PDA

View Full Version : Combatting caternal thoughts...

Whiley
26-09-2007, 03:52 PM
I want a kitten.

Oh yes i do.

I have rattie babies at the moment, and its just not the same. I love my rattie bubs, butbutbut...

I really want a kitten. :(

Shelby is wanderful, but it would be so good to have my very own furbaby instead of caring for someone elses.

It won't happen for a while yet i imagine.
So how do i get over this?

alexgirl73
26-09-2007, 04:04 PM
awww, poor you! You'll have to spend lots of time with Shelby and be really sweet to your OH until he agrees to a kitten lol!

Kay
26-09-2007, 04:28 PM
Aww what an awful position to be in. I do hope you can have a kitten of your very own soon.

Grete
26-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Caternal Instinct is totally the right phrase for it ;)

I understand it since I am going through it atm really. All you can do is talk about it (to us), to your OH and anyone else who will listen and lavish love on Shelby. She might belong to someone else but YOU are the person that has changed her life for the better.

Maybe make a plan for it - the rat babies won't babies for ever and I don't know what you are planning with them but say pick a date in the future when you think it will work having rats and cats and say around then you will look for a kitten. Will give you something to look forwards too and the sense that it WILL happen, just in a while.

*hugs*

katz
26-09-2007, 06:58 PM
As a fellow rat owner suffering GMC (get more cats) I know how your feeling. My old boy stays with my parents, and me and my other half dont have the space or time for 6 rats and 2 kittens. ( he wants one to one day) So we have compromised and agreed that after my boys have passed on, I am allowed to get 2 kittens, one for him and one for me. I know that can be years away, buts its something I look forward to, while enjoying my rats while they are still with me. :) I love my little fuzzbuts. :L

Whiley
26-09-2007, 07:22 PM
If i have to wait til all my rats go it will be interesting! I have 19 of my own plus any others in my care at any one time!

I think i'd like a rescue, but i know there are particular breed rescues too, and i'd be interested in getting a breed that generally has a certain personality, simply as it will be my first kitten, i want a bit of guideline and predictability!

dandysmom
26-09-2007, 09:17 PM
Any particular breed you're interested in,Whiley? Abysinnians are wonderful cats; wouldn't think there'd be many available at a rescue, however......

Whiley
27-09-2007, 09:42 AM
Gah, i know so little about so few breeds, i like the look of ragdolls but i really don't know! Would love to see profiles of breeds on here or something, with owners accounts of them.

dandysmom
27-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Here's a good site with pretty complete breed info, think you might find it helpful! Also, good idea about having people comment on the characteristics of their breed and if they think the guidelines given are accurate...
http://animal.discovery.com/breedselector/catprofile.do?id=1000

babycakes
27-09-2007, 07:02 PM
What an excellent term caternal instincts I love it. I have that every minute of every day and if I lived on my own I would be known as the cat lady!!!! Anyway good luck in your search X