PDA

View Full Version : Man jailed for killing cats!

dandysmom
11-10-2007, 09:19 PM
Not a pleasant thing to think of...poor cats! Hope it taught him a lesson....

http://www.nbc4.com/news/14317718/detail.html?dl=headlineclick

yola
11-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Good. Serve him right!

However, I understand the Humane Society isn't above euthanising healthy animals either . . . correct me if I'm wrong please, Eileen. :shock:

When I was quite small, my neighbour's Dad drowned some rabbits that bit my friend in their water butt - they had them as pets. I have to admit, being even only about 5 years old or so, to being completely sickened by it; just knowing it was so wrong. :(

dandysmom
11-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Good. Serve him right!

However, I understand the Humane Society isn't above euthanising healthy animals either . . . correct me if I'm wrong please, Eileen. :shock:

When I was quite small, my neighbour's Dad drowned some rabbits that bit my friend in their water butt - they had them as pets. I have to admit, being even only about 5 years old or so, to being completely sickened by it; just knowing it was so wrong. :(

No, unfortunately you're not wrong, Yola, they do. It's a mammoth problem with the number of animals, lack of space and not enough adopters. That's why I support an organization called Alley Cat Allies, which does trap/spay-neuter/release. We need more organizations like that...

Elaine
11-10-2007, 09:47 PM
I agree Eileen but what we REALLY need is for people to damned well neuter and spay their animals. That would help tremendously. I thinks its very sad that every day hundreds of healthy animals are pts but the reality is, as ever, that there simply aren't enough homes etc to go round.

Kay
11-10-2007, 09:48 PM
It is awful and hopefully he has learned his lesson. Somehow I doubt it though. My Grandad used to drown the kittens on his farm. I never liked him.

dandysmom
11-10-2007, 09:49 PM
I agree Eileen but what we REALLY need is for people to damned well neuter and spay their animals. That would help tremendously. I thinks its very sad that every day hundreds of healthy animals are pts but the reality is, as ever, that there simply aren't enough homes etc to go round.

Oh, amen, sister, you are preaching to the choir!!!

Elaine
11-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Oh, amen, sister, you are preaching to the choir!!!

I know:oops: :lol:

Socks
12-10-2007, 03:23 AM
That makes me so mad >:C It's like on animal planet, some guy was experimenting on "how long kittens will live without food or water" Sadly, one of the rescued kittens died, but all the others lived. Still.. I can't stand people like that >:C

I mean..Cats are CUTE!...You just have to have no soul whatso ever just to kill a cat/kitten for no reason.