PDA

View Full Version : Repotting plants

dandysmom
09-10-2007, 09:28 PM
I just finished repotting another amaryllis, and wondered: do any of you use those plastic packaging peanuts in the bottom of the pot for drainage instead of pebbles? I have for years, they're much lighter!

Mags
09-10-2007, 09:35 PM
I haven't used the small peanut shaped ones but I do use the polystyrene packaging pieces which I break up. Trouble is when you break it up all the little pieces just stick to you everywhere! :lol:

You save on alot of compost by using them too...

Elaine
09-10-2007, 09:36 PM
I think I must have dyslexia, I kept reading this thread as reporting plants:roll: I was wondering why, what have they dont and who do you report them to? I also thought you had lost it Eileen:oops: :lol: :lol:

Moli
09-10-2007, 09:38 PM
I think I must have dyslexia, I kept reading this thread as reporting plants:roll: I was wondering why, what have they dont and who do you report them to? I also thought you had lost it Eileen:oops: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: Elaine! do not think its DM that has lost it!!!;) :lol: :lol:

dandysmom
09-10-2007, 09:44 PM
I think I must have dyslexia, I kept reading this thread as reporting plants:roll: I was wondering why, what have they dont and who do you report them to? I also thought you had lost it Eileen:oops: :lol: :lol:
Hee hee, Elaine, I've only had one glass of wine! And we have what we refer to nastily as the Weed Police...government agency that cites you if your grass is too tall or the property is weedy; suppose I could report naughty plants to them......:-D

Oh and thanks, that gave me the best laugh I've had in days......

dandysmom
09-10-2007, 09:46 PM
I haven't used the small peanut shaped ones but I do use the polystyrene packaging pieces which I break up. Trouble is when you break it up all the little pieces just stick to you everywhere! :lol:

You save on alot of compost by using them too...

OMG, yes, I hate, hate hate that!!! and they stick to Leia's fur too!!!

Elaine
09-10-2007, 09:53 PM
Hee hee, Elaine, I've only had one glass of wine! And we have what we refer to nastily as the Weed Police...government agency that cites you if your grass is too tall or the property is weedy; suppose I could report naughty plants to them......:-D

Oh and thanks, that gave me the best laugh I've had in days......

Do you think they might have a correction facility for unruly plants:lol: :lol: :lol:

dandysmom
09-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Hee hee again, I wish they did; I'd report the bamboo and catbriar which are very unruly; trying to take over the back yard!!

Elaine
09-10-2007, 10:04 PM
Right enough is enough!!!

Call the bamboo bobbies and the catbriar cops!!!
These devils MUST be cultivated, lashed and rehabilitated imediately.
:lol: