PDA

View Full Version : I just saw

Jac
07-10-2007, 12:15 PM
My first robin of the winter:D . It wasn't here long enough to get a photo though.

Jane
07-10-2007, 12:17 PM
Aww :) Never any birds around my garden anymore..Patch would probably eat them :roll:

dandysmom
07-10-2007, 03:57 PM
Cool! Your robins don't migrate South in Winter...??

MrsH
07-10-2007, 04:03 PM
Our robins are here all year round. We had some nesting in the hedges of our garden this year, and in the Winter they're regular visitors at our bird table.

dandysmom
07-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Ours from the colder Northern states do migrate South, but we have them year round here in Washington...large flocks sometimes, Nice!

MrsH
07-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Ours from the colder Northern states do migrate South, but we have them year round here in Washington...large flocks sometimes, Nice!
That's really interesting because our robins are rather solitary (apart from their mate!) and are very aggressive to any other robin in their patch. We've seen some really nasty attacks when a new robin has strayed into another's territory.

dandysmom
07-10-2007, 04:42 PM
That's really interesting because our robins are rather solitary (apart from their mate!) and are very aggressive to any other robin in their patch. We've seen some really nasty attacks when a new robin has strayed into another's territory.

Ours are really thrushes; called robins because the red breast reminded the early colonists of the English robin, which isn't related..They're very gregarious!

http://www.birdperch.com/images/American_Robin-11.jpg

Moli
07-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Ours are really thrushes; called robins because the red breast reminded the early colonists of the English robin, which isn't related..They're very gregarious!

http://www.birdperch.com/images/American_Robin-11.jpg
Thats a beautiful bird, thanks for posting it DM:)

I have 2 robins in the garden at the moment...

dandysmom
07-10-2007, 07:56 PM
Thats a beautiful bird, thanks for posting it DM:)

I have 2 robins in the garden at the moment...

We do have some colorful birds: cardinals, blue jays, catbird, mocking bird...I posted our goldfinch already and our feral pigeon. Do you think people might like to see some of the others? Not my pics, they won't sit still long enough to get a pic!!

Moli
07-10-2007, 08:35 PM
We do have some colorful birds: cardinals, blue jays, catbird, mocking bird...I posted our goldfinch already and our feral pigeon. Do you think people might like to see some of the others? Not my pics, they won't sit still long enough to get a pic!!
I would love to see some of your birds DM, sure others would too

Mags
07-10-2007, 08:47 PM
I would love to see the birds you have there as well, please Eileen...:D

dandysmom
07-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Some birds will be forthcoming! Dial-up is slow..........

dandysmom
07-10-2007, 09:53 PM
Ran into a problem! Copied 4 pics to Desktop, attached them to the post with the Resizer/Uploader and while they showed when I did Open, after I'd attached them to the post the pics wouldn't show at all, just the string of characters...and wouldn't open at all when you clicked on it...??? Very odd. Will try later with a different series of pics...sorry