PDA

View Full Version : Cats + Rain = ?

Darky
01-10-2007, 01:33 PM
I'm amused.

I just heard what sounded like a child screaming - I ignored it, because we get idiotic children around here screaming often.

But when I heard it again, I decided to go to the back door..

It was not a child.

It was a drenched Honey, meowing his head off - he shot in the door and immediately tangled himself around my legs, purring and meowing like mad as if to say, "My savior!"

I've dried him off with a towel and have given him a snack. XD Poor little baby.

So, I was wondering what your cats are like with rain!

My old cat Tiger absolutely despised it, and would avoid it as much as physically possible. (Just like she didn't like walking in long grass.)

Our oldie Spike, however, is a madcat. I swear he must love the rain. He always, guaranteed, comes home soaked when it's been raining - Tiger, on the other hand, would seek shelter and come back dry even if there had been a storm.

He also enjoys just sitting outside the back door so that he can watch the rain. He does nothing else, just stares out at the rain until he wants to come in again.

Grete
01-10-2007, 01:52 PM
Heheh Bubbles is like Honey, she hates the rain and wails at the back door to be let in. She sometimes hides under the shed at the bottom of the garden if she's caught out and when we call her, she makes a break for it and zooms up and into the house, skidding on the lino as she tries and stops :lol:

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that dries my furbaby off with a towel (it's her own towel too), my friend laughs at me :oops:

Darky
01-10-2007, 01:53 PM
XD Awww.

I can't help but dry them off! I feel sorry for them otherwise, and I can't cuddle them if they're dripping everywhere. :-D

Grete
01-10-2007, 02:14 PM
Hehe that's how I feel too ;)

babycakes
01-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Denis used to always run in when it even spat!!! but now he stays out in it. Comes in drenched and I dry him off too. (But then he gets his feet wiped when he comes in even when its not raining).

Erin
01-10-2007, 03:31 PM
Jerry isnt at all bothered by the rain.I dont think Milo will be either he loves the water!!!Not sure about Tinkey yet

Moli
01-10-2007, 03:32 PM
4 of mine hate it, but 1...Merlin goes out and gets soaked without batting an eyelid!!!

dandysmom
01-10-2007, 04:16 PM
Mine were indoor only cats but walked daily on their harnesses. Misty, Dandy and Patches would dash for home at even the slightest first drop; but Sultan was determined to have his walk, rain or no rain, and would stride along with his ears back and a disgruntled look on his face! It was funny to see him, and the looks I got from passersby who saw me walking a cat in the rain were even funnier!!

MrsH
01-10-2007, 05:28 PM
Hasn't everyone got a special towel for drying off wet kitties? Ours is blue!
Because we've got a cat flap they tend not to get too wet, they just come charging in at about 100 MPH. :lol:
When it's raining and they need to go out into the garden, they'll stick their noses out of the cat flap and decide to ask for the front door to be opened instead. Just in case it isn't raining out the front, I suppose!
We tell them it's all the same world but they don't believe us!

Grete
01-10-2007, 05:41 PM
When it's raining and they need to go out into the garden, they'll stick their noses out of the cat flap and decide to ask for the front door to be opened instead. Just in case it isn't raining out the front, I suppose!

Hahaha Bubbles does that! She goes to the patio door (her usual exit) and begs to go out and in spite of telling her it's raining, she insists so they door gets opened. She looks at it then at us accusingly then stalks off. Moments later she's at the kitchen door asking and we repeat ;)

Jane
01-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Patch doesn't really mind it lol. He usually goes and sleeps in the (empty) chicken pen but it doesn't really bother him being out in it..he sometimes comes in looking all cute and soggy haha. Meow doesn't really care either :P

Mags
01-10-2007, 06:23 PM
Cassie hates the rain ........ if she's out when it starts she makes a mad dash for the cat flap, shoots through it and skids on the kitchen floor! :lol:

Oh and she has her own towel too ......... a white one!! :lol:

dandysmom
01-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Hasn't everyone got a special towel for drying off wet kitties? Ours is blue!
Because we've got a cat flap they tend not to get too wet, they just come charging in at about 100 MPH. :lol:

Sultan used to do that all the time, not just rainy weather, cold weather! I used to tell him he was looking for the door into Summer!

Wouldn't it be nice if there were one? :)

sammy
01-10-2007, 11:32 PM
My little Purdie had her first real experience of rain last week - she was most perplexed! :lol:

One paw went out, came back, shook it, other paw went out, shook it etc. :-D

My Des always goes out in the rain, comes back soaked and immediately wants to cuddle up to me :shock: His fur goes sort of crimped when it dries too :lol:

Kay
03-10-2007, 03:04 PM
I don't know how mine would react to the rain as they are indoor cats. Knowing how daft Persians are I should imagine they would just sit there looking up at the sky getting soaking wet.

TraceyR
10-10-2007, 07:09 PM
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that dries my furbaby off with a towel (it's her own towel too), my friend laughs at me

ah now that would be me (the friend who laughs that is :-D )

one of my cats hates the rain and wont go anywhere near it, the other always comes in totally drenched. No towel drying from me though :-P

Grete
10-10-2007, 11:21 PM
ah now that would be me (the friend who laughs that is :-D )

one of my cats hates the rain and wont go anywhere near it, the other always comes in totally drenched. No towel drying from me though :-P

Lol yep it's you!!!!

*hugs*