PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else suffer PMS/PMT

Jac
21-10-2007, 09:38 AM
I'm getting so bad I think a visit to the doctor is needed. I'm like a Christmas card....always greeting (crying) really bad mood swings and dreadful acne. I was putting up and being quiet about it but I really think I need help now. The last couple of nights Ive woken up with my heart racing and sweating. Not a panic attack though.
Has anyone else been like this or similar? If so did the Doc help?

Tink
21-10-2007, 09:42 AM
yes, it turned out they had to switch my birth control because my weight had fluctuated causing my hormones to not be so agreeable to the prescription i was already on. i also saw some info on PMDD..you may want to check it out. i would go to the doctor, hun. they can probably help..here's a link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premenstrual_dysphoric_disorder

Jac
21-10-2007, 09:48 AM
Thanks Tink. Yip that about sums me up. I get so angry as well! not the normal me:oops:

Grete
21-10-2007, 12:45 PM
I know how you feel Jac, for years I had rapid mood swings, crying, angry, anxiety. I felt like I was going to explode sometimes. Anyway it turned out I had PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) and it was causing a massive hormone imbalance. It was treated with a hormone releasing coil and I haven't had any problems since.

Your doctor can do a blood test to see what your hormone levels are at and that should give them a good indication of what needs to be done.

Jac
21-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Grete I was thinking about getting an appointment tomorrow. Does it matter what time of the month you go? Just started this morning:roll:

Erin
21-10-2007, 02:18 PM
Ive always been like that Jacs,my mom dragged me to the doctors about when Iwas 15 cause I was evil!!!!!!:lol:,they put me on the pill and its not been so bad since then.
I did come off the pill for a while when I was about 19 because I thought it was making me fat :roll: and I had to go back on after a couple of months,I was soooo horrible,pooe Ed put up with alot then,both his mom and I were due around the same time so he was stuck in the house with 2 hormonal women :lol: :lol:

Jac
21-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Well Ive got to do something thats for sure. He ignore's me and that makes me worse.

Grete
21-10-2007, 03:40 PM
Grete I was thinking about getting an appointment tomorrow. Does it matter what time of the month you go? Just started this morning:roll:

I don't think it does for the hormone test but it's worth getting an appointment tomorrow if you can anyway. You don't need to be feeling like this so start the process now at least and don't let the doctor fob you off, it's affecting your life negatively and not just a little.

*hugs*

Grete
21-10-2007, 03:42 PM
Ive always been like that Jacs,my mom dragged me to the doctors about when Iwas 15 cause I was evil!!!!!!:lol:,they put me on the pill and its not been so bad since then.
I did come off the pill for a while when I was about 19 because I thought it was making me fat :roll: and I had to go back on after a couple of months,I was soooo horrible,pooe Ed put up with alot then,both his mom and I were due around the same time so he was stuck in the house with 2 hormonal women :lol: :lol:

Interestingly, when I was 15/16 is when I started manifesting the symptoms too - have you ever been checked for PCoS or had your hormone levels checked? I didn't get diagnosed until 7 years ago (and I'm 34 now).

Jac
21-10-2007, 03:47 PM
Funny I have been researching it on line today. They say having a baby can trigger it off. Ceilidh is now 6 and I recon I have been feeling like this for about 6 years. The midwife said it was post natal depression along with recovering from my back op. Also it's more prone in "older" woman. Well I'm 46. If I type it quickly it doesnt hurt so much :lol:

Grete
21-10-2007, 04:01 PM
Awww lol.

I have to say one of the (AWESOME) side-effects of having the mirena coil (hormone releasing one) is that I haven't had a period since the first one was put in 7 years ago. I can live without them AND the symptoms of PCOS :)

Jac
21-10-2007, 04:09 PM
Now THAT sounds like heaven. I'm going to the Doc's tomorrow. If I phone at 8am I'll get a same day appointment.

Jac
21-10-2007, 04:11 PM
I think I'll get a t shirt printed...........

I bl**d for 5 days and dont die. Back off!!!

Erin
21-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Interestingly, when I was 15/16 is when I started manifesting the symptoms too - have you ever been checked for PCoS or had your hormone levels checked? I didn't get diagnosed until 7 years ago (and I'm 34 now).

nah,i havnt grete,my sister has been diagnosed with that not long ago :?

Kay
21-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Hope you get it sorted Jac.

Jac
21-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Thanks Kay. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

dandysmom
21-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Awww lol.

I have to say one of the (AWESOME) side-effects of having the mirena coil (hormone releasing one) is that I haven't had a period since the first one was put in 7 years ago. I can live without them AND the symptoms of PCOS :)

How I wish that had been around when I was younger! That's a great thing about being postmenopausal...no more periods!!!!! :D

random
21-10-2007, 08:19 PM
ME!!!!!!!!

I had the Mirena in and had such a heavy period about 7 weeks after it was put in that it got dislodged and came out. :shock:

I'm on the Depo jab now, not too bad but still get PMT. I used to be really bad just crying and screaming, I had tests done and showed a massive drop in hormone level at my period (hence the coil then jab when that didnt work).

I've only had the one jab so far but stopped my really heavy periods and just light now so far so good!

I didn't get a diagnosis though I didn't know there was an actual name for it, I was just told an abnormal drop in hormones, that's me anyway, abnormal! :roll: :lol:

Grete
22-10-2007, 12:31 AM
Doh, what a shame it didn't work for you random :( It does have varying side effects, one of which it can make your periods heavier but to be honest mine couldn't actually get any worse.

They usually prefer to treat PCOS with a drug called Metformin (it's a type 2 diabetes drug but PCOS and type 2 actually share some characteristics in that you are resistant to your own insulin and Metformin helps with that).

I didn't get on with it so they decided to try the Mirena even tho it was a more complicated step for me because I have never had kids.

There are several hormonal conditions that can cause chronic PMS so it's worth getting it checked out. It was such a relief not to feel like either killing myself or someone else for 2 weeks out of every month.

xxTigerxx
22-10-2007, 12:33 AM
my mum has the same probblem and the doc has helped her so much shes much better now i would see him

Jac
22-10-2007, 03:06 PM
Well I have an appointment at 4.20. I have butterflies in my tum and shaking like a leaf!

Erin
22-10-2007, 03:10 PM
hope it all goes well Jacs,you will be fine :D xxx

Jac
22-10-2007, 03:25 PM
Thanks Mate. I'm sure she'll be able to help.

Erin
22-10-2007, 03:29 PM
Thanks Mate. I'm sure she'll be able to help.

im sure she will but if she cant you get you backside down here Ill cheer you up :lol:

Jac
22-10-2007, 03:36 PM
im sure she will but if she cant you get you backside down here Ill cheer you up :lol:

Done!!:lol: :lol: Poor Ed:roll:

dandysmom
22-10-2007, 03:59 PM
Hope it goes well today; keep us posted!!

Kim
22-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Hope all goes well today Jac. Nothing worse than painful/problem periods. They are such a nuisance!!

random
22-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Hope it went well today Jac. xxxxxxx

Jac
22-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Thanks guys. I'm oficially off my tree. I have PMDD:shock: The doc has given me Fluoxetine to see if that helps. She said that I could possibly starting the change early as well:shock: This period is a week early, very heavy and clotty. She's put me on tabs to try and stop the flow so to speak and regulate me.
Then on the way home I was attacked by a big fish!

Moli
22-10-2007, 08:46 PM
Jac's you are completely off your trolley!!!!!!!

Jac
22-10-2007, 08:48 PM
I wasn't really attacked by a big fish. That was made up:oops: :roll:

Grete
22-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Thanks guys. I'm oficially off my tree. I have PMDD:shock: The doc has given me Fluoxetine to see if that helps. She said that I could possibly starting the change early as well:shock: This period is a week early, very heavy and clotty. She's put me on tabs to try and stop the flow so to speak and regulate me.
Then on the way home I was attacked by a big fish!

That's great Jac, hope they help!!!

And about the fish... errrrr :shock: :-D

MrsH
22-10-2007, 09:09 PM
I really feel for you Jac, thankfully at my age I don't have these problems anymore, but I can still vividly remember them! Good luck, hope you get some comfort from the tablets.

Jac
22-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Thank you. Anything has to be better.

dandysmom
22-10-2007, 09:43 PM
Hope the medication helps, Jac! Are there side effects like hallucinating vicious fish....:-D ???

Moli
22-10-2007, 09:43 PM
That's great Jac, hope they help!!!

And about the fish... errrrr :shock: :-DDon't worry about it...Jac's seeing things again!!!:roll: :roll: :lol:

Jac
22-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Hope the medication helps, Jac! Are there side effects like hallucinating vicious fish....:-D ???
Yeh and Moli had them on leads:lol: She was walking them.:-D

dandysmom
22-10-2007, 09:52 PM
Yeh and Moli had them on leads:lol: She was walking them.:-D

Hee hee, clever Moli to find tiny enough leads to walk all those little floating eyes....I see things like that sometimes after tee many martoonis.....:-D

Moli
22-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Hee hee, clever Moli to find tiny enough leads to walk all those little floating eyes....I see things like that sometimes after tee many martoonis.....:-D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You are begining to sound as nuts as Jac's DM!!:lol: :lol:

Jac
22-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Thanls friend. :-D :-D :-D

dandysmom
22-10-2007, 10:04 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You are begining to sound as nuts as Jac's DM!!:lol: :lol:

:-D It's the company I keep here, Moli...must be contagious...like Elaine, I am a refined, serious older lady........

Moli
22-10-2007, 10:15 PM
:-D It's the company I keep here, Moli...must be contagious...like Elaine, I am a refined, serious older lady........:lol: :lol: I must be one of those too then!;) :lol:

Jac
22-10-2007, 10:16 PM
:lol: :lol: I must be one of those too then!;) :lol:

Cough cough, yeh right:lol: :lol:

Grete
22-10-2007, 11:23 PM
So I really AM the sane refined one around here?? :mrgreen:

Jac
22-10-2007, 11:25 PM
Yet at the moment, we rub off on you:lol:

Moli
22-10-2007, 11:33 PM
It will not last Grete!!:roll: :lol:

Grete
23-10-2007, 07:19 AM
Yet at the moment, we rub off on you:lol:

It will not last Grete!!:roll: :lol:

Now I'm scared, is that a threat or a promise?? :shock: :-D :lol:

Jac
23-10-2007, 09:40 AM
Its a promise. A nice one to join the nutters.:shock: :lol:

Erin
23-10-2007, 09:43 AM
Grete if your lucky you will be like me,Im one of the sane ones around here!!!!

Really really hope the medication helps Jacs :D

Jac
23-10-2007, 09:47 AM
Thanks Erin, so do I. The doc did say if it didn't there were otheres and she can always tweek the dose. (I think that's a medical term):lol:

Erin
23-10-2007, 09:51 AM
Thanks Erin, so do I. The doc did say if it didn't there were otheres and she can always tweek the dose. (I think that's a medical term):lol:

:lol: :lol: I know what you mean :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hopefully the stuff they have given you will work so your not messed about trying stuff!!!!!

Im not in the best of moods today,partly being tired and not being able to sleep cause of having Ailis over and mostly time of the month is due,Eds going out later,pob for the best :lol: :lol:

Jac
23-10-2007, 09:53 AM
Awww you'll enjoy your sister, or she can come to me:lol: . :lol: I hope you manage to get some sleep. I need to go and shower now. Mum's coming over:shock: