PDA

View Full Version : Good home seeking cat

Elaine
20-10-2007, 06:14 PM
I am looking for a cat on behalf of a good friend of mine. She is moving into a house on the out skirts of Aberdeen with her 3 yr old son and her partner. She would like to give a rescue cat a good home. Her 3 yr old son is very respectful around all animals and is never left left unsupervised around them. My Diva even tolerates a small stroke from the wee lad. Although the house is in the country, my friend would like the cat to be a house cat as there is a road near by but also many out houses which would probably hold more interest than the road. Age and gender are not of any great importance.

yola
20-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Good luck with finding a cat for your friend Elaine. I suppose she's tried all the SSPCA and CP routes and not come up with anything?

smudgley
20-10-2007, 07:35 PM
Wish I could help, but I think Scotland is a bit far away from me :shock:

Contact the local CP branches. :)

Kim
20-10-2007, 07:38 PM
A 'cyber' friend of mine who us a vet nurse in Newcastle sent me this email the other day. Emma is a member here, but doesn't post that often.

Hope it helps!

Have few cats urgently seeking new homes due to lack of kennel space for them, please crosspost or let me know if you know anyone who might be interested:

- SOOTY & SWEEP: 5 year old littermates, black male & torbie female, neutered, vaccinated & chipped. Returned to us due to new baby's allergies - need home together.

- OLIVER & OSCAR: 18 month old brothers, pale ginger & tabby and white. Neutered, vaccinated & chipped. Both large, handsome & friendly. Returned to us due to relationship breakdown - need new home together.

- SPOCK: 12 week old male tabby kitten
- CHUNKY MONKEY: 9 week old black & white male kitten

(Spock & Monkey can be rehomed together or seperately, as they are in same foster home)

- BLUE: 12 week old blue kitten recovering from broken leg, very nervous so needs special home.

My email address for more info
emma_pen@yahoo.co.uk (emma_pen@yahoo.co.uk)

Jac
20-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Elaine I know the Raggie rescues are always looking for homes. Brilliant kits with kids, love cuddles and dont go out. Sounds ideal with me. What do you think?

dandysmom
20-10-2007, 09:07 PM
A 'cyber' friend of mine who us a vet nurse in Newcastle sent me this email the other day. Emma is a member here, but doesn't post that often.

Hope it helps!

Have few cats urgently seeking new homes due to lack of kennel space for them, please crosspost or let me know if you know anyone who might be interested:

- SOOTY & SWEEP: 5 year old littermates, black male & torbie female, neutered, vaccinated & chipped. Returned to us due to new baby's allergies - need home together.

- OLIVER & OSCAR: 18 month old brothers, pale ginger & tabby and white. Neutered, vaccinated & chipped. Both large, handsome & friendly. Returned to us due to relationship breakdown - need new home together.

- SPOCK: 12 week old male tabby kitten
- CHUNKY MONKEY: 9 week old black & white male kitten

(Spock & Monkey can be rehomed together or seperately, as they are in same foster home)

- BLUE: 12 week old blue kitten recovering from broken leg, very nervous so needs special home.

My email address for more info
emma_pen@yahoo.co.uk (emma_pen@yahoo.co.uk)

The names caught my eye: remember Woolywonka, the guy who had the two black cats? Those were their names. He hasn't posted in months, but I think his two were boys, if I remember correctly. Quite a coincidence! Kim, if you're in touch with Emma, tell her I said hi!

Kay
21-10-2007, 12:36 AM
Hope your friend finds the perfect cat for her.

Elaine
21-10-2007, 12:49 PM
We seem to have that stupid ruling up here about rehoming cats to people with kids under 7:roll: . Whilst I understand why some homes with kids may not be suitable, surely each one should be judged on its own merits. I am not a kiddy lover by any stretch of the imagination but Keiran really is a lovely kid. If Eva lets him near than he cannt be that bad eh?:lol: He has been brought up around animals and taught to respect and be gentle with them. That said 2 rescues have contacted me, so now it's up to my friend to give them a call and arrange a home check.
I am quite excited now coz she said we will have to organise a kitting out new kitty's shopping spree and i love nothing better than shopping for aminals:-D
I am sure there will be no problems with the home checks as my friend is always very interested in all my talk of cats and took a very keen interest in Winston and broke her heart when he left us.

Elaine
21-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Elaine I know the Raggie rescues are always looking for homes. Brilliant kits with kids, love cuddles and dont go out. Sounds ideal with me. What do you think?

I did also wonder about raggies Jac. Do you know of any websites for the rescues?

Jac
21-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Yeh I'll pm you them.

xxTigerxx
21-10-2007, 03:04 PM
I am looking for a cat on behalf of a good friend of mine. She is moving into a house on the out skirts of Aberdeen with her 3 yr old son and her partner. She would like to give a rescue cat a good home. Her 3 yr old son is very respectful around all animals and is never left left unsupervised around them. My Diva even tolerates a small stroke from the wee lad. Although the house is in the country, my friend would like the cat to be a house cat as there is a road near by but also many out houses which would probably hold more interest than the road. Age and gender are not of any great importance.

where abouts are you as i know a lot of cats looking for a home???:lol: send me a pm