PDA

View Full Version : Snugglesafe microwave heatpads

Fran
27-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Can anyone tell me how long these go in the microwave for?? I bought some the other day and someone has thrown the packaging and the instructions away :roll: I heated them up once to try them but can't for the life of me remember how long I put them in the microwave for :roll:

Kay
27-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Can't help there Fran as I have never used the microwave ones. I always use electric because they give off a constant controlled temperature. The microwave ones are much like a hot water bottle and cool down then you have to keep warming them up again. I feel there is a chance of a chill there. Is it for the kittens or for Morse and Portia?

Fran
27-10-2007, 05:07 PM
No, they are for the kittens Kay. I have a plug in one that I used for Ria's babies but it has an automatic cut off after 2 hours on it, so I spent the first three weeks day and night switching it back on again :roll: The central heating is on in our house constantly now, so I doubt there will be any fear of a chill and I was very surprised at just how long these heatpads give out the heat tbh. They can always be used for Morse and Porsha in the stud house if I decide that they are not suitable for kittens but I'll give them a go this time.....if I can work out how long to microvave them for that is :roll:

tilly
27-10-2007, 05:12 PM
The one I have has the heating times written on the heat pad. I can't find it at the moment but will write them down for you when I next come across it.
Sally

Kay
27-10-2007, 05:12 PM
How strange your heat pad cuts off like that. Mine gets up to temp then cuts off and comes back on when the temp alters ever so slightly and comes back and so on. Good luck with remembering how long to cook it :lol:

Fran
27-10-2007, 05:14 PM
The one I have has the heating times written on the heat pad. I can't find it at the moment but will write them down for you when I next come across it.
Sally

Ooooh I never thought to look on the heatpads themselves Sally, Doh!! I'll go look now thanks!!

Fran
27-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Sally, you are a gem! The instructions are indeed on the heatpad itself, under the cover. Thanks all, panic over :roll:

tilly
27-10-2007, 05:20 PM
I didn't either it took me ages to find the instuctions.
I haven't found the heat pads yet which is very annoying as I know I have seen it some where.
Anyway I will keep looking
Sally

smudgley
27-10-2007, 05:24 PM
They are brilliant.

& they keep warm for 12 hours.

Het
27-10-2007, 05:43 PM
yup...i searched out the heatpad this week for the Siams, and couldn't remember how long to heat for. I searched high and low for the instructions and got in a real huff cos I couldn't find them.....then realised they were under the cover:oops:

Cats are happy now though , they love it

Donna
27-10-2007, 07:46 PM
They are brilliant.

& they keep warm for 12 hours.

Do they stay warm for that long? A lot of people use them for their rabbits outside in the winter... might invest in one or two for my bunnies :-D

smudgley
27-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Do they stay warm for that long? A lot of people use them for their rabbits outside in the winter... might invest in one or two for my bunnies :-D

Yes - they really do. They're great, the bunnies would love to get one from Santa. ;)

Fran
27-10-2007, 08:07 PM
They are great Donna! I do know people that do have them for their bunnies!

Elaine
27-10-2007, 08:12 PM
Winstons stayed warm and cozy for about 18 hours, then I'd bung it back in the micro for a few more minutes, just to keep him all cozy and snoozy.
I'm sure the bunnies would apreciate it Donna.:D

dinahsmum
28-10-2007, 10:05 AM
They're really good - and they do last well over 12 hours. Way better than the human micro-hotties

tilly
29-10-2007, 04:29 PM
I have finally found my snuggle safe having turn the house upside down it was in a cupboard with the cat food.
SAlly