PDA

View Full Version : Oooh Noo Got a problem HELP

Jac
15-10-2007, 06:23 PM
Right I brought Caspurr home about 3 hours ago. Abi is having none of it. She's hissing growling and chaseing him about the house. What do I do? I think she thinks Ive swaped him for another Cat. He's really distressed. So's she.
What on earth do I do?

charliebubs
15-10-2007, 06:25 PM
Calm down woman!!!!!

It'll only be because he smells of the vets and that's strange to Abi.

Do you have any baby talc powder??? If so, I'd run some into Caspurr to take the horrible smell away and then put a bit on Abi too - so he will then smell like her.

If you don't have any talc............get an item of clothing that you have worn and smells of you and rub it all around Caspurr and then Abi.

Let me know if that works. :)

Jac
15-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Ok away for the baby powder (thank god Derek has smelly feet) His rear looks really sore too.

charliebubs
15-10-2007, 06:28 PM
Ok away for the baby powder (thank god Derek has smelly feet) His rear looks really sore too.

Who's rear???? Caspurr or Derek!?!?!??!?! LOL :-D :-D :-D :-D

Jac
15-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Who's rear???? Caspurr or Derek!?!?!??!?! LOL :-D :-D :-D :-D

:lol: :lol: Caspurr's, No it hasn't worked:cry:

Jac
15-10-2007, 06:49 PM
There both in the kitchen eating...between her growls.

borderdawn
15-10-2007, 07:01 PM
Its normal! Wiggy ALWAYS hisses and spits when any of the other Cats go out for any reason, within a day or so he's back to normal. Dont worry!

Jac
15-10-2007, 07:02 PM
Right just put more powder on his rear. He's going to end up like a powder puff! He cant understand what's going on poor thing! He's calling her and she's spitting,... Witch just chased him into the bedroom.

kado
15-10-2007, 07:16 PM
Kay was exactley the same when simon first went to the vets last year. She his growled and attacked him. I think it is the ssmell off the vets too. Now Simon is the boss of her and teaser her all the time, so i wouldnt worry too much i am sure in a couple of days things will be back too normal.

jane

Jac
15-10-2007, 07:21 PM
I feel so sorry for him. He cant understand what has happend to his friend. She is being really nasty to him. I never thought I would see that. They were so close. I hope they get it back.

charliebubs
15-10-2007, 07:26 PM
They will get it back Jac. Don't worry - it is normal.

Try it with a bit of your worn clothing too - rub it around him. He just smells funny to Abi, that's all it is.

Be careful of the talc near his wound ;)

Bet he smells lush now!!!! :)

Jac
15-10-2007, 07:31 PM
I'm more worried about him bursting his stiches right now. She's seeing him off no matter where he is. Tell you my sweet wee Abi is a witch.

Kay
15-10-2007, 07:38 PM
Just normal cat behaviour. They will be back to normal in a few days.

borderdawn
15-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Stitches? He has stitches? Mine never have.

Jac
15-10-2007, 08:06 PM
I was only thinking. He must have internel one's.

His wee bits look bruised and swollen.

Jane
15-10-2007, 08:07 PM
When Patch came home from being done they were quite red and looked a bit sore - the next day they looked perfectly normal again (well, he did cover them with his fur lol XD)

Amber
15-10-2007, 09:00 PM
Cat castrates do not tend to have stitches as the incisions are so so tiny they heal very quickly on their own :)

As the others have said, try wiping him over with something which smells of you to make him smell more familiar :) once he has been back in his own environment for a day or so he should be fully accepted back into the household :D

dandysmom
15-10-2007, 09:01 PM
Jac, don't worry, it's normal! Remember when Milo was done, Tink hissed, growled and behaved like a little witch for a day or so, and had Erin very upset! "This too shall pass" !!!

Jac
15-10-2007, 09:15 PM
Dm ans Amber thanks. I just worry so but am very leavel headed when it comes to others pets:oops: I think it's called love.
Amber his wee bits look so sore.

dandysmom
15-10-2007, 09:33 PM
Awww, Jac I didn't mean to sound unsympathetic; was just trying to help you worry less! I know what you mean, it's different when it's our baby!

Cats have an incredibly good sense of smell and rely very strongly on it: Caspurr may look like himself and act like himself, but to Abi he doesn't smell like himself, and she trusts her nose! They'll be back sharing that new bed (have you got it yet?) very soon!

Jac
15-10-2007, 10:06 PM
Dm I didn't think you were being unsympathetic!! For one moment.

It's just weird going from two cats being inseprable and loving each other to absolute hate.
Oh well there being left alone tonight as normal so it will be kill or cure.
Off to bed soon. Night.

Kazz
15-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Jac he will be fine Cleo had a go at Oz everytime he went through the catflap. It took him years to realise it wasn't personal she was just being a female. :)

borderdawn
15-10-2007, 10:13 PM
No stitches jac, they slit the sac and literally pull it out! each one that is.

babycakes
15-10-2007, 11:10 PM
Aww poor Caspurr and poor Abi, I'm sure by tomorrow they will both be back to normal.

Grete
15-10-2007, 11:13 PM
I think his smell must have changed a bit too - not releasing the hormones and pheremones he prolly did before.

Give her a good rub and get her scent all over your hands and then do it to him and see if that helps any. Must be so distressing for you and the cats :(

Hopefully she will realise it's him and not some stranger soon.

*hugs*

Amber
16-10-2007, 08:41 AM
Dm ans Amber thanks. I just worry so but am very leavel headed when it comes to others pets:oops: I think it's called love.
Amber his wee bits look so sore.

They are often slightly swollen for a day or to after the operation, just because they have been pulled around a bit and because of the incisions. There should however be no weeping and they should look clean.

Do you have a follow up appointment at your vets to check his healing process in a couple of days? If you do then you can let them know your worries then and they will be able to let you know exactly how he's getting on :) and of course you can always call them any time and voice your concerns to them.

Hope they are both more relaxed around each other today!

charliebubs
16-10-2007, 01:18 PM
No stitches jac, they slit the sac and literally pull it out! each one that is.

You have such a way with words!!!!! :-D :shock: :-D

Jac - how are they getting on today??

Jac
16-10-2007, 04:55 PM
We left them together last night and both were alive this morning.

They have spent a lot of time chasing each other today. At least the spitting has stopped. They haven't cuddled up together yet though.
I'm sure it will get better as time goes on. Thanks for all your advise.

Kay
16-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Sounds like things are slowly getting back to normal. Abi will soon be cuddling up to Caspurr again. Don't worry.