PDA

View Full Version : Greasy Coat

sammy
22-10-2007, 11:37 PM
Hi everyone. Having read Charlies thread, I'm slightly worried about Purdies coat. It does sometimes seem slightly greasy. She is only around 5 months old, is eating and drinking normally, and seems well in herself apart from the odd softish poo....:?

I know I have a tendency to be a bit paranoid after losing Mizzie last year, but do you think this is anything to worry about?

charliebubs
23-10-2007, 11:20 AM
Hi Sammy,

I wouldn't worry on account of my thread :) I'm sure a greasy coat on its own is nothing to worry about. Lily sometimes gets a greasy coat, but nothing that baby powder doesn't sort out ;)

With Abi it's more than just her coat - she has been generally unwell too.

Purdie is very young and I'm sure she's very healthy!! Maybe she just spends so much time playing and having fun that she forgets to wash herself!!!!! :) :)

sammy
23-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Hi Charlie,

OK, thanks for that! Like I said, I think I'm a bit paranoid about my babies health these days! :roll: Purdie will be having a pre-spay healthcheck anyway soon, so I will probably just mention it to the vet then. You're right though, I don't think she is much of a washer! :lol:

How is Abi now? Has your vet got to the bottom of it yet?

charliebubs
23-10-2007, 11:49 AM
I don't think she is much of a washer! :lol:

How is Abi now? Has your vet got to the bottom of it yet?

lol :lol:

Abi is brighter, but still not 100%. The results weren't back yesterday and I'm just waiting to call the vets again today. I'll post as soon as I have news. Thanks for asking :)

Kay
23-10-2007, 03:19 PM
I have to agree with Charlie if Purdie is well in herself then I wouldn't worry. The occassional soft poo is more than likely down to her teething as she is at the right age for that. Teething does allsorts of strange things to a kitten and could even account for the greasy coat. A bit like teenagers getting greasy skin. Hormones all over the place. Once she has been spayed then things should start to settle down but don't expect it to happen overnight it can take a while.
I don't think you are being paranoid you just want the best for Purdie. Nothing wrong with that. Sometimes deep down you know there isn't anything wrong but you just want someone else to say it as well. If that makes sense :? :? .

sammy
23-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Yes, it does make sense, and thank you for saying it Kay! :D I am a bit of a worry-wart, but I'm sure you're both right! Just love her to bits that's all....:oops: :)

Kay
23-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Of course you do. It's only natural.