PDA

View Full Version : Tabby Point Siamese Show....

charliebubs
30-09-2007, 06:21 PM
Red made his show debut yesterday at the Tabby Point Siamese Show, with a strange outcome!!!

It has transpired that Red isn't actually a red tabby point :shock: :shock: he's a cream tabby point (which is a dilute of red!) :roll:

Due to this, he wasn't placed in any classes except one side class (where he came second out of 5 cats), which was quite a disappointment :( However, I spoke to some of the judges afterwards and it was indicated that had he been registered correctly he would have done really well, perhaps even making best of breed!!

So, I'll be re-registering him and taking him back out to a show as soon as possible!!! ;)

Here are some pics of yesterday............

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o89/charliebubs/110_1939.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o89/charliebubs/110_1940.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o89/charliebubs/110_1943.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o89/charliebubs/110_1942.jpg

babycakes
30-09-2007, 06:33 PM
That must have been confusing and frustrating. He is very beautiful and looks like he was well behaved

Mags
30-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Whatever colour he's supposed to be, he is still a winner in my eyes Charlie!

These colours can be so confusing :roll: I think Fran had the same problem over colour with Bliss, didn't she?

Grete
30-09-2007, 06:46 PM
I have no idea on breed colours etc but is a shame there was confusion and he didn't win.

Gorgeous cat :)

charliebubs
30-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Whatever colour he's supposed to be, he is still a winner in my eyes Charlie!

These colours can be so confusing :roll: I think Fran had the same problem over colour with Bliss, didn't she?

It is confusing, Mags!!!

Red's can come in different shades/brightnesses too - so I just thought he wasn't a vert bright red, or that it hadn't developed much yet. I never considered that he could be a cream :?

Yes, Fran did have a similar problem with Bliss. From what I gathered at yesterday's show - it can happen quite a bit. At least I'm finding out now though and it's still early days.

As always - I know I brought the best cat home with me!!! ;)

borderdawn
30-09-2007, 07:33 PM
Still a good experience for his first show, and now "red" is "cream," he can start winning!
Dawn.

dandysmom
30-09-2007, 09:10 PM
How frustrating for you, Charlie, but it's early days, and once he's reregistered it will be a whole new ballgame! Rosettes galore!

sarahd
30-09-2007, 09:35 PM
Good luck for his future shows Charlie

Sarah
x

Jac
01-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Aww Charlie that must have made you feel both bad and good! Yes confusing to say the least. A good pointer for the future shows though. Well done.

Kay
01-10-2007, 07:35 PM
What a shame Charlie but at least you have got it sorted while he is still a kitten. The reds and creams can be very difficult to identify the correct colour because of the range of red/cream. You can have a hot cream or a pale red. All very confusing.

He is gorgeous though and I am sure he will excel at his next show.

yola
01-10-2007, 07:53 PM
He's still a super-looking boy! You'll have to change his name to Eric :shock: (Clapton . . . as in Cream :roll: )

dinahsmum
01-10-2007, 08:14 PM
This colour thing is odd; I remember Fran's issues with Blaiss too but it's not held them back - prizes galore now. Let's hope that's an omen for my lovely fRed

dinahsmum
01-10-2007, 08:17 PM
He's still a super-looking boy! You'll have to change his name to Eric :shock: (Clapton . . . as in Cream :roll: )
Very good Yola - it wasn't Clapton who wrote Lady in Red was it? Got a horrible feeling it was Chris de Burgh but I also know Clapton wrote something very schmaltzy too ....

charliebubs
02-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Thanks ladies! I know that the colourings can be difficult to guess at a young age and it's no-body's fault. Just one of those things!!

I'm not going to change his name though - Red has stuck now!! Plus, as someone else said, I can say that I have named him Red after the colour of the rosettes he'll be winning (first place is red!) :)

charliebubs
04-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Here's the judge's report from the show. It's such a shame that Red was registered wrong - the judge seems to have loved him :?

I'm so proud of my baby!!!! :):):)

Wrong colour: BILLSTES RED SENSATION 32/5 9/04/07

I was very disappointed that I could not place this very stylish kitten of overall excellent type. Large ears of very good shape and excellent set. Very good top of head. Excellent even profile, correct bite and strong chin. Bright blue eyes of good depth, very well set and excellent shape. Long firm body of excellent type. Long slender legs, very neat paws. Tail of good length and taper. Short close lying coat of pleasing texture. Unfortunately he is not red but rather a Cream as was clearly evidenced in his fully coloured ears. A great pity I was unable to place him. A very attractive kitten shown in excellent condition, very good natured lad

dandysmom
04-10-2007, 04:28 PM
What a glowing report!! Bodes well for future shows when he's shown as a cream!!!

Mags
04-10-2007, 05:42 PM
You couldn't get a better report than that Charlie ....just wait til he is re-registered, I bet he'll steal the Show!! :D

Kazz
04-10-2007, 06:25 PM
What a glowing report the others better stand back when he is registered in the right class.

Karen

Annestaff
04-10-2007, 06:32 PM
What a great report no wonder your proud :D

Kay
04-10-2007, 07:13 PM
That's a brilliant report Charlie. The next one will be placed 1st. At least it is all settled now. Cory was going for his last CC when his open judge decided he was a chocolate not a black. Luckily the judge at his next show awarded it him. Suffice to say Cory is definitely a black.
Good luck Red as a cream.