PDA

View Full Version : New Business Venture (maybe)

yola
04-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Well, as some of you might know, we have finally decided to move house after nearly 11 years! We'll be spending the next few months getting the place up to scratch, but the plan will be to move out into a more rural area, but still within shouting distance of the boys' schools and the office (which itself is rural).

The new house will need to have quite a bit of land because we're planning something quite exicting . . .

Now that we have a full compliment of staff here in the translation agency, I can step back and just act as a Marketing Director - i.e., helping generate new business and awareness and then I can look at a new venture; something I've wanted to do for a looong time . . .. open a cattery!! :-D :-D :-D

OH has even been online investigating what's out there and how much they charge/what the set up costs are. So, all being well, if we find the right house this can be a goer!!

I would also like to maybe have a small persian rescue running on the side, part funded by the cattery business (but OH doesn't know about that yet). ;)

Jac
04-10-2007, 10:20 AM
Oh Yola that sounds really exiting! Good for you. Go for it. I think there's a few here who would love that. Me included.

smudgley
04-10-2007, 10:54 AM
OOh how exciting Yola, we looked into this a couple of years ago as we were going to do this. The council were really helpful & all the places we approached about buying cat pens were great too. We decided that as my husband would possibly need to give up work to run it, we wouldn't go ahead. Really excited for you Yola. keep us updated.

kado
04-10-2007, 11:31 AM
That's brilliant its something i would love too do lets us know how you get on with it

Elaine
04-10-2007, 11:46 AM
How very exciting indeed:D I wish you every success xxx

charliebubs
04-10-2007, 12:44 PM
How wonderful Yola!!! and so exciting!!!!

I actually looked into this a couple of years ago with a friend. We were going to move to Lincs and do it, but really struggled with the council there granting planning permission for it. All the properties we were interested in, they said were too near residential areas :( and we couldn't afford to go more rural :cry:

I still have a folder full of info and also the FAB guide to opening and running a cattery (RRP about £30 :shock:) if you would like that? It's just gathering dust at home, so you're welcome to it. :)

Keep us updated with the plans :)

babycakes
04-10-2007, 01:14 PM
What a great venture. Sounds very exciting and you sound very excited. It's something I have thought a lot about. There will be a lot of support and advice from members here throughout I'm sure. Good luck and of course we will need before and after pics etc X

Mags
04-10-2007, 01:40 PM
What an exciting venture Yola! I really hope you can find the right place for you and make your dream come true. That would be perfect for you and I wish you every success! :D

yola
04-10-2007, 01:58 PM
The house we looked at today was a no-no. The grounds were perfect, but the house was completely stripped of any character - really slickly 'property developed' but not to our liking at all. So we will carry on looking!

Charlie - thanks, that's great if you do have that info available. Rather than take it off you right now, I'll hold on till we're a little further down the line; at least till we get our house on the market! I'll only loose it in the major clearing out blitz I'm planning over the next couple of months :roll:

Grete
04-10-2007, 02:49 PM
That sounds fantastic Yola! Hope you find the perfect place :)

dandysmom
04-10-2007, 04:09 PM
Yola, how wonderful that you may be able to fulfill a long-time dream! I do hope you can locate a suitable house very soon; best of luck to you!! Do keep us posted!

Kazz
04-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Yola I wish you the best of luk with your new venture sounds brillliant.
You sound happier even writing it, so putting it into action will bring you past cloud nine I imagine. Being home when the boys are older will be brilliant too.

Karen

Karen

Kay
04-10-2007, 07:02 PM
How exciting Yola. Good luck with finding the right property.

Kim
04-10-2007, 08:29 PM
Sounds great Yola, I wish you all the luck with your new venture which I am sure will be a great success,

charliebubs
04-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Charlie - thanks, that's great if you do have that info available. Rather than take it off you right now, I'll hold on till we're a little further down the line; at least till we get our house on the market! I'll only loose it in the major clearing out blitz I'm planning over the next couple of months :roll:

Just say when, Yola :)

dinahsmum
05-10-2007, 09:13 AM
Exciting! (and scarey!)

Emm
06-10-2007, 09:21 AM
wow it sounds great - good luck hope you find the perfect place soon :D