PDA

View Full Version : Is she coming into season?

Ruthlynn
26-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Well -we've had Kit for about two months now and when we got her from the rescue we were told she was 13 weeks. That woould make her about five months now.
She's always had a little problem of weeing on beds but we're getting round that but for the past couple of days she's been wandering around meiowing so loudly and really sounds distressed. Could she be coming into season although I know she's a bit young....she a mix but has some obvious persian like features.
I would really appreciate your input guys....I'm taking her to the vets tomorrow but in the meantime....we're all getting a bit weary!!

Take care

Ruth

Fran
26-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Certainly sounds like it. Has she any other signs at all? Rolling around, cleaning her lady bits more than usual, desperately trying to escape through doors, windows etc??

Kay
26-10-2007, 07:51 PM
It is possible she is coming into season. Persians tend to come into season later than other cats but as she isn't pure Persian she definitely could be. If you stroke her near her back end does she paddle her back feet? Is she more affectionate to anyone in the household? These are other signs. Don't let her out at all just to be on the safe side and make sure no other cats can get in. The vets should be able to tell for certain.

Ruthlynn
27-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Hi - just tried the feet paddling thing and yes she does! Also, last night, she was crouching low to the ground with her tail to one side.....tarty madam!!!;)
She can be distracted from the calling if we amuse her with something though so that's one good thing. Thanks for the input guys.It will be fun and games here next week though as we're picking up an 8 week old ginger boy!...Am I mad or am I mad?!!
Ruth

Kay
27-10-2007, 02:19 PM
Definitely mad like the rest of us. Are you going to book her in to be spayed?

Ruthlynn
28-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Yes!! She's going to the vets on MOnday for a check up and hopefully she'll be done next week.
She seems a bit calmer today, playing more and the awful noise has stopped. She really is a little madam though -I've had to clean the whole sofa 'cos she prefers that to her litter tray for wees!!:mad: I've got the Feliway diffuser in the living room now but probablly have to put her tray food and bed in the kitchen overnight until she cleans up her act! I'm hoping the new kitten will make all the difference but maybe it won't! Who knows with cats!!;)

Kay
28-10-2007, 01:52 PM
Has she always prefered the sofa or has this just happened since she has been calling? The reason I ask is a lot of females will mark like this when in call. Just a thought. Also are you using the litter she was used to before you got her? If not she may not like whatever you are using.

Ruthlynn
28-10-2007, 02:46 PM
Hi Kay,
She's always prefers softer stuff for her toilet!! Although it has been much worse recently. I must contact the rescue lady and see what litter she's used to but she poos in there fine so why she's adverse to using it for both I'm not sure. I'm sure she'll settle down after she's been spayed. I can't get cross with her, she's such a character!!

Kay
28-10-2007, 06:50 PM
Things do quite often settle down after spaying so fingers crossed this is one of them.

dandysmom
28-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Good luck, Ruth, let us know how she is after the op! She sounds like a real character, bless her!

Ruthlynn
29-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Thanks guys! She is a little gem and I'll post pictures when we've got the new boy....who's going to be called Bo!
Lily, our first cat, left home and now lives next door!!:roll: Between the neighbour and me, we keep her wormed, flee free and well fed. She's a true outdoor hunter and rarely goes indoors but I guess some cats are just like that.

Take care

Kay
29-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Can't wait to see photo's of them both and possibly Lily.