it would mysteriously disappear. When we moved out of that house we found her stash under the sofa in the living room, there were LOADS lol.

She also had a long strip of very colourful fleece on a stick which she would drag around the house with her and bring it to you when she wanted to play. You can drag it, flick it, whirl it and she would go nuts. It's demise came about after an incident with the hoover and we've not been able to find another one as petsathome stopped selling them by the time we needed another.

We found something similar that had a length of fake leopardskin material on a stick and some feathers at the end, and it was great seeing her drag it around again :) The feathers didn't last long and we've had to sew the stick and material back together a few times ;)

Fizz's favourite toy is one that Smudgely kindly gave us when we picked her up :)

It's a Whiskas toy of a bright orange fish on a length of string with a rod and she goes mad for it and brings it to you when she wants to play... and to bed with her ;) She carries the fish around proudly as if she caught it ;) I keep trying to get a photo of her carrying it because it is just too cute :)

And the rest of their toys are small foam balls (less painful to stand on in the night and bounce nicely), scrunched up paper, paper bags and fake fur mice.

And of course... us humans :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Elaine
28-10-2007, 08:46 PM
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_toys/cat_dangler
Zooplus also has a good range of dangler toys, mine like the leather danglers and they last ages.

Kazz
29-10-2007, 09:57 AM
Oh yes I had forgotten about that completely Oz and Cleat used to adore and I do mean adore killing a chamois leather you know what people use to clean windows I always had them as they bring Staffies up in a lovely shine. The proper Chamois leather really really soft but they felt like skin/hide ad the leather smell I think attratced them if you dangled a chamois leather they would beat hell out of it for days. :)

tilly
29-10-2007, 04:38 PM
Buster and Tilly love ping pong balls and mice with cat nip in them as well as furry dangle thing on sticks
Sally