PDA

View Full Version : Consultants Conclusion

Jac
27-09-2007, 02:21 PM
Well the pain clinic wasn't too bad. He only gave me a wee examination as I about hit the roof. He got the pain spots Bang on!
Conclusion. In about 4 weeks time i'm going to have steroid injections into my lower spine. I'll get a local anisthetic first. I'll lie face down under an ex ray machine and "be done". As I'm on opates already he can tweek about with them. Although as I'm so young (hehe) it means I'll be on really heavy duty opates when I'm old:roll: .
He recons he can improve my pain by 30 to 50 per cent:shock: :D .
He's fully booked for the next two weeks then off for two weeks then I'll be in! In a way I'm really chuffed but in another a bit afraid.

borderdawn
27-09-2007, 02:25 PM
hope you feel better when you have been Jac, best of luck.
Dawn.

Jac
27-09-2007, 02:27 PM
Thanks Dawn. It's a bit daunting but hey if it works:D

Erin
27-09-2007, 02:28 PM
awww Jac really really hope this works for you.Its only natural to feel a little nervous,you will be FINE though so try not to worry :D

Kazz
27-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Hey thats brilliant; where has this guy been....he sounds good.

Jac
27-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Aww thanks Erin. It's the getting on the table that will have my heart in my mouth. Oh and someone will have to come with me to drive me home:-D I would do it myself but I'd better not me thinks.

Erin
27-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Aww thanks Erin. It's the getting on the table that will have my heart in my mouth. Oh and someone will have to come with me to drive me home:-D I would do it myself but I'd better not me thinks.

hmmmm yes i think your right there :lol: do you have someone to take you?

Jac
27-09-2007, 02:51 PM
No not yet. Mum gave up her licence three years ago. Darryle isn't old enough. Hadn't really thought about that Erin. I could get a taxi.

Grete
27-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Well it sounds really positive Jac :) A reduction of 30-50% in pain would be so great for you :) Try not to worry too much in the run up to it.

*hugs*

Mags
27-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Good news Jac, I hope this will help alleviate a lot of your pain......:)

dandysmom
27-09-2007, 04:08 PM
That's great news, Jac! That would be a wonderful reduction in the pain; glad you found this place. It's natural to worry, but think how good it will be to have the pain alleviated. You will assuredly need someone to drive you home: when I had both cataract surgeries and the cancer surgery they insisted on it, even though I didn't want it...

dinahsmum
27-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Won't it be wonderful to lose some of your pain Jac? Just think beyond the day of the procedure to the benefits to come.

babycakes
27-09-2007, 07:05 PM
I hope it's a great success and you have less pain. Isn't it amazing how many women have lower back problems?

Jac
27-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Won't it be wonderful to lose some of your pain Jac? Just think beyond the day of the procedure to the benefits to come.

Fantastic!!!! They moved two hospitals into one. I think he got lost in the post.:lol: Glad my Doctor found him .