PDA

View Full Version : Bernie

Elaine
21-10-2007, 12:56 PM
A little worried about Bernie. The last few nights he has vomited alot of saliva and a little grass. Initially I wondered if he had a furball stuck but no fur has been brought up. I then wondered if he had a blockage of some sort but he is eating and toileting ok so now i am thinking along the lines of excess tummy acid?
I have now raised his bowls to see if this may make a difference.
He seems fine in himself and I can not see anything else out of the ordinary.
Eva is in the vets later this week for her weigh in so I may take Bernie along too for a wee check over.

Jac
21-10-2007, 01:02 PM
I really hope it's nothing Elaine.

Donna
21-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Give Bernie a cuddle for me Elaine, and hope its nothing serious x

babycakes
21-10-2007, 01:50 PM
Poor Bernie. Hope he's ok soon

Erin
21-10-2007, 01:59 PM
oh no poor baby,hope hes ok and its nothing to serious.give him lots of hugs from me xxxx

Mags
21-10-2007, 02:01 PM
Cassie has vomited frothy saliva and grass a few times Elaine, especially after she has been outdoors. On occasions I have found the remains of mouse giblets in the garden so I have assumed she caught and ate a mouse that didn't agree with her.

Maybe Bernie has been 'feeding' outdoors?? :?

Kay
21-10-2007, 03:26 PM
Bernie obviously had an upset tummy for whatever reason and cleverly went and ate some grass. This made him sick and hopefully has got rid of whatever was upsetting him. If everything else is normal with him I wouldn't worry. Give him a hug from me.

Elaine
21-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Maybe Bernie has been 'feeding' outdoors?? :?

Bernie's not much of a hunter to be honest. Eva is the one that comes in with birds, and mice although she hasnt caught anything for ages. She did bring home a bone from the garden the other day and not a small bone either:shock: :lol: .
Only once has Bernie caught a bird, took it in alive and unscathed. I had to catch it and set it free:roll: ;) poor birdy.
I just cannt work it out. Last ime a cat of mine vomited like this, he had CRF. Bernie is not showing any other symptoms and as I say is eating, toileting and playing just fine. When he vomits though there is alot of liquid ( I mean its a sizable puddle), no food, ocasionally grass.

Grete
21-10-2007, 03:46 PM
I think it's a normal cat thing - Bubbles sometimes does it and is just grass and saliva/bile. I think they just feel a bit uncomfortable for some reason and it makes them feel better and then are fine. If he's toileting and eating and is his usual self then I wouldn't be worried.

*hugs*

Elaine
21-10-2007, 03:52 PM
I wouldnt normally worry if it was a one off but its been the last 3 nights on the trot and always in the dead of night.

Kazz
21-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Take him to put your mind at rest but as have you noticed the council or neighbours spraying the verges/their gardens for weeds, he might be eating grass he normaly eats but they have sprayed it with something thus irritating him.

Hope he's fine if it contiues maybe a visit to the vets to put your mind at rest,

yola
21-10-2007, 10:18 PM
I think if you have a doubt Elaine, then you should get the vet to look Bernie over. Having said that, my boy Balie is a regular vomitter. Sometimes nothing for weeks and than a spate of either regurgitated food or froth/grass or even a tiny fur ball and ALWAYS in the night and ALWAYS outside my bedroom door LOL!!!

If everything else if OK with Bernie than I would say leave it and keep an eye on him - obviously with your experience of Winston's CRF you know exactly what symptoms you're looking out for.

I hope it's just a touch of overeating though. Hugs.

Elaine
22-10-2007, 07:16 PM
Pannick is over and I am sorry if any one was getting worried, I was getting worried myself. Was about to call the vet from work this morning when Graham rang me. He said "you know how I found a few puddles of vomit and we thought it was Bernie?" I say "yeah" He says ":oops: well......I put a small load of washing in the machine and it seems the machine is leaking":roll:
So it would apear that on two of the Mornings that Graham had found vomit in the kitchen was actually puddles from the washing I had done the night before.
The one that I found in the hall was defo a Bernie vomit with a little grass but not so worried now.
:oops: :oops: sorry:oops: :oops: :lol:

Erin
22-10-2007, 07:18 PM
:lol: glad the panic is over and the boy is all fit and healthy ready to be katnapped and come live with me :lol:

Elaine
22-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Buy me a new washing machine and he's all yours:lol:

Erin
22-10-2007, 07:20 PM
Buy me a new washing machine and he's all yours:lol:

:lol: DONE!!!!!!

Elaine
22-10-2007, 07:21 PM
You have been:-D

Erin
22-10-2007, 07:28 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: i dont think so :lol: :lol:,Bernie boy is worth a million washing machines :lol:

Elaine
22-10-2007, 07:32 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: i dont think so :lol: :lol:,Bernie boy is worth a million washing machines :lol:

Yes he is isnt he, my gormless, black, fluffy pedigree:lol:

Erin
22-10-2007, 07:35 PM
:lol: :lol: ill swap you,you can have my moody,grumpy tabby pedigree and Ill take Bernie,he will fit in perfectly here with my other 2 fluffy baby pedigree's :lol:
And I think the Diva will actually quite like Jerry,hes a good looking chap ye no !!!

Elaine
22-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Indeed he is a very handsome dude but perhaps he should come here and make up a threesome, the Diva needs a whole lotta pedigree to satisfy her every whim dontcha know:-D

Erin
22-10-2007, 07:39 PM
Indeed he is a very handsome dude but perhaps he should come here and make up a threesome, the Diva needs a whole lotta pedigree to satisfy her every whim dontcha know:-D

hmmmm doesnt seem like a fair deal to me,what do I get for my very RARE tabby pegigree?????

Donna
22-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Glad it was a false alarm!

Elaine
22-10-2007, 07:40 PM
How about........................
an old leaky washing machine eh?
:lol:

Elaine
22-10-2007, 07:42 PM
Glad it was a false alarm!
Thanx Donna xxx
Me too, cannt beleive how stupid Graham is.

borderdawn
22-10-2007, 07:42 PM
Elaine what are you like!!! Poor bernie, im pleased he's not as daft as his owner!

Erin
22-10-2007, 07:43 PM
How about........................
an old leaky washing machine eh?
:lol:

no deal Im afraid,ill take Indy though:lol:

Elaine
22-10-2007, 07:43 PM
Elaine what are you like!!! Poor bernie, im pleased he's not as daft as his owner!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Normally I'd beg to differ Dawn but on this occasion..................................:-D

Elaine
22-10-2007, 07:44 PM
no deal Im afraid,ill take Indy though:lol:

Done!!!:lol:

Erin
22-10-2007, 07:45 PM
ill tame the little beast up!!!!!

Elaine
22-10-2007, 07:47 PM
ill tame the little beast up!!!!!

God love ya, I'll pray that she lets you keep your fingers:lol:

Erin
22-10-2007, 07:49 PM
God love ya, I'll pray that she lets you keep your fingers:lol:

im sure ill have an easier time taming the little babe up than you will trying to get Jerry to use his tray :roll: :lol:

Elaine
22-10-2007, 07:53 PM
im sure ill have an easier time taming the little babe up than you will trying to get Jerry to use his tray :roll: :lol:

He and eva will make quite a team then wont they:lol:

Erin
22-10-2007, 07:56 PM
:lol: yep they sure will,maybe Eva could teach him to wee in the tray and Jerry could teach her to poo in the tray :? :lol: I dunno,all I know is that your house will smell lovely after a week of the both of them being there,while mine will be starting to smell nice again and my new lil hammy (who by this point will be tame)will be snuggled up on my lap :lol:

Elaine
22-10-2007, 08:02 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Grete
22-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Pannick is over and I am sorry if any one was getting worried, I was getting worried myself. Was about to call the vet from work this morning when Graham rang me. He said "you know how I found a few puddles of vomit and we thought it was Bernie?" I say "yeah" He says ":oops: well......I put a small load of washing in the machine and it seems the machine is leaking":roll:
So it would apear that on two of the Mornings that Graham had found vomit in the kitchen was actually puddles from the washing I had done the night before.
The one that I found in the hall was defo a Bernie vomit with a little grass but not so worried now.
:oops: :oops: sorry:oops: :oops: :lol:

Just caught up with this lol I'm so glad it wasn't Bernie!!

Jac
22-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Me too. What are you like?

Elaine
22-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Me too. What are you like?

Not me, Graham, the puddle i cleaned up was defo a Bernie puke.;)
Poor devil was almost in for blood tests to check his kidney function:oops: :lol:

Jac
22-10-2007, 10:02 PM
So glad it didn't come to that. He would have been traumatised for days.

Grete
22-10-2007, 11:24 PM
And forever will the question be asked when someone asks about cats vomiting 'Have you checked your washing machine for leaks' ? :lol: :mrgreen:

dandysmom
22-10-2007, 11:51 PM
And forever will the question be asked when someone asks about cats vomiting 'Have you checked your washing machine for leaks' ? :lol: :mrgreen:

Lol, good one, Grete!!

Elaine
23-10-2007, 07:58 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: