PDA

View Full Version : Schedules for the Colourpoint Cat Club

Kay
27-10-2007, 05:26 PM
The schedules for the Colourpoint Cat Club will be available as from next week. If you want one pm me and I will sort it for you please do not tell me who you are bringing as I am one of the judges.

The show is open to Colourpoint Persians, Colourpoint Exotics and all your lovely household pets. Please enter and help support a small breed club that is struggling to survive at the moment. We share the venu with The Shorthair Society and the British Ragdoll so there will be plenty of gorgeous cats to look at. Blue Peter are going to be there with the two cats as well.

It is too be held at Stoneleigh Warwickshire on January 5th.

Please Please Please come and enter your lovely cats so I will have lots to judge. ;)

Soupie
29-10-2007, 09:31 PM
Am humming and hawing about taking Portia but am worried she will be penalised for the bald patch where prior owners left her collar to eat into flesh :cry:

What do you think? it's not obvious unless you part fur or would fact she will be 14 years ex rescue cat negate that?

Kay
29-10-2007, 11:02 PM
Not quite sure. It's the vetting in where you might have a problem as they often mistake any bald patch for ringworm. If you are taking Quando the the Shorthair Society and the vet thought Portia had ringworm then they would refuse Quando entry as well as they are from the same household. You would then have to ger Clearance Certificates for all the cats you have and would not be able to go to any shows in the meantime even as a visitor.
It is up to you and the more household pets the better for me to judge, as we didn't have any at all last year, but I think it is a big risk when you show Quando. Hope this helps.

Soupie
04-11-2007, 01:44 PM
:? They'd have to be awfully incompetent to mistake it for Ringworm but I take your point ;)

Kay
11-11-2007, 11:40 PM
:? They'd have to be awfully incompetent to mistake it for Ringworm but I take your point ;)

They can be quite stupid sometimes. A friend of mine got refused entry to a show with both her cats just because the vet thought one of them had ear mites. My friend took him straight o a vet and had it tested and it was nothing but a bit of soap in the ear. She contacted GCCF but they would not accept her vets explanation and demanded Clearance Certificates for all her cats which amounted to 17. You can imagine how much that cost. It is totally up to you and I would certainly love some gorgeous cats to judge just thought I better point it out.