PDA

View Full Version : Scooter and Jessie.

borderdawn
14-10-2007, 11:54 AM
My brother in law has had my Computer since Wednesday, so I have been unable to post since then.

Scooter and Jessie are both poorly old Cats now. Scooter has a heart problem, which he now seems to be responding well to with treatment, having had a major argument with the vet over him, twice! when Jessie wasnt well the other day, I refused to see her and saw another Vet, thankfully one who sees an old Cat and not an experiment in front of her. Jessie has an intestinal tumour (more than likely) it was thought it may be an enlarged kidney, but as the blood test results were normal for all organ function and blood cell counts, it appears the mass we can feel is a tumour. She is almost 19yrs old and despite her "off day" she has rallied and is now once again eating and drinking normally, and is playing on her Cat nip mat as she always has.

I dont know how long they will be with me, but while they are happy and enjoying a good quality of life, Im pleased to have them here knowing they are well within themselves.
Dawn.

Elaine
14-10-2007, 01:37 PM
Bles those dear old kitties xxx

Mags
14-10-2007, 01:37 PM
I'm so sorry to hear how poorly Scooter and Jessie are, Dawn :( I know how much you love all your animals and would never let them suffer unnecessary, it is such a sad time watching them grow old isn't it?:(

I'm pleased that they have both picked up and I hope it continues for a while yet..
Sending comforting vibes to Scooter and Jessie .... and ((((hugs)))) to you..x

Donna
14-10-2007, 05:01 PM
Hoping Scooter and Jessie continue to do well. I am sure they will with your care Dawn x

Moli
14-10-2007, 05:37 PM
Hope they continue to thrive Dawn........

dinahsmum
14-10-2007, 05:37 PM
Poor babies - it's awful seeing them diminish, isn't it? However, let's hope they both have significant happy time ahead.

Grete
14-10-2007, 06:00 PM
Sorry to hear your oldies are poorly Dawn :( I hate it when it comes to that time and you have to start thinking about what to do for the best. My heart goes out to you.

Hope they continue on for some time yet :)

*hugs*

borderdawn
14-10-2007, 07:20 PM
Many thanks all.
Dawn.

Kazz
14-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Hi Dawn

Age eh the battle we are destined only to draw with BUT never to win or loose. Oscar was diagnosed with CRF and given a few months at most 5 years later he was stil there, pottering around mostof all enjoying life very much. And when he didn't the time was right to part.

You get used to the slower side of life don't you, and like me I imagine you know them so well you can spot anything "not quite right" a mile off.

Best wishes to both of them and I am sure you'll have many more happy times ahead.
Take care Karen

yola
14-10-2007, 07:42 PM
You will do what needs to be done Dawn when it needs to be done; with a heavy heart, but with a clear conscience.

Glad to hear that that is not the case at present though and that Scooter and Jessie are responding to the treatments they are being given. Long may it continue!

dandysmom
14-10-2007, 09:01 PM
It's hard seeing them slowing down with age and ailments, isn't it, Dawn? A lot of us have been there I know you'll do what's kindest for them when the time comes; and hope that it will not be for a long, long time. (((hugs))) to you and a cuddle to Jessie and Scooter.....

Kay
14-10-2007, 09:27 PM
This is the only down side to being owned by our pets. It is so sad as they age but ata least we can do what is best for them and make their days left happy ones. I am sure you will do this and hopefully Jessie and Scooter will give you a good few more happy times.

{{{Hugs}}} to you all.

borderdawn
15-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Thanks all, much appreciated.

Jac
15-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Dawn I wish them continued good health. This is the heart breaking bit. It comes to all our babies. ((((()))) Hugs. You will know the "look" when the time comes and may that be quite some time from now.

babycakes
15-10-2007, 11:22 PM
I tried to post yesterday but the site crashed on me!! I'm sorry to hear that Scooter and Jessie are nearing the end of their journey. My cat, who was 18 had a similar condition and lived for a while with it we said we would know when the time was right and we got the chance to tell him we loved him and told him it was ok to go. You will know and don't forget you have filled their long lives with love and happiness X

borderdawn
16-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Dawn I wish them continued good health. This is the heart breaking bit. It comes to all our babies. ((((()))) Hugs. You will know the "look" when the time comes and may that be quite some time from now.

I tried to post yesterday but the site crashed on me!! I'm sorry to hear that Scooter and Jessie are nearing the end of their journey. My cat, who was 18 had a similar condition and lived for a while with it we said we would know when the time was right and we got the chance to tell him we loved him and told him it was ok to go. You will know and don't forget you have filled their long lives with love and happiness X

Thanks both, Im pleased to say Jessie seems to be back to normal!

Fran
16-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Dawn, I am sorry to be reading this news. I am thinking of you and Jessie and Scooter and hoping that decisions will not have to made yet. You have filled their lives with love and happiness and I hope that there will be time for more of that for them yet. Take care x

Mags
16-10-2007, 02:16 PM
I'm pleased to hear Jessie has improved Dawn..:D

Kay
16-10-2007, 07:15 PM
Glad Jessie is back to normal. How is Scooter?

Jac
16-10-2007, 09:00 PM
So glad Jessie is back to normal. Cant be bad:)

borderdawn
16-10-2007, 09:15 PM
Thanks all.

Scooter is fine on these tablets, he was the only cat that went out of the garden, via the front door, but since i stopped him doing that he's been fine. He used to rush to the end of the drive in case next doors Dog was there as she used to chase him, although she hasnt for over a year now, he still legged it in case, I think this was making him out of breath and exhausted, which is what we were seeing. Thankfully he's back to his normal self now and has accepted that the garden only is for him.

Thanks all for your concern, I did a little vid of them both last night, ill post it later.
Dawn.

dandysmom
16-10-2007, 09:31 PM
That's excellent news about Scooter!!!

random
16-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Glad they seem ok now Dawn. It is a dread when they get on. :(

Kay
16-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Glad Scooter is well as well. Look forward to seeing the vid of them both.

Grete
17-10-2007, 06:39 AM
Aww I'm so glad they have picked up :) I can't wait to see the video :)