PDA

View Full Version : Greek Yoghurt

tilly
23-10-2007, 05:07 PM
I was wondering if any one new whether greek yoghurt was poisopnus to cats asI eat it for breakie and Tilly likes to have a bit as well. She only get it once a day after I hvae finnished eating and it is only bout a heaped teaspoon she doen't seem to be sick on it but I thought I had better check. She seems to love it.:shock: :shock:
Also as buster is having his inhaler twice a day he get speciela treats are any of the below poisonous to cats. He doesn't get much of them.
Cheese
corned beef
cooked chicked
ham
raw lamb

As they are moslt meat based I can't think that they would be also is there any type of cooked meat cats can't have.

Sorry fot the daft question but it is better safe then sorry.

Sally

Gaina
26-11-2007, 06:22 PM
A tiny amount will do an adult cat no harm at all, in fact it's quite good for settling tummies. The only think I'd say is that cats are lactose intolerant, so obviously a tub of yoghurt won't be a good idea, but I have a 'lid-licker' myself and he's ok :lol:

Apparently you can get yoghurt drops for cats, but we've never tried them :cool: .

Elaine
26-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Sometimes mine get some natural yoghurt. A little is ok and can help with upset tummies etc, too much may well have the reverse effect and actually upset the tummy.

The only meat that really should be avoided is pork, to the best of my knowledge.

Gaina
26-11-2007, 08:06 PM
I think you probably know this already but chocolate is an absolute no-no aswell.

Frozen peas are great fun - Billy loves chasing them around the dining room floor :D

dandysmom
26-11-2007, 09:30 PM
I don't know about yoghurt as I dislike it; cats have never tried it. Cheese and ham in small amounts are fine as a treat; all of mine over the years have had meals of cooked chicken and loved it with no adverse results. Can't comment on the corned beef, but as it's pretty salty probably wouldn't give them any; never have given them raw lamb.

angieh
26-11-2007, 10:09 PM
My cat is also a "lid-licker" but he likes the fruity yoghurts too. He also likes peas and sweet corn. He has tiny pieces of cheese as a treat sometimes and also likes small pieces of bacon rind. A Catsey member did tell me in a previous post that raw mince can be dangerous if it has not been previously frozen as there is a bacteria that the freezing kills. Onions and garlic are also poisonous (although a herbalist friend suggested putting onion juice in my ear for an ear infection as onion is a natural antibiotic!).

Mags
26-11-2007, 10:50 PM
Here's a previous thread giving you a list of which foods are good for cats and which ones are bad............

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=12851&highlight=Food+bad+for+cats