PDA

View Full Version : **New British Kittens Arriving soon**

DEE3
03-10-2007, 08:19 PM
My Kittens are arriving this weekend, yeehhh cannot wait

A beautiful Blue shorthair and a lilac colourpoint they are from separate litters and wondered if anyone knew if they had kittens themself in the future what colour would they be.

And secondly can anyone give me any advise on cat litter seems a bit of a mine field?

First time ive posted

thanks dee

alexgirl73
03-10-2007, 08:40 PM
HI and welcome! Cant help out of the colour issue I'm afraid, it all goes waaaayy over my head lol. But when it comes to cat litter I know a lot of people use worlds best as it's flushable, if expensive. I personally use a clumping litter with an added scent to it which I find very good. Ask your breeder what she uses at the moment and get that to begin with!

Why not introduce yourself properly in the introductions section!

DEE3
03-10-2007, 08:45 PM
Yes ive heard about the clumping litter will definately give it a try. thanks

I didnt realise i had to introduce myself i will have a wonder in there and see what ive got to do, iam a bit of a novice,sorry, just want to get as much advise and support before my babies arrive.

alexgirl73
03-10-2007, 08:49 PM
lol, you dont HAVE to introduce yourself, it's just that we're a nosy bunch and like to find out loads about each other lol!
Ask as many questions as you like, you'll usually find someone on here who can help. Very much looking forward to hearing all about your furbabies!

DEE3
03-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Well you already no iam a bit daft,...lol.... i dont mind nosey i am myself

will no doubt be asking lots of silly things!?

Just found a website called zoopets which seems realy reasonable going to buy a cat bed and carrier.. uless anyone else nos of anywhere else of the net that is good.

xxx

Mags
03-10-2007, 08:58 PM
Hi Dee, welcome to Catsey!

We look forward to hearing more about your new kittens when they arrive home ........ maybe you would like to make an introduction then and tell us all about them...:D Here is a link to our "Introduction" thread ......

http://www.catsey.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54

DEE3
03-10-2007, 09:14 PM
Just done a little introduction hope its ok! thanks for the link

dee

alexgirl73
03-10-2007, 09:19 PM
Never used this lot before but it might be worth a look!

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/

borderdawn
03-10-2007, 10:02 PM
I use clumping CAt litter from "Pettex" my 3 British shorthairs use it and its excellent.

dandysmom
03-10-2007, 10:20 PM
Do use what they're used to at first; then you can gradually change it to one you prefer. I personally dislike scented litter, and so have my cats........

sarahd
03-10-2007, 10:45 PM
I use clumping litter but also find Worlds Best is good for kittens who seem to enjoy eating it at first.

Good luck
Sarah
x

yola
04-10-2007, 09:44 AM
I use clumping CAt litter from "Pettex" my 3 British shorthairs use it and its excellent.

Me too - all my persians and my old mog from a few years back all got on with petex very well :D But it's a good idea with small kittens to first off use what the breeder uses and then gradually introduce new things as they grow and get used to their new environment.

Kay
04-10-2007, 06:56 PM
As a breeder I always give a bag of the litter the kittens are used to just to keep continuity. Find out what they are used to and use that while they settle in changing it gradually if you want to. My kittens are used to Catsan.

As for the colour of kittens I need a bit more information. Which is the male and which is the female? Can you let me know the parents colour/ I should then be able to tell you the possible colours from this mating. Have you bought them on the active register? If not they shouldn't be bred from as kittens cannot be registered from non-active registered cats. If you have bought them for breeding why don't you join the breeders section for help and advice on all aspects of breeding.
Please post some pics asap.

babycakes
04-10-2007, 09:17 PM
Can't wait for pics of them (don't forget to show us, in all the excitment)

dinahsmum
05-10-2007, 09:14 AM
How exciting!
New member Swerv has just got two bsh kittens too - you'll have to talk!
Agree about litter - what they're used to first and if you want to change Worlds Best is good and you can flush it down the loo