PDA

View Full Version : My parents are getting a new cat

tilly
17-10-2007, 11:37 AM
I am currently in charge of finding them a a stable/ feral cat to live outside and keep them company and hopeflly reducethe amount of rats and mice. I will kep you post and send some photos when h/she arrives.

Sally

Grete
17-10-2007, 01:13 PM
That's great Sally! So many cats who are feral or just don't like being indoors need and deserve good homes too :)

Keep us updated won't you!

Mags
17-10-2007, 01:41 PM
I hope you find the special cat for your Mum and Dad soon, Sally....:D

Jac
17-10-2007, 01:44 PM
Oh that's exiting. Maybe Smudgley or Dawn could help in your search.

dinahsmum
17-10-2007, 02:16 PM
Oh that's exiting. Maybe Smudgley or Dawn could help in your search.
Mmm, or any rescue organisation - they always seem to have some poor souls who need to be non-cuddle cats. Maybe your folks could find space for two? It would be good for two to be together if they're going to be outdoor types.

tilly
17-10-2007, 02:27 PM
i have tried my best to persuade my parent to get more than one but they only want one. So the pussy cat lodge trust and the CPL are looking for cats happy to be on the own outside.
Sally

dandysmom
17-10-2007, 04:44 PM
Good luck in the search, Sally, and do keep us posted, please!

smudgley
17-10-2007, 07:37 PM
One feral or outside cat coming right up! :-D

What area are they in? I may have just what they are looking for. ;)

Kazz
17-10-2007, 07:47 PM
One feral or outside cat coming right up! :-D

What area are they in? I may have just what they are looking for. ;)

Speedy Gonzala we'll have to start calling you, Smudgley.

tilly
17-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Thanks smudgley I have pm'd you the details.
Sally

Grete
17-10-2007, 08:15 PM
Haha Smudgely is THE person to go to as far as I am concerned ;)

Kay
17-10-2007, 09:05 PM
Hopefully this is a happy ending for one lucky cat. Keep us all posted

smudgley
18-10-2007, 09:53 PM
Would they take on a young feral?
About 6months old?
Would you / they meet me near Warwick (M40) to collect the cat?

smudgley
20-10-2007, 02:08 PM
About 6months old?

? :roll: ?

.................................................. ....

tilly
20-10-2007, 02:52 PM
About 6months old?
Hi I was waiting for a reply from my parent. They say that 6 month is too young but thank you very much for looking.
sally

smudgley
20-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Oh sorry, I just thought you had missed my post.

that's a shame as we have a few 6 month old ferals in the branch. I'll let you know if I hear of anything older that would enjoy an outdoor only life. :)

tilly
20-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Thanks. I will keep yo posted and let you know what happens.
SAlly

smudgley
23-10-2007, 10:36 AM
Sally I have a cat coming in tomorrow with 3 kittens that are a few months old. I knew the kittens were coming in, but got a message today to say that Mom is coming in too, but needs an outdoor home. Maybe a possibility? I'll update you when she comes in. :)

Kay
23-10-2007, 04:02 PM
That sounds promising. Fingers crossed.

tilly
21-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Hi sorry I forgot to add that my parents adopted a cat called Trevor who is a black and white male. He is gorgeous and has been doing his stint indoors and was let out on saturday. I tried to get a photo but he is feral and was too shy. He spent most of the last few weeks hiding under his bed. We haven't seen him since we let him out but last nights food has gone. Tonight my mum is going to put some flour out on the floor of an old mobile home where he is fed to make sure that it is him eating the food not the rats:shock: :shock: .
Trevor is between 2/3 years old and is neutered. He used to live at a hospital but had to leave as it was being redeveloped and the nurses that were feeding him wouldn't be able to anymore. And the rest of his colony has already been rehomed it was just him left. So he was perfect as he was on his own and most people want more than one.

anyway if I ever manage to get a photo I will post it here. Thanks for all you help and nice comments :-D

Sally

Fran
21-01-2008, 08:44 PM
Awww bless, I hope it is Trevor eating the food, do let us know Sally and we'd love to see piccies if you ever manage to 'snap' him ;)

dandysmom
21-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Lucky Trevor to have found a home with your parents! Clever trick with the flour; I did that years ago outside my bedroom as I wondered if my then cat stayed in bed with me all night or wandered...I used talcum powder. And yes, he wandered ...