PDA

View Full Version : Alfie with "Man Flu" NOT!

Rosie
25-10-2007, 10:37 AM
Alfie was very quiet at the weekend brought up a furball, would'nt eat, kept to his bed and walked around looking utterly miserable. Come Tuesday and he didn't get up for his breakfast so made an appointment with Vet in the afternoon and took half a day off work. Got home - he was out and took a while getting him in - he rushed in and demanded feeding - got to the vet who checked him out and said he was fine but nevertheless gave me a lot of medication "just in case" cost me £40 and he is happy as larry!!!!:lol:

Not the first time this has happened with one of mine. Having said all that it put my mind at rest.

babycakes
25-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Aww poor Alfie with a touch of the snivvels.. Maybe he just wanted extra cuddles from mummy but being a man he didn't want to ask

dinahsmum
25-10-2007, 01:16 PM
I didn't know cats got man-flu! :) Poor boy
Guess he must have felt off though - cats don't usually pretend. Maybe he ate a nasty mouse?

Rosie
25-10-2007, 02:59 PM
I think you hit the nail on the head with the mouse thing. He has taken to chewing them and dismembering them so that is probably what upset him. Reference to Man Flu was just to show how melodromatic he was.

Kay
25-10-2007, 07:24 PM
As long as Alfie is fine now. They really worry you don't they.

Vets amaze me though. How can they say he is fine but still give medication? Surely that is wrong. The medication may not work as good when there is something wrong.

dandysmom
25-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Glad he's OK now! Poor baby, dramatizing it so........