PDA

View Full Version : a few little things

swerv
09-10-2007, 01:40 PM
right a few little things wth the kittens that i find weird/painfull:

climbing up my leg everytime i go near the kitchen worktops, although it will be fun to see the look on peoples faces when they do it to them, dont want a big heavy adult cat hanging off my legs....lol not a huge problem how do i re-enforce good behaviour?

wierd one now - boy cat suckles? do they grow out of these as cat spit smells a bit:lol:

finally is it weird they drink out of glasses, and not their bowl?

so until the next episode of strange behaviour............................

dinahsmum
09-10-2007, 05:21 PM
All things are transient - as long as you don't encourage/reinforce the behaviour.

I think most kittens do the 'stick in claws, climb straight up legs' thing. It hurts. Discourage by psst, psst, psst -ing. It could be dangerous if you have the kettle or a hot pan in your hands. They do grow out of it fairly early.

I think suckling is a fairly common trait. If you don't like it, try to divert him onto another activity ... maybe brush him, or play with a feather or whatever. If you don't discourage, and if he enjoys it, he will probably continue.

Third question ... absolutely not! Someone started a thread on how to stop their cat drinking from their bedside glass of water - lots of replies but everyone came up with the same answer - you can't stop 'em - take your water in a bottle! :)

babycakes
09-10-2007, 09:12 PM
I have to say Denis only claws my legs when I have jeans on (how does he know?)

Kay
09-10-2007, 11:22 PM
They sound perfectly normal to me and definitely not weird. Just being kittens/cats.