PDA

View Full Version : Cat needs home urgently or being PTS on Monday.

lisa0307
21-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Cat needs home asap or it will be put to sleep on Monday..please read story. Thanks..

Her name is Bella, she is a healthy black short hair cat, 8 years old, very friendly and shy. Her owner decided she doesn't want her any more and brought her to the veterinary practice. They wanted to put her to sleep, but we persuaded them to leave her here during the weekend. In the meantime, we are looking for a new home. Her owner doesn't want to leave her in a protection shelter so if by monday we don't have a new home, her owner really wants to put her to sleep. I know this is not fair so if you are interested or know somebody who may be interested please get in touch as soon as possible!
thank you so much email sil0033@hotmail.com
Posting ref: 14946152 Location: Enfield

http://www.gumtree.com/london/52/14946152.html (http://www.gumtree.com/london/52/14946152.html)

Grete
21-10-2007, 04:07 PM
Her owner doesn't want to put her in a shelter where she could be rehomed somewhere for the rest of her life and would rather put her to sleep?????

That's just not right :( She's only 8 and a beautiful cat, I can't see any problems with her not being found a forever home if her owner would just see sense.

Kay
21-10-2007, 04:17 PM
She is a stunning cat such beautiful eyes how could anyone think that pts is better than a protection centre with a very good chance of beiing rehomed. Good luck in finding her a loving forever home.

Jac
21-10-2007, 04:28 PM
It's emotional black mail on the owners part. Not fair!

dandysmom
21-10-2007, 04:29 PM
What a dreadful story; what can that woman be thinking!!! Best of luck in finding the little girl a loving home......

babycakes
21-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Can't you just say you have??? and send her to a rehoming centre? like she cares anyway and probably won't come back.....That doesn't make sense and makes my blood boil. I would tell her that putting healthy cats to sleep is not an option, however if it is at your vets then I'm seriously worried about where you work and their ethics

Elaine
21-10-2007, 06:19 PM
Personally I hate gumtree ads and avoid them like the plague as there are too many of these types of ads on there.
Its not that I dont care about what happens to these cats coz i do but more often that not I cannt help them so am left feeling very angry and upset.

Fran
21-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Our vets would refuse to pts a healthy cat. I'd be very dubious about any vet that would undertake putting to sleep a healthy animal.

Moli
21-10-2007, 06:55 PM
Our vets would refuse to pts a healthy cat. I'd be very dubious about any vet that would undertake putting to sleep a healthy animal.
My vets the same, no way would she put a healthy cat to sleep....

Jac
21-10-2007, 07:03 PM
Sorry I dont know any ethical vet that would put a healthy animal to sleep Or gladly any un ethical. I seriously doubt this advert.

Grete
22-10-2007, 12:37 AM
I seriously hope not, the more I think about this the angrier I get.

lisa0307
22-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Can't you just say you have??? and send her to a rehoming centre? like she cares anyway and probably won't come back.....That doesn't make sense and makes my blood boil. I would tell her that putting healthy cats to sleep is not an option, however if it is at your vets then I'm seriously worried about where you work and their ethics

Hun, don't shoot the messanger...email the original poster if you want to know more...I only cross posted because I felt so helpless and angry.

babycakes
22-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Hun, don't shoot the messanger...email the original poster if you want to know more...I only cross posted because I felt so helpless and angry.

You didn't actually say on your post that you didn't know the case etc (I won't view the actual pics as it only serves to upset more), this would have made it clearer to those reading. It reads as though you work in the vets you see.

lisa0307
25-10-2007, 03:38 PM
Received an email from the original Gumtree poster and this is what they said...

"Thank you so much to all people that try to help me to find a right home for Bella!! thank you
Finally we have a very nice home for her, so please don't worry as she will be in good hands
Anyway thank you again for your help and if we have any problem i will contact with you again... cheers"

Great news!:D

dandysmom
25-10-2007, 04:21 PM
Received an email from the original Gumtree poster and this is what they said...

"Thank you so much to all people that try to help me to find a right home for Bella!! thank you
Finally we have a very nice home for her, so please don't worry as she will be in good hands
Anyway thank you again for your help and if we have any problem i will contact with you again... cheers"

Great news!:D

Ah! A happy ending ......:D

Kay
25-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Glad everything ended well.

Fran
25-10-2007, 08:37 PM
Great news! A happy ending - good!

Erin
25-10-2007, 10:25 PM
thats great news,glad everything worked out so well :D

Grete
25-10-2007, 11:07 PM
That's good news :) I always like a happy ending but I'm not sure finding a new home using guilt as a promoter is the best way to go about it :(

whiskey
26-10-2007, 11:04 AM
glad to hear there was a happy ending:)