PDA

View Full Version : 12th place

dinahsmum
28-09-2007, 12:44 PM
My pumpkin came 12th in the allotment 'who can grow the biggest pumpkin' competition :roll: It weighed in at 11kg. Not a lot but I did think I had lost the plant back in the monsoon, so ... The winner was over 100kg :shock: . Actually the grower of the winning pumpkin also grew the 2nd, 3rd and 4th heaviest specimens, but thankfully didn't enter them, otherwise I would have been 16th! :)
Those 4 monsters went off to 'Monkey World' and were apparently enjoyed for breakfast on Wednesday - the programme showing it will be broadcast next August!
I meant to take the camera and take a pic of my baby this morning but forgot it, as ever. Anyway, it's still growing and is a lovely golden colour. It's curently about the size of a basketball. I guess it is destined for soup, unless the kids up the road want it for a halloween lantern (seems a terrible waste!)

Kazz
28-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Congratulations Hilary.

Enjoy it, however it ends its life.

dinahsmum
28-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Commiserations would be more apt Kazz - three of the juniors grew bigger specimens than my attempt :?

dandysmom
28-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Well, 12th is definitely better than 16th!! :-D I think you did very well considering the weird weather this season. Pumpkin soup?

dinahsmum
28-09-2007, 04:15 PM
Pumpkin soup?
Yes, roast pumpkin soup I think - but not yet. It's doing a sterling job occupying ground and keeping the weeds at bay at present .... and maybe it has a few more grammes to add? :)

Jane
28-09-2007, 06:09 PM
Well done ;)

Our pumpkins are really bad this year too lol...we had one small one that we gave to me nannan and have a tiny one growing at the moment..that's it :lol:

Nevermind, I hate pumpkin soup anyway..ewwwww.