PDA

View Full Version : do any of you know why?

Tink
21-10-2007, 01:31 AM
this is not really a problem..it just amuses me abit and i find it a little fascinating. every time i try to clean kuan yin's litterbox (several times a day)...she tries to stop me!! she jumps in the box, bats at the scooper, or jumps and bites my hand. she doesn't seem upset and she is a kitten so i was first just assuming she is simply playing..but she now must use the box immediately after i am done or even WHILE i am cleaning it..it's like she has to "fix it" again...i always thought only dogs would mark their territory like that and since cats are tidy that their smell alone in the box would be enough to satisfy them (the box doesn't smell, i just mean the smell she must pick up on from herself)..i don't dump all of it out daily or anything so i'm fascinated why she feels she needs to mark it after. she's not spraying, she's been fixed, and she's only 5 and 1/2 months old...i guess i'm just curious. anyone ever experience this before? none of my previous cats used to do this and i'm just interested what's going on in her mind.

dandysmom
21-10-2007, 02:16 AM
Odd, never had that happen with mine. Although every one of them always felt the need to immediately jump in the box after I'd cleaned it and put in fresh litter and re-christen it! When I had three, they'd line up! I always assumed they needed to scent-mark it .....

Tink
21-10-2007, 02:22 AM
yes, i think you are probably right. she looks at me like i am so silly to remove all the good "work" she's done:lol:

dandysmom
21-10-2007, 02:35 AM
When I said "line up", it usually was by senority: Misty was the alpha cat who went first to re-christen it, but sometimes Dandy, my little Pura boy would jump the line and get in with her,,,she had the most annoyed look on her face; couldn't help but laugh ......box barely big enough for two at a time, she's weeing away looking cross, and he is just piddling on completely unconcerned!!

Tink
21-10-2007, 02:44 AM
When I said "line up", it usually was by senority: Misty was the alpha cat who went first to re-christen it, but sometimes Dandy, my little Pura boy would jump the line and get in with her,,,she had the most annoyed look on her face; couldn't help but laugh ......box barely big enough for two at a time, she's weeing away looking cross, and he is just piddling on completely unconcerned!!

oh my gosh! i'm dying laughing picturing it..so funny!!!:lol:

dandysmom
21-10-2007, 02:57 AM
It was funny, Tink! And what else was funny about those two was that Dandy was very, very casual about burying ...he'd give a few random scrapes and hop out with the deposit just lying there. And Misty was Ms Neatnik...she'd go to the box and look appalled, :shock: stare at it, gaze at me as if to say: "Men!!!", and proceed to bury it very carefully before using it herself! I must admit I often didn't scoop it because I loved to see the look on her face...bad mom!! :-D Sort of the male cat equivalent of leaving the toilet seat up.....

Grete
21-10-2007, 06:00 AM
Oh my, that made me laugh DaM ;)

Bubbles does the whole has to re-christen thing too - often before I've finished putting the 'collar' back on the tray and moved it back into position. So I have to do it over her head and slide the tray while she's busy peeing ;)

Kay
21-10-2007, 03:38 PM
I think they must just like to reenforce their smell. Strange as it may seem. Quite a few of mine have to go and do something as soon as it is clean again. Angel will even lie in it if she isn't quite ready so that no-one else can do it before her :roll: . Mind you that could have something to do with her being born in a litter tray ;)

Jac
21-10-2007, 03:58 PM
Aww she wasn't was she Kay?

Mine are exactly the same. I've seen Caspurr pee before I've even filled it up again:oops: . Men!!!!

Kay
21-10-2007, 04:09 PM
[quote=Jac;431988]Aww she wasn't was she Kay?[quote]
Yes she sure was. My friend who bred her was beginning to think that Teah, Angels mum, wasn't prgnant at all as she ha gone way over and wasn't showing any signs. She booked her into the vets for the following day and that night she heard this really tiny baby cry coming from the litter tray. Teah must have thought she had done a poo because she just left her there despite being an excellent mother :oops: . Good job my ffriend woke up.

Jac
21-10-2007, 04:33 PM
Aww poor baby. What a way to enter the world.
I knew a girl that when she went into labour thought she was constipated. When she had her wee girl she called her Connie:smt103 ( one of my mums neighbours) say's it all.

Kay
21-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Aww poor baby. What a way to enter the world.
I knew a girl that when she went into labour thought she was constipated. When she had her wee girl she called her Connie:smt103 ( one of my mums neighbours) say's it all.

Poor girl :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grete
22-10-2007, 12:42 AM
Yes she sure was. My friend who bred her was beginning to think that Teah, Angels mum, wasn't prgnant at all as she ha gone way over and wasn't showing any signs. She booked her into the vets for the following day and that night she heard this really tiny baby cry coming from the litter tray. Teah must have thought she had done a poo because she just left her there despite being an excellent mother :oops: . Good job my ffriend woke up.

Good job she didn't bury the baby! Poor mite, glad she was rescued!

xxTigerxx
22-10-2007, 01:21 AM
lol nope i have never had that probblem

Kay
23-10-2007, 03:33 PM
Good job she didn't bury the baby! Poor mite, glad she was rescued!

Somehow I don't think Angel would have put up with that. Angel by name but definitely not by nature:twisted: :twisted: .