PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks

Rosie
08-10-2007, 02:48 PM
Well my little Alfie was playing out in the back yesterday evening when one of the neighbours started letting off fireworks. I was worried that he may run off because it was extremely loud but between bangs my little man came running in looking back at the door then looking at me as if to say what the h*** is going on! I just told him it was fine and carried on doing what I was doing. Holly the dog put her head out the cat flap to see what was happening and Rosie balloon just sat at the top of the stairs yawning because the bangs had woken her up!!:lol:

Anyway within minutes of things quieting down Alfie went back outside so I am assuming he wasn't too traumatised. Don't have to worry now come bonfire night. Incidentally he is not anywhere need a road and my garden backs on to fields so no prospect of him becoming involved with the fireworks but just so glad he doesn't seem frightened of the noise.

Moli
08-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Although they do not bother him, I would keep him in all the time they are going off,:) usually they last about a week!:roll:

dandysmom
08-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Lucky you! We had a thread about this a while back; seems that the majority of cats aren't particularly spooked by fireworks, but some are!!

Moli
08-10-2007, 04:48 PM
My lot do not bother at all either....

Kay
09-10-2007, 11:26 PM
I would definitely keep him in. Because he isn't frightened he may get picked up by kids and you know the horrid things that some kids do. Better safe than sorry.