PDA

View Full Version : Resturant/Food choices

Kazz
29-09-2007, 11:17 PM
Stole this from Dogsey :oops: but thought it was a good idea for a thread,

If someone offered to take you out to dinner, what type of food would you want and is there a fav restaurant you'd want them to take you too .......................explanations are always good as to why you give answers remember

And where was the best meal you have ever eaten for whatever reason - the company you were with, the reason behind the meal.....

So two questions there.

Grete
30-09-2007, 12:45 AM
Good thread :)

My tastes in food are very simple. I don't like hot and spicy and don't really like very strong tasting food.

If someone offered to take me out for dinner I would choose to go to a Tex Mex type of place because there is so much choice and even a fussy someone like me can find something I like.

The best meal I've ever eaten was when my husband proposed to me. He took me to an Italian Restaurant in Stockton on Tees (where we were living at the time). We'd just finished the starter and were waiting for the main course to come and I was snacking on a bread roll. I remember this vividly because as said :

"We've had the starter and before we have the main course.... will you marry me?".

I was so stunned I proceeded to choke on the piece of bread roll I was eating :roll:

Good timing or what???. Anyway, when I could speak, I said yes and he gave me a beautiful amethyst and diamond ring and no ambulances had to be called :mrgreen:

Seriously the best meal ever!

dandysmom
30-09-2007, 02:31 AM
Wow, lovely story, Grete! Depends on who I was going out to dinner with: I'd prefer Thai food at Busara because I love hot and spicy so would go there with like-minded friends; with others would go for Chinese because there would be Szechwan hot stuff for me and blander Cantonese for my friends. I can't really single out any one especially memorable meal.

dinahsmum
30-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Great story Grete! Can't top it.

Best meals/restaurants? All place related.
The Galle Face Hotel, Colombo, Sri Lanka. Eating on the beachside (despite the best efforts of the management to make us eat inside and receive all the attention etc). Sound of the sea a few feet away, balmy (hot!) tropical night, moon on the ocean, sound of the cicadas, flying foxes in the trees, waiters kitted out in white uniform with braid and buttons, beautiful seafood - magic!
A restaurant on Santorini with possibly the best view ever. Outside, overlooking the bay, with all the little 'volcano tops', boats, blue sky etc etc. Possibly the most expensive aubergine and half bottle of wine lunch ever!
The taverna at Avlaki, Lesvos. A mile walk along the beach/beachside from our accomodation. Walk there in the evening sun and eat the simple Greek food, at the water's edge whilst the sun goes down and turns the sea red. For after? - pick a couple of figs from the tree above the table.

And what do I like/what would I chose for an evening out? Depends on mood really but a good simple fish restaurant takes a lot of beating. Grilled fresh fish and a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc, creme brulee for after - that'll be lovely! When shall we go? :)