PDA

View Full Version : Worried about Topsey

suzanne118
02-10-2007, 08:42 PM
My 12 year old cat Topsey, has been getting ill a couple of hrs after she has eaten! if it keeps up we are going to take her to the vet!

Mags
02-10-2007, 08:48 PM
When you say ill, has she been vomiting?

How long has she been reacting like this?

suzanne118
02-10-2007, 08:49 PM
yer she has been vomiting, today it started

Mags
02-10-2007, 08:58 PM
Does she have access to outdoors? Maybe she has picked up something that doesn't agree with her. I wouldn't give her anything else to eat tonight and tomorrow try her with some boiled chicken or white fish to see if she can keep that down ... make sure she has plenty of fresh water there. Hopefully in a couple of days she will be feeling better ...... if not a visit to the vet may be advisable.

It is worrying for you and I hope Topsey will be feeling a bit better tomorrow. Let us know how she is.....

suzanne118
02-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Does she have access to outdoors? Maybe she has picked up something that doesn't agree with her. I wouldn't give her anything else to eat tonight and tomorrow try her with some boiled chicken or white fish to see if she can keep that down ... make sure she has plenty of fresh water there. Hopefully in a couple of days she will be feeling better ...... if not a visit to the vet may be advisable.

It is worrying for you and I hope Topsey will be feeling a bit better tomorrow. Let us know how she is.....

yer she does go outside! Thanks fro advice will do that!

dinahsmum
02-10-2007, 09:14 PM
That's good advice Suzanne. Hope Topsey will be much better in the morning

Elaine
02-10-2007, 09:30 PM
When she vomits, is it food or saliva? Any other symptoms such as lethargy, excessive drinking/urinating? Is she toileting ok? How does her coat look? Is she eating more than normal/less than normal? Has she lost weight recently? Is she crying/hiding?
As she is an elderly puss, I would probably have her checked out at a vets to be on the safe side.
It may be nothing more than a tummy upset but cats are masters of disguise when it comes to illness.

suzanne118
02-10-2007, 09:39 PM
When she vomits, is it food or saliva? Any other symptoms such as lethargy, excessive drinking/urinating? Is she toileting ok? How does her coat look? Is she eating more than normal/less than normal? Has she lost weight recently? Is she crying/hiding?
As she is an elderly puss, I would probably have her checked out at a vets to be on the safe side.
It may be nothing more than a tummy upset but cats are masters of disguise when it comes to illness.

Is it food or saliva? Food

Any other symptoms such as lethargy, excessive drinking/urinating? No

Is she toileting ok? yer she seems ok

How does her coat look? its ok

Is she eating more than normal/less than normal? she has been eating more and then getting sick

Has she lost weight recently? yer i think she has gone down in weight a little

Is she crying/hiding? No!

we are going to see how she is tomorrow! and then take her to the vet

Elaine
02-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Sorry for all the questions but I worry about the oldies xxx
If she had eaten something that didnt agree and made her feel sick then i would have expected her to be eating less or nothing. I may be wrong as all cats are different but thats always been my experience.
If she is eating more, being sick and losing weight then i think it really needs to be kept an eye on and vet checked.
I really dont want to sound like a worry wart and I certainly dont want to alarm you. As I said before it may be nothing much to worry about but it may also be the start of an over active thyroid or kidney problems.

suzanne118
02-10-2007, 09:52 PM
Sorry for all the questions but I worry about the oldies xxx
If she had eaten something that didnt agree and made her feel sick then i would have expected her to be eating less or nothing. I may be wrong as all cats are different but thats always been my experience.
If she is eating more, being sick and losing weight then i think it really needs to be kept an eye on and vet checked.
I really dont want to sound like a worry wart and I certainly dont want to alarm you. As I said before it may be nothing much to worry about but it may also be the start of an over active thyroid or kidney problems.

Thankyou so Much for your help :)
i will keep my eye on her tonight and tomorrow, and will get her to the vet soon.

dandysmom
02-10-2007, 10:59 PM
Please let us know how Topsey is doing! Hope she'll be better tomorrow ..

Kay
03-10-2007, 02:53 PM
How's Topsey today? I hope she is feeling better.