PDA

View Full Version : Fizz settling in :)

Grete
17-10-2007, 07:04 AM
Well as each day goes on, Bubbles and Fizz are getting more used to each other. We found them both asleep on the old mattress that is lying in the spare room waiting to be taken to the tip. Ok they were at opposite ends but it's a start ;)

Fizz did really well at the Vets, she was so curious and constantly trying to get off the table so she could explore. She utterly charmed the vet who, spent a while cooing and fussing her. She wasn't too impressed at being poked with needles but she forgave him :) I however, ended up with more scratches everywhere as she wanted to get free.

I should really take some pics of them all, they look impressive right now ;) The Vet looked at her claws after I started bleeding and said "uh-huh I think we'll clip those claws" lol. She's now a joy to hold and be jumped on by now she doesn't have those needle tips!

While we were waiting at reception to have the bill made up , she burrowed under her towel and lay there peeping out. The receptionist dealing with me melted and then the other ladies had to come and look too ;)

Then the ultimate humiliation on my part, I'd chosen two breakaway collars as well until I can get the ones printed with my number on and I realised I'd left my purse at home :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thankfully they know me well and found it funny and said "oh just pay next time you come or phone us when you get home with your card number". :-D

Dinner time last night was fun since both of them started to eat then turned their noses up so we had a funny 5 mins of trying to persuade them. Eventually we found them both under the table in the dining room avoiding us ;)

They are still having hissing spats but they are getting fewer and a lot of the time it's when one surprises the other.

Poor Fizz was so worn out by her ordeal at the vets and also dopy from her injections she spent most of yesterday evening flaked out. She came for comfort from me (YAY) from time to time - My husband took a pic and will post it in the photo section :)

Phew long post - sorry!!

dinahsmum
17-10-2007, 08:42 AM
It's lovely to read your account - very obvious that you are totally smitten!

Kazz
17-10-2007, 10:41 AM
Totaly agree with DM you sound totaly bewitched by her in the nicest possible way.

Karen

Mags
17-10-2007, 11:35 AM
Good to hear Fizz is settling in and has already been acquainted with her new vet!

It sounds like she is a perfect match for you Grete!;):D

yola
17-10-2007, 12:00 PM
What a lovely tale recounted! So happy things are settling down and the Fizzy one is making herself at home :-D

Grete
17-10-2007, 01:02 PM
Lol I am unashamedly smitten :) I'm so proud of Bubbles too, the way she has handled it all. They are so different from each other, in looks as well as personality and each brings different qualities to my life.

Squeak left a huge gap in my heart when she went to the Rainbow Bridge and as much as I love my darling Bubbles, she isn't the type of cat that needs cuddles and affection, preferring it all to happen on her own terms and preferably from Tony. I didn't realise how much I needed a little chatty, chirpy, cuddlebug :)

I feel whole again :)

I will shut up eventually, I promise lol.

dandysmom
17-10-2007, 04:14 PM
Don't you dare shut up; these stories are just great!! Keep them coming! Fizz sounds like a real darling, and I'm so pleased that things are going better with Bubbles! Dandy was like that at the vet; he actually enjoyed it: got fussed over by the staff (he was a people-oriented charmer), and kept getting off the table to explore all the interesting new things/smells!

Grete
17-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Don't you dare shut up; these stories are just great!! Keep them coming! Fizz sounds like a real darling, and I'm so pleased that things are going better with Bubbles! Dandy was like that at the vet; he actually enjoyed it: got fussed over by the staff (he was a people-oriented charmer), and kept getting off the table to explore all the interesting new things/smells!

Awww thanks lol I just can't stop raving about them both atm ;)

Hehehe Fizz was definately doing a Dandy ;) She was totally unafraid and just kept sliding off the table to explore just one more thing. I needed about 8 arms to contain her ;)

Kay
17-10-2007, 09:00 PM
It really sounds like they are coming round. We have just had all the hissing and growling from Roxy. It went on for about 4 days and now her and Shannon are busy chasing each other up and down the stairs. It sounds like we have two elephants not two kittens.

babycakes
17-10-2007, 11:39 PM
Awww thanks lol I just can't stop raving about them both atm ;)

Hehehe Fizz was definately doing a Dandy ;) She was totally unafraid and just kept sliding off the table to explore just one more thing. I needed about 8 arms to contain her ;)

Denis is 3 and I'm still raving about him!!! It is lovely to hear how well things are going and yes we all need our furry cuddles