PDA

View Full Version : Forget the kidney stones

Kazz
26-09-2007, 03:34 PM
Forget the kidney stones, people itappears I yes may have kidney stones but unikely they are causing the trouble - I have gallbadder trouble. Not sure what exactly waiting for a scan/xray thingy.

Not sure if its gallstoes or not.

Erin
26-09-2007, 03:56 PM
oh Kazz (((hugs))) hope you find out whats wrong soon so something can be done about it,My dad had gallstones and was in alot of pain with them.

alexgirl73
26-09-2007, 04:02 PM
the good news is that if it is gallstones, then they can be removed very easily through keyhole surgery nowadays and you're back to normal within 2 weeks! fingers crossed for you Karen.

dandysmom
26-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Whatever it is, I'm so sorry its causing you all this pain...my friend had gallbladder surgery after a severe attack; he was up and about in about 10 days and back to normal. And he's a lot older than you, Karen, and in poor health. (((hugs)))

Kazz
26-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Thanks all. It was a hell of a day. But the pain got so bad I ended up being taken from work today to the hospital, how much of a show up is that....... I was throwing up and looked according to all at work I was about to pass out well it seems I do not have a kidney infection/stones, but either cholecystitis (gallbladder trouble) or maybe gallstones I have been booked in for a scan,/xray and they are now reasonably convinced I have gallbladder trouble.
Sent home with painkillers and antispasmodic sort of tablets to top the gallbladder contracting going into spasms, and told to avoid fat.....;)

I feel fine now (Thanks to the tablets and injection I got I think however what started as pain in my back has now become a pain up under my ribs on the right hand side, the pain/discomfort builds up then stays the same (ie agony). The pain got so bad today it ended up to sort of in my right shoulder, between shoulderblades - odd eh - also nausea and vomiting. So all in all not to good and work was not quite the place I wanted to be although they were very good.

I am home now, and am waiting for an appointment for a scan. But hospital have said if it reoccurs or gets worse to get there toot sweet or phone and ambulance.
Great eh.

Sorry to ramble think its the tablets. :) :) ;)

Kazz
26-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Oh I have been told not to darken works doorstep again until I feel 1000000% just rang my Doctors as instructed and told there was a Doctors note there for a month.....Nah is my response to that. I was not off a month post cancer and radiotheraphy...so no chance.

Hopefully the tablets will work.

Kazz
26-09-2007, 04:25 PM
I am rambling .....its the tablets I think. :) I'll shut up

dandysmom
26-09-2007, 04:28 PM
How awful! Don't be stoic, please, if it gets worse do just what they said and get yourself into the hospital! xxxx

Erin
26-09-2007, 04:29 PM
Ramble away as much as you like Kazz :D

Kazz
26-09-2007, 04:34 PM
If I had not mentioned rambling I doubt anyone would have noticed. I am rambling, it could be normal rambling. Or tablet induced rambling.......so many different variations. ;)

borderdawn
26-09-2007, 05:21 PM
Posted on the other board!

yola
26-09-2007, 05:25 PM
Rambling is good. It helps gets rid of anxieties.

Karen - look after yourself please, and take as long as you need to get well. If you need to take a month of then do so - you owe it to yourself to get over this!

When I had the under-rib and shoulder pain it turned out to be pancreatitis. I started off with a very bad kidney infection (pain in lower back) and thankfully was still in hospital pending discharge when the pancreatitis hit. I genuinely thought I was going to die the pain was so bad. :shock:

I'm wishing you all the best and a quick and speedy recovery my friend.

Kazz
26-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Ouch that sounds bad Yola glad you're fine now. Must admit I am getting better at being ill if that makes sense. :)

Thank you all.

Kim
26-09-2007, 06:22 PM
Karen, I can only echo Yola's wise words. Hope you can get this sorted and are feeling better soon. xx

Grete
26-09-2007, 06:28 PM
Doh Kazz, well at least they are on the right track now :) As the others have said, gall bladder problems can be treated easier and quicker recovery times so in a weird kind of way, it's 'better' for you :)

If you can I would listen to the doctors and take what time off you need as stress can exacerbate it. Taking the time now and getting it fully sorted will mean less time off in the long run if that makes sense.

Oh and the no fat advice - that's a biggy and the least fat you can manage, the better you will feel.

*hugs* hope it all goes well with the scan.

Kazz
26-09-2007, 06:39 PM
Thanks all. Very very much.

MrsH
26-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Gosh that sounds terrible Kazz, hope the scan gives a definite diagnosis and then it can be treated. Grab the month's sick leave with both hands! This is no time to be a brave little soldier!

Kazz
26-09-2007, 06:48 PM
Nah can't see me taking all that. Even though work are telling me to as well. If I am well then I will be at work, if I have to have an op then I will be laid up for a couple of weeks afterwards - maybe thats why work want me to have the time they know I am not off unless I am poorly.

Kazz
26-09-2007, 06:49 PM
Meant to say not even got a diagnosis yet ie gallstones or gallbladder problems as such when I get given a diagnosis then I can weigh it up.

Moli
26-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Hope they are not too long with the scan Kazz, at lkeast then you will know what you are dealing with, as for a month off work, think you should do as you are told and take it easy....
Hope you feel better soon...xx

Elaine
26-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Dear god Kazz, that must have been terrible for you chum xxx
Do take the advise that others have given, sounds good to me and take the time off that you need.
Wishing you well xxxx

Kazz
26-09-2007, 08:53 PM
I'll be fine. Thank you all very much though.

Mags
26-09-2007, 10:22 PM
Kazz, my hubby had bad pains in his shoulder when he had gallstones..... he was also jaundiced with it. As others have said gallstones can be treated nowadays with keyhole surgery.

When my hubby had his op years ago to remove the stones he was still in awful pain after. It turned out they had left some 'gravel' behind and had to reopen his op wound 10 days later and remove his gall bladder altogether. Don't be worried by that, keyhole surgery is far better treatment these days.;)

You should take that sick leave Kazz, if you are working and trying to cope with pain, it will weaken you and you are not giving your body a chance.

Really hope you feel better soon Kazz ...xx

dandysmom
26-09-2007, 10:36 PM
Kazz, regarding the time off from work I was thinking of the old Pete Seeger song done by the Byrds......."to everything there is a season......a time to heal" ...don't try to go back too soon.

Sweet
27-09-2007, 07:53 AM
((((((hugs))))))

I really know that pain, as I said in the other thread, I had mine removed after the doctor said I couldnt live on morphine with young children, I would not wish the pain on anyone not even my worse enemy - fingers crossed you will be booked in straight away if they find its your gall bladder.

And, if you have to take morphine it does help tons but makes you itch, this makes me smile its like the *Pink* song and it always made me smile and think of that song even when the pain was so bad.

I have 4 tiny scares.

Look after yourself, and take that time off from work - your body is telling you to rest (((((((hugs)))))))

Love, Julie x

Jac
27-09-2007, 08:38 AM
Oh Kazz (((((((()))))))) I was about 10 when my Mum had gallstones. We thought she was going to die!!!

Take it easy and DO WHAT THE DOC TELLS YOU. If you need 3 or 4 weeks to recover then take that time. Hey you have to be fine for the meal:lol:

Donna
27-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Hope you get the scan soon Kazz, and get this sorted. AND TAKE TIME OFF WORK IF YOU ARE TOLD TO!!!

smudgley
27-09-2007, 12:44 PM
Oh dear Kazz. Do as the others have said & make sure you rest for as long as you need to.

EmmaG
30-09-2007, 07:24 PM
I hope you feel better soon Kazz xxxx

babycakes
30-09-2007, 07:28 PM
Sorry I missed this thread. Hope you get things sorted and are out of pain soon. My friend had gallstones removed and she is great now. X