PDA

View Full Version : Got bitten today

Kazz
14-10-2007, 09:34 PM
I got bitten by a dog today. I just popped into a friends house to drop something off for them and got bitten by their Yorkie.
He just flew across the sofa and bite me and whats worse they thought it was funny. Okay he never drew blood but I have a bruise now.

What is it with small dog owners that think snappy dogs are funny.I actually felt sorry for the dog, he obviously has no rules.:(

Karen

dandysmom
14-10-2007, 09:42 PM
That's far from funny! They didn't even repremand it? :shock: One of the reasons I'm not comfortable around dogs .......

smudgley
14-10-2007, 09:45 PM
oh no. :( Sorry to hear this Kazz.

I got bitten today too.... :shock: by a naughty kitten who was wormed & took it well & swallowed it, then took a chunk out of my hand. Naughty boy (it's the timid one out of the 13 week old ones)

Kay
14-10-2007, 09:46 PM
That is terrible. I used to breed Chihuahuas and I would never have allowed such behaviour never mind think it was funny. My mum has 2 Chi's and the are very bossy but they are definitely not allowed to do things like that. The poor dog have such silly owners.

Hope your bruise is alright Karen.

Kay
14-10-2007, 09:47 PM
oh no. :( Sorry to hear this Kazz.

I got bitten today too.... :shock: by a naughty kitten who was wormed & took it well & swallowed it, then took a chunk out of my hand. Naughty boy (it's the timid one out of the 13 week old ones)
Perhaps he thought you had a bit more in your hand Kelly :roll: :roll: .

Mags
14-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Glad the dog didn't draw blood Kazz ....I'm disappointed with the owners making light of it though.:mad:

I'm not very keen on Yorkies either. A few years ago my daughter used to help with the shopping for an elderly neighbour two doors away from us. She took the shopping into the house as usual and the little Yorkie just flew at her and sunk it's teeth into my daughter's ankle. Sue was obviously upset and frightened and came home crying. My neighbour followed and she was even more upset that her dog did that and she insisted that we took Sue straight to the Health Centre and have a tetanus jab. The day after she brought round a box of chocolates for her.

My point being that no dog owner should make light of any incident when their dog grabs someone with its mouth, whether it draws blood or not..

Kazz
14-10-2007, 10:01 PM
They do not consider it serious I am not impatient or a non helpful person but, they literaly just laughed and said "Oh he won't let you sit on the sofa" all smug/proud like and I said "then why not say so before you invite people to sit down?" I admit I spoke in a sarcastic manner but I was walking out at the time. Not staying somewhere idiots live.
Mind you I get the feeling they are nervous of him too.

They are aquantiances really but I can feel myself getting angry thinking about it so can't see me "fighting a path to be friend"

Moli
14-10-2007, 10:08 PM
How irresponsible to think it funny, no dog should bite, totally the owners fault!! makes me so angry!!!
Glad it was not too bad a bite Kazz, never the less it should not have happened..

dinahsmum
15-10-2007, 08:48 AM
Yorkies are often sparky little b****** aren't they?
Glad you're OK Kazz.

yola
15-10-2007, 09:37 AM
Glad the bite wasn't too bad, but I too am shocked at the attitude displayed by these people. And I agree, no point breaking down to door to be friends with people like that! :shock: Sounds like both dog and owners could so with some training (obedience and manners respectively)!

Donna
15-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Glad you ok except a bruise. Could of been worse. Thats the reason I am nervous of dogs - you cant tell which ones have been trained properly and which ones are allowed to run riot.

If it had bitten me I would of had to retaliate and thump it one!!!

Jac
15-10-2007, 05:37 PM
Glad the bite wasn't too bad, but I too am shocked at the attitude displayed by these people. And I agree, no point breaking down to door to be friends with people like that! :shock: Sounds like both dog and owners could so with some training (obedience and manners respectively)!

I agree 100 per cent Yola. Why do people with small dogs not see there just as much a danger as big dogs. Personally I dont think there fit to have one Kazz.

dandysmom
15-10-2007, 07:55 PM
Glad you ok except a bruise. Could of been worse. Thats the reason I am nervous of dogs - you cant tell which ones have been trained properly and which ones are allowed to run riot.

If it had bitten me I would of had to retaliate and thump it one!!!

My sentiments exactly!!!!

Grete
15-10-2007, 11:30 PM
That's awful Kazz :(

There is just no excuse for not training a dog (no matter the size) properly and letting it be snappy. Let alone thinking it's funny when they bite. If it was a child that could have been really bad for the dog and the child.

The owners should be made to undergo dog training classes.

babycakes
15-10-2007, 11:46 PM
How irrresponsible and to laugh...It beggars belief! I hope the bruise is ok today