PDA

View Full Version : Pink Slips for Kittens

Jac
24-10-2007, 10:15 AM
I have a question for all you breeders here.

Right Caspurr was done a week past Monday. I phoned his breeder to ask for his pink slip and what proof did she want. she wants a copy of what was done by the vet. No problem. Then she said she didn't have his pink slip yet:shock: . Although she had been told they were in the post. Is this normall to take so long?
Caspurr was born in April.

Fran
24-10-2007, 10:18 AM
A lot will depend on when she registered the litter Jac. I do know the GCCF are not the fastests company to deal with. Ria's babies were born in may and I only received the pink slips for her kittens last week, although I did wait to register the kittens as I wanted them to have my prefix and that took 5 months to go through the system :roll:

If you know the registered names of the sire and dam and kittens dob, you could always phone up the GCCF to check that the breeder has actually sent an application in to register the kittens. Let us know what happens Jac.

Jac
24-10-2007, 10:24 AM
I have all that info on his pedigree Fran. I think I may just give then a call. Oh and Caspurr is part of his pedigree name:lol:

sarahd
24-10-2007, 10:39 AM
I would have thought by now you would have received his pink slip back.
Usually breeders register a litter once they have all the names together and the litter have gone to their new homes or have new owners.
I try to send my registrations off at 9/10 weeks so usually they are back by the time they leave for their new homes at 14 weeks.
This is a really busy time of year for the GCCF i do know that and i know they had a real backlog due to the postal strike but i still would have expected Caspurr's breeder to have his slip back by now. Even sending it in July would be 4 months ago now

Like Fran says ring GCCF ask to speak to Ragdoll registrar and she will tell you if there is any note in the cash book for registrations awaiting to be done or on the computer to see ones that have been sent out and maybe stuck in post

Good luck and hope you get to the bottom of things.

Sarah
x

borderdawn
24-10-2007, 11:36 AM
Ive had all my pink slips when I have taken the kittens home.
Dawn.

Fran
24-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Ive had all my pink slips when I have taken the kittens home.
Dawn.

Perhaps Caspurr's breeder is one that won't release the pink slips until she has proof of neutering??

charliebubs
24-10-2007, 01:04 PM
Perhaps Caspurr's breeder is one that won't release the pink slips until she has proof of neutering??

Red's breeders were the same. They wanted proof of neutering before they would send me the pink slip. :roll:

With Lily I got the pink slip when I collected her as I had bought her on the active register (entire) :-D

borderdawn
24-10-2007, 02:56 PM
Yes Fran I agree, but she said she hadnt got them yet, you would think they would send for them ASAP so when the time came they could forward them on?

Fran
24-10-2007, 03:35 PM
Yes Fran I agree, but she said she hadnt got them yet, you would think they would send for them ASAP so when the time came they could forward them on?

Oh I quite agree Dawn, I wasn't disputing that at all.

Kay
24-10-2007, 09:05 PM
The GCCF can be quite slow at times and this is a busy time of year for kittens. It maybe that the breeder held off sending the registrations for some reason, although can't see what. If you ring them up they are usually very helpful and should be able to tell you if the registration papers have been received and if they have been proccessed. If you have any trouble in getting the pink slip then you can report the breeder to the GCCF Disciplinary Committee. I would wait a little bit longer though before going that avenue. If they haven't received the registration applications then I would ring the breeder and tell them you have contacted the GCCF and there is no trace of the paperwork there and ask her to re-apply. It could possibly have got lost in the post and the breeder wouldn't be any the wiser.