PDA

View Full Version : Sad news about Vienna

smudgley
25-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Vienna has been today to have one of her thyroid glands removed, however when they removed it, there was a tumour surrounding it & they think there's a strong possibility it will be cancerous. They had never seen such a large thyroid gland before. We will await the histopathology results.

Kay
25-10-2007, 08:04 PM
How awful. Hugs and Kisses to Vienna. How long before you know the results?

Fran
25-10-2007, 08:07 PM
How very sad :( Do so hope the tumour is not carcinogenic Smudgley

Moli
25-10-2007, 08:24 PM
So sad to hear this, Big Hugs to Vienna....xx

Erin
25-10-2007, 08:26 PM
oh no poor Vienna,sending lots of hugs for her xx

yola
25-10-2007, 08:30 PM
All the best to Vienna . . . I hope it's benign.

dandysmom
25-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Poor Vienna! :( Hope for good test results.......

Elaine
25-10-2007, 09:00 PM
Oh no, poor Vienna. Sending lots of possitive thoughts xxx

smudgley
25-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Results will be mid / end of next week.

Grete
25-10-2007, 11:09 PM
Oh the poor girl :( I so hope they can treat it and she comes through fine. She is such a lovely cat.

charliebubs
26-10-2007, 12:23 PM
Poor Vienna - what a worry. I have everything crossed that it isn't cancer.

Lots of healing vibes coming her way
xx

babycakes
26-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Poor vienna hope it's benign XX

tilly
26-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Hugs and healing vibes are on the way. I hope and pray for a good result for you and Vienna.
Sally

Mags
27-10-2007, 11:56 AM
So very sad to hear this Smudgley :( ........ sending Vienna big hugs and positive thoughts .... xxx

Kazz
27-10-2007, 07:10 PM
Hope all goes for the best.

smudgley
01-11-2007, 11:33 PM
had the news about Vienna today (Kazz, thanks for asking, how odd you've been thinking about her, the same days the results are through.)
Well it's not good, but it's not too bad either :?
There were no cancer cells in the cell samples........however the vets are still convinced it was a cancerous tumour surrounding the thyroid gland. So kind of inconclusive, but they said we can either
* remove the other thyroid & test that
*do a chest x-ray which will show if any cancer there has metastisized
*leave her & monitor her health.....................

I have decided to monitor her health, because I think there's no point removing the thyroid unless we need to (blood test in 3 weeks will establish thyroid function & tell us if we need to remove that). If she has got cancer & if it's spread, nothing will change, there will be no medication & there will be no change of plan......
So I think whilst she's happy we just carry on with her & see how she gets on, she is gaining weight slowly & her appetite is more normal now, she's not starving hungry all the time. So that's about it! She is with a nice lady who has her in the house & there are no other pets there, so she is spoiled. I think the chances of finding her a home are slim, but the lady who is fostering her is happy to keep her until either a home is found or until the end of her days.

sarahd
01-11-2007, 11:44 PM
awwwwwwww poor Vienna what a really sad story :(

Just when it looked like things were picking up for her being taken into your care and found a loving foster home this goes and happens to her. There is no justice in this world sometimes is there :(

Fingers crossed things will pick up for her and that her tests dont come back with bad news.

Sarah
x

Mags
01-11-2007, 11:54 PM
I'm so pleased Vienna's new foster mum is prepared to keep her what ever the outcome, it's good to know that she'll be receiving lots of love and attention in her good and bad days.

Fingers crossed she will be able to enjoy a happy home for some time yet..

Kay
01-11-2007, 11:59 PM
I hope that she continues to put weight on and that the results in 3 weeks are good. So glad her fosterer is prepared to have her long term. Sending her lots of hugs and kisses. xxx

Grete
02-11-2007, 12:10 AM
Bless her, kind of a mixed bag really. Important thing I guess is for her remaining time she is in a loving home where she will get love and comfort for the rest of her time.

The foster lady is so wondeful to take her in and be willing to keep her if no other home is found.

Hope she has lots of fuss filled days left.

Kazz
02-11-2007, 10:12 PM
had the news about Vienna today (Kazz, thanks for asking, how odd you've been thinking about her, the same days the results are through.)
Well it's not good, but it's not too bad either :?
There were no cancer cells in the cell samples........however the vets are still convinced it was a cancerous tumour surrounding the thyroid gland. So kind of inconclusive, but they said we can either
* remove the other thyroid & test that
*do a chest x-ray which will show if any cancer there has metastisized
*leave her & monitor her health.....................

I have decided to monitor her health, because I think there's no point removing the thyroid unless we need to (blood test in 3 weeks will establish thyroid function & tell us if we need to remove that). If she has got cancer & if it's spread, nothing will change, there will be no medication & there will be no change of plan......
So I think whilst she's happy we just carry on with her & see how she gets on, she is gaining weight slowly & her appetite is more normal now, she's not starving hungry all the time. So that's about it! She is with a nice lady who has her in the house & there are no other pets there, so she is spoiled. I think the chances of finding her a home are slim, but the lady who is fostering her is happy to keep her until either a home is found or until the end of her days.

Smudgley have I never told you I am a mind reader

But I have to say I am pleased she is in no discomfort and hope all goes well for her.